IGNORED

Wolverhampton (Home) Wednesday 19 May

markjazzbassist

We were so poor in the first half, it was just more of what we've become used to. The lack of movement from us is such a major problem and it must be sorted out with the signings we make in the summer - runners, runners, runners! Too many times a defender gets the ball and there isn't a ball on to anyone, or a midfielder does show for it but then has to give it straight back to the defender because there's no runner ahead of them.

It's hard to say whether Ancelotti's half-time team talk is the reason for the second half or if simply scoring an early goal helped us. Whatever the reason, we were a much better side in that second half. Not brilliant by any stretch but there was certainly a lot more to feel positive about. Not least being Richarlison's performance - he worked hard and battled, but he also was a constant threat and helped get us up the pitch. Bit disappointed with DCL though - the amount of time he spends nowhere near the box is not what we want or need from him.

Nice to end the home campaign with a win and hopefully we can win a few more at home next season!

When your home form is that shit, it doesn't matter how you win - just that you do. Made up to have finished the campaign off on a high, I think we could have actually got more as we looked good in the second half but one goal is all that matters when you keep a clean sheet. So pleased for Richarlison too, one of the biggest ''confidence'' players I've ever seen and looked a different beast after his goal, keep that form into the City game please :D!!

22 minutes ago, milesey05 said:

Recorded the game and skipped through it in 20 minutes. stopped at corners at free kicks etc. A first for me but that’s what Everton have done to me this season. Don’t think I missed much. 

Genuinely pissed off that we've won, absolute clampet :lol:...

That was definitely better. Not by loads but there was a bit more about the players. Coleman embodied that most, but Richarlison wasn't far behind. The two centre backs stood their ground well and Doucoure got better and better, probably just about edging my MOTM. 

The actual quality of the football on show was abysmal for most of the game. The biggest culprit was Dom. Almost everything he did was poor quality or a bad decision.

Allan is starting to worry me as he is starting to look very off the pace. He is getting sucked out of position and beaten too often. He is getting off balance far too regularly as well and giving poor passes, generally weak or mishit. They are signs of a man feeling his age against younger, stronger legs. 

Similar comments apply to Siggy as well, constantly sucked out of the game and then giving the ball away or killing off attacks when he gets the ball. If it wasnt for the two long shots today you wouldnt know he was playing. 

On a more positive note, Digne perked up a bit going forward. He had trouble with Traore, but unlike Godfrey who had similar problems, he contributed to our attacks and was able to link up with his teammates going forward. 

9 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

When your home form is that shit, it doesn't matter how you win - just that you do. Made up to have finished the campaign off on a high, I think we could have actually got more as we looked good in the second half but one goal is all that matters when you keep a clean sheet. So pleased for Richarlison too, one of the biggest ''confidence'' players I've ever seen and looked a different beast after his goal, keep that form into the City game please :D!!

Genuinely pissed off that we've won, absolute clampet :lol:...

Never said I was pissed off, I have found watching Everton very Laborious this season that’s all. As you said, great to finish our last home game with a win.