IGNORED

Rafael Benitez

18 minutes ago, Formby said:

At this moment in time, I will go along with anyone who can just keep us up.

No one's going to agree on the next manager so it will be more of the same nonsense, though. These players are quite something. 

What a joke we are....

I don’t think we’ll all agree, but I think we will unify behind the next manager (short term at least). 

Just now, StevO said:

I don’t think we’ll all agree, but I think we will unify behind the next manager (short term at least). 

Genuinely can't think of a more contentious appointment. Maybe Gerrard or Rodgers? Not even sure those two would have ruffled as many feathers as Rafa. I agree that no one will have a problem breathing a collective sigh of relief to support whoever comes in.

Unfortunatly our problems run so much deeper than Rafa Benitez. I agree he should never have been hired in the first place. For the simple fact he was never really wanted be a large proportion of the faithful. He above any other manager actually need the exact opposite to to start he has endured.

Now I will maintain he has been extremely unfortunate with transfer budgets available, injuries, i think this has had more impact on results than who the manager is. A tough task for any manager, let alone an unpopular one. 

I am so desperately sad we are on the cusp of again parting company with yet another manager.

What half decent manager would want to come near this club? My real fear on actually sacking Benitez is who actually comes in gets the most of these players playing again. Everton managers job is the worst job in the Premier League by a mile. 

I would have liked to have seen Benitez given at least 4 more games, to show what might be with new additions and a some fit players. Sacking halfway through a transfer window, with two of the new signings yet to get a minute on the pitch. 

I know some will be over the moon at Benitez going. However, us being totally rudderless actually scares me even more and my personnal view is our odds of relegation increase slightly when Benitez goes.

Terrible owner, no DoF, poor squad, little money and now looking like no manager. A fooking shambles. 

Fuck me hiring Martinez for stupid money after sacking him a few years ago and him taking us to the cleaner for £10m compensation. All he has done is managed internationally what is the best group of players in Europe and won nothing with them. 

or Blind faith in Big Dunc being a Premiership manager? The management experience he brings is been around a lot of failed regimes at Everton FC.

The solutions don't look any more appealing that the problem.

2 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

I was thinking Lampard, given real Prem experience as a manager, but I'd be OK with Rooney as well. He'd certainly garner instant support from fans.

Sorry but would see that as a knee jerk reaction. However don't know which way is a way forward for a future.

9 minutes ago, Btay said:

If it brings fight and passion we can’t be any worse than what ever it is we are now.

Just like last time it wouldn’t last for more than a game or two. By the time he took charge of his final game that had been used up and we looked crap again.

By all means, give him the Villa game to get them fired up and hopefully get a result, but use the time that can give us to hire someone permanently that can keep us up.

Do I have much faith in them being able to do that though? Not really because we’re run by clowns that clearly don’t have a fucking clue. If we’d had a properly functioning DoF (actually let them do their job and not interfere!) then I don’t think we’d be in this sort of mess now. 

7 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

It’s not a Rafa thing for me and I’m certainly not some kind of fan boy of his, I would say the same with any manager

If he goes I won’t lose any sleep but I just don’t think sacking managers every 6 months is the answer

It’s not, but he shouldn’t of been hired in the first place. You only have to look at how divisive and fractured we have become as a fan base in recent weeks to see why it was a ridiculous appointment.

I wasn’t over the moon with his appointment like a lot of others, but still gave him a chance. Any manager, at any club, in any league would likely be sacked after this run. 

This alone though doesn’t solve all our problems they are more deep rooted than that. The next thing to be concerned about is letting the same people make the next choice of manager. Unless there is  significant change it’s just rinse and repeat. 

We need a manager today. We’re in the middle of a transfer window where we desperately need a leader at the back.

Why don’t we sack the manager and wait till the summer? That way we have an excuse not to buy one.

Ahh dont be silly Shukes the DOF can sort it out inbetween managers.

Our board is full of bloody genius’s! 

Hard to tell with Ferguson.

Can he motivate? Yes. Is he a no nonsense type? Yes. Can he attract? No idea. 

For me he did enough to show he should be given a chance. Again people are saying he started well but soon dropped off….. how many matches was he in charge? What was his last result? 

Biggest risk would be attracting new players. Could you see that young Portuguese prodigy whose life ambition was to work for Big Dunc?

3 hours ago, Btay said:

It’s actually going to infuriate me more if we sack him 1 game after backing him to get rig of Digne. Sums up how short sighted the Managment of the club is.

Can you imagine if the new manager doesn't fancy the new signings? That'll be another £40m pissed up the wall.

23 minutes ago, London Blue said:

I think Potter would come, especially if we took Brighton's Director of football as well.

Their DoF knows his stuff. Problem for us is the Brighton board also seem to know their stuff and allow the DoF to do his thing.

The evidence that has piled up these last 5 or 6 years says that's the opposite to what is happening at our club.

4 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Their DoF knows his stuff. Problem for us is the Brighton board also seem to know their stuff and allow the DoF to do his thing.

The evidence that has piled up these last 5 or 6 years says that's the opposite to what is happening at our club.

Us having a DoF under Moshiri's ownership has just been another case of pissing money up the wall. They'll have been paid very well to not actually do their job.

It really is mind-blowing the incompetence at this club.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Would love him, but can’t see him leaving Brighton for us. Not after watching us sack so manny managers. He is young and has plenty of time ahead of him, so no need to rush into a job that could ruin his reputation.

Unfortunately, that’s the club that we are.

There are loads of managers who would come to us at a drop of a hat, let’s be honest a 3 year contract worth 21m paid out within a year, we definitely won’t struggle in that department, we are the cup that keeps giving.