IGNORED

Rafael Benitez

4 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Let’s also get one thing very very clear here.  The players have had about 5 managers sacked…… they can’t just be unlucky - the reality is we are riddled with a disgusting attitude amongst the players…. Not all but certainly enough to upset the apple cart consistently.

I think Rafa as divisive, stubborn and arrogant as he has been could tell some stories. 

there is a massive massive job to do, this bunch of players are a fuckin disgrace 

Don’t kid ourselves it’s just the players as many of them have also changed during the last 6 managers! 

Personally, I think that the club haven't even started to speak with other managers and haven't got a plan for a caretaker either. Moshiri clearly backed Benitez, so much so that he was publically praised for his work and allowed him to make changes (as recent as the sale of Digne). I think that Moshiri has, as he always does, jumped from idea to idea and decided that it's time for Benitez to go, regardless of what others around him think.

For what it's worth, I think we will get Rooney. But I don't think so much as a phonecall has been made to anyone, unless it's Kenwright having casual chats.

1 minute ago, barryj said:

Don’t kid ourselves it’s just the players as many of them have also changed during the last 6 managers! 

I’m not sure that a bunch of suits in a boardroom really impact the players attitude on the pitch. 

united won stuff with the glazers having wars etc. 

3 minutes ago, barryj said:

I’m both of those as this is the only logical first step we had to take. However, and it’s a big however there’s way more wrong with the club than just the manager. 

Absolutely. I'm just too tired to care. We fans laughed at Watford not long ago; we've become them. Moshiri, stadium aside (and again, that's a massive plus for him), has been a disaster and was always going to be. Its not managers or players taking us down, it's the lunatic running the asylum. 

59 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

If they were going to appoint a caretaker why wouldn’t they just announce it in the same statement ?

Because this is Everton Football Club. 

Those running the club don't know their arse from their elbow. I think there is more chance of them not getting round to appointing a caretaker than there is having someone lined up to come in.