IGNORED

Rafael Benitez

35 minutes ago, StevO said:

But you didn’t answer Marks question. 

No one who is pro Rafa ever answers this question. 
Do we stick with him for the 18 months everyone keeps saying, even if we get relegated? 

You obviously don't really take that much notice of what I actual write - I am not particular pro Benitez, and am just pro given the manager in charge of Everton a fair chance at the job - whoever he is, this happens to be Benitez at the moment.

This team is not a great team - you add a horrible run of injuries to key players and its a worst team of players. On paper in this highly competitive league this squad of available players is very much a bottom half team. Whoever manages this team over October, November and December this season struggles to get many points.

If people think Graham Potter or anybody else adopts the team Ancelooti had last year, spends less than £2M on new face and has an injury crisis to the key player to deal with would have use flying high in the league then I would say they are talking through there arses.  And I actually wanted Potter, but I don't think he is a miracle worker. 

If we where in this positon and Benitiez had been putting out a fairly strong and consistent team week on week I would be fucking very concerned we had not picked up a few more points, but he hasn't been afforded that.

Over the rest of this season I think Benitez is just as likely to pick up as many points with a fit squad as the next man. A bit more luck with injuries and we will be fine (whoever is in charge within reason)- if we have a second half of the season like the first with injuries I will be concerned but this concern would extend beyond Benitez being the manager. 

So the answer to your question is no, you I wouldn't what to stick with a manager who takes us down - but that would go for any manager. 

However, if this squad is ravaged by injuries for the second half of this season who would be the man that would guarantee us picking up more point that Benitez? Fucked if I know.  I asked this months ago and not one answer.

We have made our bed with Benitez and we have to lie in it to a degree - the bigger picture is if we simply fire him after 18 league games (even though there has been an injury crisis through 12 or so of these games), how does that look to other perspective managers? We have to give the man who is currently managing our team a FAIR chance otherwise we are in danger of looking like a bunch of unknowledgeable fuckwits. Who in their right mine with proven skills needed would want this job?

17 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

You obviously don't really take that much notice of what I actual write - I am not particular pro Benitez, and am just pro given the manager in charge of Everton a fair chance at the job - whoever he is, this happens to be Benitez at the moment.

This team is not a great team - you add a horrible run of injuries to key players and its a worst team of players. On paper in this highly competitive league this squad of available players is very much a bottom half team. Whoever manages this team over October, November and December this season struggles to get many points.

If people think Graham Potter or anybody else adopts the team Ancelooti had last year, spends less than £2M on new face and has an injury crisis to the key player to deal with would have use flying high in the league then I would say they are talking through there arses.  And I actually wanted Potter, but I don't think he is a miracle worker. 

If we where in this positon and Benitiez had been putting out a fairly strong and consistent team week on week I would be fucking very concerned we had not picked up a few more points, but he hasn't been afforded that.

Over the rest of this season I think Benitez is just as likely to pick up as many points with a fit squad as the next man. A bit more luck with injuries and we will be fine (whoever is in charge within reason)- if we have a second half of the season like the first with injuries I will be concerned but this concern would extend beyond Benitez being the manager. 

So the answer to your question is no, you I wouldn't what to stick with a manager who takes us down - but that would go for any manager. 

However, if this squad is ravaged by injuries for the second half of this season who would be the man that would guarantee us picking up more point that Benitez? Fucked if I know.  I asked this months ago and not one answer.

We have made our bed with Benitez and we have to lie in it to a degree - the bigger picture is if we simply fire him after 18 league games (even though there has been an injury crisis through 12 or so of these games), how does that look to other perspective managers? We have to give the man who is currently managing our team a FAIR chance otherwise we are in danger of looking like a bunch of unknowledgeable fuckwits. Who in their right mine with proven skills needed would want this job?

i do read what you write Rob, but you didn’t initially really give a concrete answer. In those eight paragraphs only paragraph six actually answers the question. 

So you would not stick with a manager who would take us down. At what point would you call time on Rafa then? Im not asking who should replace him, I’m not asking for war and peace about how many injuries we have, we all know this already, I’m just asking how bad would it be for you to want him gone? We know you want to give him at least 18 months to show what he can do, but we know you don’t want him to take us down. So where is the break point? 
For me personally, maybe not yet. Lose the next three league games and that’s probably it for me. 

26 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

You did ask this, and maybe like me not remembering Palfys answer, you didn’t remember mine. 
I told you I don’t know enough about football outside of Everton to suggest a replacement. I watch Everton, I don’t have enough free time to watch any other football to make myself knowledgeable about other managers who are out there and who could be available or do a good enough job. But I would hope there are people at the club who’s job it is to do this kind of research (we did have a guy who should be doing this but we got rid of him recently).

I’ve also said in another thread that it’s possible to be aware of a problem without being aware of the solution. I sit in that position right now. 

I don’t think it matter who our manager is until we get rid of mega money players who are contributing nothing. Too many players chewing up our wage bill and restricting us from getting in any sort quality in the transfer market. Gbamin, Tosun, Delph, Mina & Iwobi all need to go. That’s 5 players who were signed to be in and around the first team and barely contribute - by no means accurate but a quick google as a guide has that at £18.88m in wages p/a for a combined 1819 minutes.

I imagine there’s a clause in Gylfi’s contract for these situations so I haven’t included him. 

1 hour ago, Btay said:

I don’t think it matter who our manager is until we get rid of mega money players who are contributing nothing. Too many players chewing up our wage bill and restricting us from getting in any sort quality in the transfer market. Gbamin, Tosun, Delph, Mina & Iwobi all need to go. That’s 5 players who were signed to be in and around the first team and barely contribute - by no means accurate but a quick google as a guide has that at £18.88m in wages p/a for a combined 1819 minutes.

I imagine there’s a clause in Gylfi’s contract for these situations so I haven’t included him. 

The way we’ve given out contracts in the past, I would assume we are still paying gylfi, otherwise we’d have to have terminated his contract, of which he was only “stood down”

I’m curious to see a fully fit team with Rafa’s signings, but i’m also very skeptical especially regarding the Digne comments etc that was unproffessional imo.

1 hour ago, StevO said:

You did ask this, and maybe like me not remembering Palfys answer, you didn’t remember mine. 
I told you I don’t know enough about football outside of Everton to suggest a replacement. I watch Everton, I don’t have enough free time to watch any other football to make myself knowledgeable about other managers who are out there and who could be available or do a good enough job. But I would hope there are people at the club who’s job it is to do this kind of research (we did have a guy who should be doing this but we got rid of him recently).

I’ve also said in another thread that it’s possible to be aware of a problem without being aware of the solution. I sit in that position right now. 

The answer is to try to not create the problem in the first place, but if it can’t be avoided you shouldn’t be shooting at the person who didn’t create it but has come in to try and address it, until he’s had a decent amount of time to put his stamp on it and if things aren’t improving after a minimum 18 months then shoot away. 

1 hour ago, Btay said:

Well we will be rid of Tosun, Delph and Gylfi in the summer, so not many left after that. 

26 minutes ago, Palfy said:

The answer is to try to not create the problem in the first place, but if it can’t be avoided you shouldn’t be shooting at the person who didn’t create it but has come in to try and address it, until he’s had a decent amount of time to put his stamp on it and if things aren’t improving after a minimum 18 months then shoot away. 

You’re going to love watching us win more games next season Palfy. Stoke, Blackpool, Preston, Birmingham, going to be great fun! Then we can sack Rafa in January and bring players like Dwight Gayle and Matt Richie to help us try to get in the playoffs. 😂

Im using humour to make myself feel better about this shit show. Thankfully I know you’ll take it in jest. 

2 minutes ago, StevO said:

You’re going to love watching us win more games next season Palfy. Stoke, Blackpool, Preston, Birmingham, going to be great fun! Then we can sack Rafa in January and bring players like Dwight Gayle and Matt Richie to help us try to get in the playoffs. 😂

Im using humour to make myself feel better about this shit show. Thankfully I know you’ll take it in jest. 

I do take it in jest mate, a bit of sarcasm tinged with a bit of humour is the best medicine for these situations, a little bit of piss taking lifts the spirits. 

9 hours ago, StevO said:

i do read what you write Rob, but you didn’t initially really give a concrete answer. In those eight paragraphs only paragraph six actually answers the question. 

So you would not stick with a manager who would take us down. At what point would you call time on Rafa then? Im not asking who should replace him, I’m not asking for war and peace about how many injuries we have, we all know this already, I’m just asking how bad would it be for you to want him gone? We know you want to give him at least 18 months to show what he can do, but we know you don’t want him to take us down. So where is the break point? 
For me personally, maybe not yet. Lose the next three league games and that’s probably it for me. 

It depends on the circumstances. I would give this manager at least 12 or more games with a 'fit' squad and especially DCL available to see some improvment in the result.  I have no doubt we will see improvment with key player available. 

I am not expecting instant european football type of form. I will take a bit of time for the two new young signings to bed in, I can get behind that. 

I am behind buying the Pattersons of this world over the more instant fix of the Trippiers, Courtiniho and Ramsey's of this world. 

My fear is just sacking the current manager and bringing somebody else in, especially if they have not had experience in the Prem and the bottom half of it, is you actually probably increase the risk of relegation slightly. 

Just bringing in a new manager to coach this set of average players does not equal better results or the potential avoidance of relegation, especially if down to a continuing injury list. 

2 hours ago, RuffRob said:

It depends on the circumstances. I would give this manager at least 12 or more games with a 'fit' squad and especially DCL available to see some improvment in the result.  I have no doubt we will see improvment with key player available. 

I am not expecting instant european football type of form. I will take a bit of time for the two new young signings to bed in, I can get behind that. 

I am behind buying the Pattersons of this world over the more instant fix of the Trippiers, Courtiniho and Ramsey's of this world. 

My fear is just sacking the current manager and bringing somebody else in, especially if they have not had experience in the Prem and the bottom half of it, is you actually probably increase the risk of relegation slightly. 

Just bringing in a new manager to coach this set of average players does not equal better results or the potential avoidance of relegation, especially if down to a continuing injury list. 

So to answer the question I asked I think you’re saying you give him 12 more games to improve things? Fair enough. I think if we’re in the shit at that point a new guy only having eight games left to save us from relegation might be a bit tight, but it’s an answer, so thank you for that. 

11 minutes ago, StevO said:

Erm, better than our current tough leader. None of those you mentioned went on a run of one win in 12 games. 

None of them had to deal with anywhere near the amount of injuries to key players or covid or the financial constraints Rafa has

Yes it’s a piss poor run and obviously is not good enough but why are people who are so fixated with that stat completely ignoring any form of context?

1 minute ago, StevO said:

So to answer the question I asked I think you’re saying you give him 12 more games to improve things? Fair enough. I think if we’re in the shit at that point a new guy only having eight games left to save us from relegation might be a bit tight, but it’s an answer, so thank you for that. 

I think this is a mid table squad when fit and a bottom half team if you add prolonged injuries to key players - for any capable manager I would expect to be moving steady in to mid table when this squad of players are fit. So 12 games under these circumstances (a relatively fit squad) - say roughly something of the order of 3or4 wins, 4 draws and 4 defeats would be kind of a reasonable expectation - give or take, especially if we are also bedding in young players. 

History also dictates that a new manager tends to have a 'honeymoon period' or three or four games when they first arrive at a club and then they tend to fall away a bit as the players slip back to their old ways. If a new manager did come to this this squad - this honeymoon period results would be vital, and I would like to think we would be sweating on the last relegation place rather than being rooted in the bottom two needing to win the last three games or something like that. To this end, 8 games should be plenty to be getting us over the line. 

I would be more worried about a continuing injury crisis over who is the managers is if we are talking relegation risk.

A simple question to you - less key players injured and Benitez in charge for the rest of the season or near exacted same injuries problems including DCL out until the end of the year and somebody else having a crack at putting different teams out each week. 

3 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

None of them had to deal with anywhere near the amount of injuries to key players or covid or the financial constraints Rafa has

Yes it’s a piss poor run and obviously is not good enough but why are people who are so fixated with that stat completely ignoring any form of context?

Fixated with that stat? That’s a joke right? Fixated with a stat? No, bored of seeing Everton get beat week after week. It’s not fixated with a stat. You can feel free to enjoy the last 12 games, personally, it’s been a fucking nightmare. 

Carlo had to work through covid too, as do the other 19 teams in the league, and every manager has to deal with injuries, it’s par for the course. Yes the injuries have been bad this season, but the bulk of it is DCL anyway. We still had enough to at least beat Watford and Brentford. 

I’ll go along with the financial constraints, but the only player Rafa didn’t have that Carlo did was Gylfi, he may have been forced to move on Kean and James, but how much of a positive influence on the team were they? After all, so many wanted them gone. 

But hey, all of the excuses are out there already.

I’ll leave you to carry on enjoying this season Dunc, I’ve got a few things to do before I see if my nightmare continues later on. 

2 hours ago, RuffRob said:

A simple question to you - less key players injured and Benitez in charge for the rest of the season or near exacted same injuries problems including DCL out until the end of the year and somebody else having a crack at putting different teams out each week. 

You didn’t actually type the question Rob 😂

17 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

The main reason I don’t want him sacked yet is because I just think it’s impossible to judge Rafa one way or the other at the moment given the circumstances. Yes he knew we had no money and yes he knew how poor the squad was before he took over but he certainly did not know the squad would be decimated by injuries & covid in the way it has. 
If you rip the spine out of virtually any team in the Premiership bar maybe City and Chelsea then they will struggle. We have been shite ever since Moyes left bar that first season under Martinez and a succession of managers have failed to get a tune out of this squad even when everyone is fully fit so how are people expecting Rafa to turn it around under these circumstances?

Before the injuries struck we were doing alright and everyone seems to have lost sight of that. Yes we hadn’t played anyone of any note but how many shit teams have deservedly left Goodison Park with all three points in recent years?

I don’t think you can even judge him in the transfer market yet. While Gray and Townsend were definitely Rafa signings Ukrainian Mik and Nathan Patterson have clearly been scouted extensively and were in the pipeline long before Rafa got here

Everyone in here has been saying this bunch of tossers have been getting away with far too much for far too long and we need a manger who won’t stand for it, then we get one and people are up in arms

He has fallen out with one of our senior players, something he has a track record for doing, but I’m told there is a good reason this time

So yes things are really bad at the moment but I firmly believe there are many mitigating circumstances for that and so comparisons to Mike Walker are just ridiculous 

People say there is no plan and can’t see what type of team we are trying to be and that is true at the moment we look completely clueless and unorganised at times , well most of the time, but again I think that is down to circumstances. He clearly bought Gray and Townsend to get crosses into DCL but the plan was out of the window after 3 games

So for me he hasn’t had a chance to show what he can do so doesn’t deserve the boot

If the form doesn’t improve when everyone is back then fair enough we need to get rid

I do think you make some valid points but there also some that need further context. 

Football teams get injuries. All the other teams in the league have had to deal with the issues we have. Here is the curent list of all Premier League clubs:

https://www.premierinjuries.com/injury-table.php

This is only as things stand right now but the point is, every side in the league is having to deal with these issues. It was a management decision to have the squad as it is going into the season. We didnt have to let Niels and Kean go, but we decided to. James could have stayed. If management thought we were going to susceptable to a covid crisis or certain injuries then they should have planned better. Getting Rondon in as late as we did is an example of that. 

We don't know who signed who. I agree with your suspicions but I doubt Benitez was aware of Grays release clause for example. 

This squad is still far different to the one Martinez left. Two much less successful managers in Silva and Koeman at least managed to have an impact in their first season. Ancellotti even got us playing brilliant football before it went to shit. There is enough evidence there that most of these players can play. Part of the problem before is that many of the players were brought in by Mohsiri and not the manager. It would appear that Benitez has had more control than any other manager since Martinez over that aspect. I can only say appear because we dont know for sure.

If our tactic is to simply buy players to whip crosses into a striker, I would seriously question why that manager was employed in the first place. There are more tactically astute Sunday league teams. Its also not like we dont have another striker playing that is known for getting on the end of crosses. Our issue hasnt been not being able to get Dom on the end of crosses, it is everything else before that from our defending to our build up play. Our press is dreadful and against Brighton, the back 5 clearly didnt know the areas they should be covering and when to pass men on. 

I’m fully signed up to Benitez’s we only want people at this club who want to be here and are fully committed to the team instead of just themselves. He leads by example the team is more important than any individual, he’s shown that by dismissing any chance of him leaving and taking the easier job at Newcastle, the richest club in the world and adored by the fans how much easier life could have been, but Benitez is honourable and through out his career as shown impeccable loyalty unlike Ancelotti for instance. He’s here to do his best and make the hard decisions to transform our past of shit managers and shit purchases that have led us to where we find ourselves now. I am completely with Benitez and Reid any player who wants to leave or isn’t committed to the team tactics can fuck off and shouldn’t be considered part of the club, to look at them any other way would be abject weakness and those who think that should fuck off with them.  

1 hour ago, RPG said:

And all were sacked or did a runner and none of them had to deal with the combination of Covid-19 and severe injury list that Benitez has.

Benitez is putting his stamp on the squad and has ruffled a few feathers along the way. It won't provide instant results but I do think that it is a better recipe for success than continuing to waste Moshiri's millions on overpaid past it or average players.

They were all sacked, yes they were, sacked when getting better results than Rafa. 
Carlo had to deal with covid. 
Every manager at every club has to deal with injuries. Over the period of the managers you named we had three players actually snap theirs legs in half and miss pretty much a full year, McCarthy, Coleman and Gomes were all important in the teams at the time, during those periods we will have had injuries happen because it happens in football. We also bought Gbamin to come straight in the team, misses two years!

Last season Pickford missed 7 league games, Mina 14, Coleman 13, Digne 8, Allan 14, Doucoure 9, Richarlison 4, DCL 5. That’s a lot of our key players missing plenty of games, im not even including James who was a big part of when we played well, and we still managed to finish 10th. Yes, when the players were fit we got points on the board early and that helped, but even when we were very very poor at the end we were better than this awful run now. 

I want nothing more than Rafa to sort this out and improve, because we need stability, but I said before he even started that he is not the manager to bring stability. Just look through this thread, through these arguments. We all care so passionately, but there is clearly two camps on this. When all of the other managers went there wasn’t a split, it was always pretty much everyone agreeing they should be sacked. Rafa was divisive on his way in and he will be on the way out, and even worse, he is divisive while he is still here. I don’t blame Rafa for that, I blame Moshiri for putting us in this place to begin with. 

2 minutes ago, StevO said:

Fixated with that stat? That’s a joke right? Fixated with a stat? No, bored of seeing Everton get beat week after week. It’s not fixated with a stat. You can feel free to enjoy the last 12 games, personally, it’s been a fucking nightmare. 

Carlo had to work through covid too, as do the other 19 teams in the league, and every manager has to deal with injuries, it’s par for the course. Yes the injuries have been bad this season, but the bulk of it is DCL anyway. We still had enough to at least beat Watford and Brentford. 

I’ll go along with the financial constraints, but the only player Rafa didn’t have that Carlo did was Gylfi, he may have been forced to move on Kean and James, but how much of a positive influence on the team were they? After all, so many wanted them gone. 

But hey, all of the excuses are out there already.

I’ll leave you to carry on enjoying this season Dunc, I’ve got a few things to do before I see if my nightmare continues later on. 

Sorry I can’t agree with any of that

No it’s not a joke you are looking at the stat in complete isolation and are totally ignoring any form of context

Ive already mentioned the injuries and covid that you seem to think all sides have been as badly effected as us but that is simply not true. The only other sides that have been anywhere near as badly effected are Lees and Leicester who have both also struggled badly.

How did covid effect Carlos team other than having to play behind closed doors? I may well be wrong but I don’t recall a single Everton player missing a game last season due to covid

How can you say the only player Rafa didn’t have that Carl has was Siggy when we have been without DCL, Richarlison, Doucoure and Mina for long periods of the season?

Where the fuck do you get the idea I’ve enjoyed the season especially as I’ve said it’s piss. Poor and not good enough?

The injuries, covid and the FFP restrictions may well be excuses but they are legitimate excuses, if you want to pretend otherwise because it suits your agenda then fair enough but please don’t tall white and infer I’m in any way happy with this season

13 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I’m fully signed up to Benitez’s we only want people at this club who want to be here and are fully committed to the team instead of just themselves. He leads by example the team is more important than any individual, he’s shown that by dismissing any chance of him leaving and taking the easier job at Newcastle, the richest club in the world and adored by the fans how much easier life could have been, but Benitez is honourable and through out his career as shown impeccable loyalty unlike Ancelotti for instance. He’s here to do his best and make the hard decisions to transform our past of shit managers and shit purchases that have led us to where we find ourselves now. I am completely with Benitez and Reid any player who wants to leave or isn’t committed to the team tactics can fuck off and shouldn’t be considered part of the club, to look at them any other way would be abject weakness and those who think that should fuck off with them.  

I don’t think anyone disagrees that we should only want players who want to be here Palfy. 

1 minute ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Sorry I can’t agree with any of that

No it’s not a joke you are looking at the stat in complete isolation and are totally ignoring any form of context

Ive already mentioned the injuries and covid that you seem to think all sides have been as badly effected as us but that is simply not true. The only other sides that have been anywhere near as badly effected are Lees and Leicester who have both also struggled badly.

How did covid effect Carlos team other than having to play behind closed doors? I may well be wrong but I don’t recall a single Everton player missing a game last season due to covid

How can you say the only player Rafa didn’t have that Carl has was Siggy when we have been without DCL, Richarlison, Doucoure and Mina for long periods of the season?

Where the fuck do you get the idea I’ve enjoyed the season especially as I’ve said it’s piss. Poor and not good enough?

The injuries, covid and the FFP restrictions may well be excuses but they are legitimate excuses, if you want to pretend otherwise because it suits your agenda then fair enough but please don’t tall white and infer I’m in any way happy with this season

I’m baffled that you’re considering the run of for of one win in 12 as just some stat. 

The only player Rafa didn’t have that Carlo had because on the day he turned up at Finch Farm they were his players. Not talking about the injuries I was talking about the squad he was given. But the players you mentioned as being missing for Rafa, Carlo also had injuries and I have just listed them in another post. 

How many players have missed many games due to Covid for us this season? We had the Chelsea game and we got a great result there, but other than that we’ve had games cancelled, but what players have missed what games from covid? But I don’t see this as being such as issue as the other 19 teams are dealing with this too!

I get the impression you’re happy with how things are going from the posts you’re making, if im wrong then great, because I don’t understand how any Evertonian can be happy with anything this season. 

3 minutes ago, StevO said:

I don’t think anyone disagrees that we should only want players who want to be here Palfy. 

So why do so many choose to ignore that Digne has said he doesn’t and shown lack of commitment to the team, regardless of what he may feel about Benitez and the tactics. 

Just now, Palfy said:

So why do so many choose to ignore that Digne has said he doesn’t and shown lack of commitment to the team, regardless of what he may feel about Benitez and the tactics. 

If Digne wants to leave then that’s absolutely fine. But we don’t know what’s lead to this, we probably never will. 

Has he said he wants to leave because he’s been frozen out or has he been frozen out because he wants to leave? 

3 minutes ago, StevO said:

If Digne wants to leave then that’s absolutely fine. But we don’t know what’s lead to this, we probably never will. 

Has he said he wants to leave because he’s been frozen out or has he been frozen out because he wants to leave? 

But can’t you see one is the same as the other, Digne says I don’t want to play your tactics Benitez says I’m not changing my tactics so you can’t play in my team, Digne says your not playing me I want to leave. There’s no room for any player in any team who shows he isn’t fully committed to team. 

5 minutes ago, Palfy said:

But can’t you see one is the same as the other, Digne says I don’t want to play your tactics Benitez says I’m not changing my tactics so you can’t play in my team, Digne says your not playing me I want to leave. There’s no room for any player in any team who shows he isn’t fully committed to team. 

Digne says “I don’t want to play to your tactics” is a fair bit of creative freedom there Palfy. We know he wasn’t happy with the tactics and spoke to him about it, we don’t know anything more than that, we certainly don’t know that he refused to play. We know he said he was sick for the Chelsea game, but that was a couple of weeks after he had been dropped anyway. To suggest he said he didn’t want to play because of the tactics it is nothing but made up. We don’t know the outcome or the content of this conversation, the truth could make either of them look bad but we don’t know the truth. 

As I’ve said though, if he wants to leave then no problem, leave. I would like to know exactly what’s gone on leading to that point but I concede that we never will. 

4 minutes ago, Bailey said:

We don't know what Digne has said. 

I think we do mate. I think we all know what Benitez has said will be pretty much spot on, you don’t like Benitez so you’re blinkered to what’s happening you accuse Benitez’s ego of not picking Digne no manager worth his salt should be picking a player who doesn’t want to play and wants to leave. 

30 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I think we do mate. I think we all know what Benitez has said will be pretty much spot on, you don’t like Benitez so you’re blinkered to what’s happening you accuse Benitez’s ego of not picking Digne no manager worth his salt should be picking a player who doesn’t want to play and wants to leave. 

Why do we know that? 

Look if Digne has kicked off and been a pain, I will be fully behind Benitez. 

As far as I am concerned its all he said, she said. Only those involved really know what has been said. 

Again if you wish to believe Benitez, that is your choice. I'll reserve my full opinion until more information comes out.