IGNORED

Please NO!!!

Next manager? Please NO!!  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you absolutely NOT want as Everton's next manager?

• Rafael Benitez
    • Antonio Conte
    • Lucien Favre
    • Duncan Ferguson
    • Christoph Galtier
    • Roberto Martinez
    • David Moyes
    • Graham Potter
    • Nuno Espirito Santo

This poll is closed to new votes

As I've mentioned before, I believe Farhad Moshiri to be a smart man. As with any strong and effective leader, he has his own opinions, but I'm convinced he listens to his team. My guess right now is that he's made clear his preference and is offering his team and supporters the opportunity to talk him out of it. This is why no announcement will be made until next week. Will supporters fall in line, or will opposition grow quickly and loudly?

So, in that light, forgive me for creating another poll, but, for what it's worth, I thought we could make our views known. I believe I've included the viable candidates right now; please let me know if I've overlooked anyone. Choose the candidates you would absolutely NOT want to be Everton's next manager.

Honestly there aren’t any above who I would say absolutely no to.

I think they are all pretty much on the same level.

The only one I would stand against, would be Sam Aladyce. I couldn’t take that again. Don’t get me wrong, Carlo’s football was very close to being on a par…. But Sam edges it for me.

Results of this poll...

• 71% do not want Rafael Benitez to be Everton manager
  • 71% do not want David Moyes to be Everton manager
  • 46% do not want Duncan Ferguson to be Everton manager
  • 33% do not want Roberto Martinez to be Everton manager
  • 25% do not want Nuno Esprito Santo to be Everton manager

The clear favorite among Everton fans is Graham Potter.

On 26/06/2021 at 16:22, Cornish Steve said:

As I've mentioned before, I believe Farhad Moshiri to be a smart man. As with any strong and effective leader, he has his own opinions, but I'm convinced he listens to his team. My guess right now is that he's made clear his preference and is offering his team and supporters the opportunity to talk him out of it

Bollocks he and possibly Usmanov are responsible for every manager who has been appointed since they bought the club, to say that they listen to their team and supporters is very far fetched I would say very much the opposite, you would like to think after 5 years of fuck up after fuck up they might have learned to have listened to the football men, but if the next manager is Benitez then it would appear not. 

7 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Results of this poll...

• 71% do not want Rafael Benitez to be Everton manager
  • 71% do not want David Moyes to be Everton manager
  • 46% do not want Duncan Ferguson to be Everton manager
  • 33% do not want Roberto Martinez to be Everton manager
  • 25% do not want Nuno Esprito Santo to be Everton manager

The clear favorite among Everton fans is Graham Potter.

Jeez,  bring in Benitez, Ferguson, Moyes, or any of the the other fockers but not Potter.  We are a big club and need a big manager, and to me Potter is not one.

POTTER  !!  FFS.  If anybody thinks he would be better than all the names on that list, they are suffering from a very severe case of bad judgement.  …........ Potter ffs  would be bottom of that list.

Edit .... Don't forget Catterick and Kendall had John Moore's at the Club we were known as the Mersey Millionaires.    The Man City of the time.

28 minutes ago, Bill said:

POTTER  !!  FFS.  If anybody thinks he would be better than all the names on that list, they are suffering from a very severe case of bad judgement.  …........ Potter ffs  would be bottom of that list.

Edit .... Don't forget Catterick and Kendall had John Moore's at the Club we were known as the Mersey Millionaires.    The Man City of the time.

I don’t want Potter either, but I don’t see how Ferguson can be considered a bigger or better manager.

5 hours ago, Bill said:

Moores stood down as chairman in 1973 and left the board in 1977, on no planet anywhere did Kendall buy the eighties success, he actually spent very little.

Potter is my second choice after Conte. When I first watched Brighton I seen a team similar to us under Moyes when he first come. However Potter is still improving, not scared to tweak things or stick with favourites regardless of form. More recently he seems to be developing the youth quite well too. 

Looking at the Brighton team, he sorted out the defense with big centre halves. Made the team solid and then slowly added players who can play like Gross and Trossard. 

Only negative I can think of football wise is his away form. Which is unfortunately also  like Moyes in going for the draw. Hopefully if he come to us he'd be more ambitious. Only other negative if he's not a big name to attract players, but that's what we've got Brands for.

2 hours ago, Bill said:

Jeez,  bring in Benitez, Ferguson, Moyes, or any of the the other fockers but not Potter.  We are a big club and need a big manager, and to me Potter is not one.

Now do you know - has he had a go at a 'big' club yet?. All any manager can do is make the best of the resources he has available to him. Potter is doing that - and at the same time getting plaudits for playing football that is easy on the eye.   

To me you would be taking no more of a risk with Potter (a popular choice up and coming manager who plays nice football, but lack some experience) as you are doing with Benitez (a very unpopular choice with the fans a bit more of an older fashion manager, who has a bit reputation of being awkward and causing disharmony at clubs, doesn't play the nicest of football, but has experience and is relatively effective results wise).

Every manager comes with there very own positives and negatives. 

Benitez is probably a sensible approach. I don't believe the journalists who say Brands has no choice in the matter of who becomes the next manager (lazy journalism if you ask me) - if you read a little about Benitez and his underlying philosophies, his approach to the development of youth and giving youth a chance aligns very well with the footballing philosophy Brands is trying to envelope at the club. Why would Brands not embrace a manager who has a very similar philosophy to what his is trying to achieve at the club. Brands doesn't have blue blood running though his vains - so I don't see why he would have a issue with a 'Benitez'. If there was a problem at an executive board level - it is most likely going to come from Kenwright et al who are true blues and would struggle a lot more with swallowing a Benitez size pill - a bit like some of us.

I think Benitez will be far more in line with what Brands is tasked with achieving with the club than Mr Carlo 'I'm surprised how good Godfrey is' Ancelotti. 

maybe sensible rather than a more gung ho approach is what we need for the next 2-3years.  I want to see quality 'Godfrey' like signings become the norm and if Benitez is behind that, then I might be pleasantly surprised.