IGNORED

Rafael Benitez

Let’s also get one thing very very clear here.  The players have had about 5 managers sacked…… they can’t just be unlucky - the reality is we are riddled with a disgusting attitude amongst the players…. Not all but certainly enough to upset the apple cart consistently.

I think Rafa as divisive, stubborn and arrogant as he has been could tell some stories. 

there is a massive massive job to do, this bunch of players are a fuckin disgrace 

9 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Just like last time it wouldn’t last for more than a game or two. By the time he took charge of his final game that had been used up and we looked crap again.

Duncan's heart is in it and we couldn't give it to anyone who would want Everton to succeed more (Rooney included). And I know that's not enough alone, you need much more than passion and determination to win football matches. It's the Denis Straq situation isn't it?

What I will say though, is that Duncan has been around for awhile at Everton watching on. People say he is part of the problem, perhaps he is, maybe he isn't there is no way of knowing that. Anyone that's been at the club now for awhile is 'part of the problem' to fans. Some staff will be a waste of a wage, others will be good members of staff who are very good at what they do.

He's learnt as the assistant of Ancelotti one of the world's most successful managers. He's then learnt from another highly successfulmanager in Rafa Benitez. Both of these have managed the biggest clubs in the world. Carlo was heavily rumoured to want him at Real Madrid when he left, so he is clearly well thought of by the high calibre gaffer.

He's seen where the mistakes are being made first hand. Knows the players better than I would imagine anyone else at the club, and will have a vision in place as he has been aspiring to be manager of Everton before he even took a coaching role here.

After sitting back and learning as an assistant since his last interim role, do you not think he could be ready to step up and take control of the team? Maybe give him a few games and identify other targets in the mean time. If things go well give him until the end of the season and make a decision from there? He's much more experienced than his last role where he was thrown in the deep end and still got a tune.

I'm not saying he would be the perfect replacement. The reason I'm behind giving him a chance is because as a football club we've ran out of different styles of manager to employ. We've ran out of ideas. Let's do the opposite of what we did last time around and give it to the man who actually would die for the club.

And he lives local & knows the city 😜

Sorry to rant on a bit Romey. Again.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Would love him, but can’t see him leaving Brighton for us. Not after watching us sack so manny managers. He is young and has plenty of time ahead of him, so no need to rush into a job that could ruin his reputation.

Unfortunately, that’s the club that we are.

That's what I initially thought Shukes but just have a look where all our previous managers have left to after being sakced. If he comes here for 6 months and makes a mess he's probably going to get the United job or something 😂

10 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Let’s also get one thing very very clear here.  The players have had about 5 managers sacked…… they can’t just be unlucky - the reality is we are riddled with a disgusting attitude amongst the players…. Not all but certainly enough to upset the apple cart consistently.

I think Rafa as divisive, stubborn and arrogant as he has been could tell some stories. 

there is a massive massive job to do, this bunch of players are a fuckin disgrace 

Mark my words this squad needs a leader in it. Someone who’s not scared to say it how it is right there on the pitch. Someone who commands respect. 

We haven’t one player in that dressing tool who commands the best. 

13 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Duncan's heart is in it and we couldn't give it to anyone who would want Everton to succeed more (Rooney included). And I know that's not enough alone, you need much more than passion and determination to win football matches. It's the Denis Straq situation isn't it?

What I will say though, is that Duncan has been around for awhile at Everton watching on. People say he is part of the problem, perhaps he is, maybe he isn't there is no way of knowing that. Anyone that's been at the club now for awhile is 'part of the problem' to fans. Some staff will be a waste of a wage, others will be good members of staff who are very good at what they do.

He's learnt as the assistant of Ancelotti one of the world's most successful managers. He's then learnt from another highly successfulmanager in Rafa Benitez. Both of these have managed the biggest clubs in the world. Carlo was heavily rumoured to want him at Real Madrid when he left, so he is clearly well thought of by the high calibre gaffer.

He's seen where the mistakes are being made first hand. Knows the players better than I would imagine anyone else at the club, and will have a vision in place as he has been aspiring to be manager of Everton before he even took a coaching role here.

After sitting back and learning as an assistant since his last interim role, do you not think he could be ready to step up and take control of the team? Maybe give him a few games and identify other targets in the mean time. If things go well give him until the end of the season and make a decision from there? He's much more experienced than his last role where he was thrown in the deep end and still got a tune.

I'm not saying he would be the perfect replacement. The reason I'm behind giving him a chance is because as a football club we've ran out of different styles of manager to employ. We've ran out of ideas. Let's do the opposite of what we did last time around and give it to the man who actually would die for the club.

And he lives local & knows the city 😜

Sorry to rant on a bit Romey. Again.

That all sounds lovely, Aiden, really (no sarcasm) but the man himself said he couldn't have done the job longer when he last took temporary charge. He was spent. I also don't know if he'd cope with possibly being in charge while we get relegated ruining his reputation with some of our fans. 

I firmly believe that if we gave him the job until the end of the season that he would take us down or before the season was out we'd be looking to replace him and that person would have barely any games left to save us at that point.

I really don't see Ferguson being in charge working if it's for more than a couple of games, and if we do go down the route of giving him the job until the end of the season then I fear for us.

What an awful situation we find ourselves in.

17 minutes ago, MC11 said:

Mark my words this squad needs a leader in it. Someone who’s not scared to say it how it is right there on the pitch. Someone who commands respect. 

We haven’t one player in that dressing tool who commands the best. 

Which is why Coleman irritates me, he’s like a school team captain cos he is the best behaved.   He shouldn’t even be playing…, cupping his ears to the fans after we suffered shite football. 

we need some seriously gnarly bastards. 

3 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

That all sounds lovely, Aiden, really (no sarcasm) but the man himself said he couldn't have done the job longer when he last took temporary charge. He was spent. I also don't know if he'd cope with possibly being in charge while we get relegated ruining his reputation with some of our fans. 

I firmly believe that if we gave him the job until the end of the season that he would take us down or before the season was out we'd be looking to replace him and that person would have barely any games left to save us at that point.

I really don't see Ferguson being in charge working if it's for more than a couple of games, and if we do go down the route of giving him the job until the end of the season then I fear for us.

If not Duncan, then who? Who is going to come in and get to grips with these players quickly? We surely don't have time to bed in a new manager from outside. I feel that we need a motivator as much as a tactician. If you go for a Potter type, will you see an immediate turnaround in attitude and performance? I really don't think so - and that's not a knock on Potter. 

7 minutes ago, Formby said:

If not Duncan, then who? Who is going to come in and get to grips with these players quickly? We surely don't have time to bed in a new manager from outside. I feel that we need a motivator as much as a tactician. If you go for a Potter type, will you see an immediate turnaround in attitude and performance? I really don't think so - and that's not a knock on Potter. 

You usually get a honeymoon period with a new manager when everyone is trying that bit harder to impress him 

Just now, BedfordBlue said:

You usually get a honeymoon period with a new manager when everyone is trying that bit harder to impress him 

Well, we surely need one. 

Whovever gets the nod, it will split the fanbase again. Can't really think of a unity candidate.

If they keep us up, they will have done their job - and that's all I'm asking.

4 minutes ago, Formby said:

Like I said in the quoted post, we find ourselves in an awful situation. There aren't any options that particularly jump out or if they do then they're not realistic.

I just do not see it going well if we go down the Ferguson route.

If we weren't such a fucked up club I'd like to think that while the writing has been on the wall for the manager for at least a few weeks that the decision-makers have been thinking about who is next, but the reality is that they were probably planning on offering him a new contract at the end of the season up until last night :lol:.

7 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

If we weren't such a fucked up club I'd like to think that while the writing has been on the wall for the manager for at least a few weeks that the decision-makers have been thinking about who is next, but the reality is that they were probably planning on offering him a new contract at the end of the season up until last night :lol:.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

48 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Agreed similar to Shearer taking Newcastle down. That team was much better than this one. That’s why I genuinely believe we are going! 

11 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I don’t mind Ferguson for a game or two but anything more than that would be a huge mistake. 

I agree. I also think it would be a mistake for Ferguson. He did alright last time and kept his reputation intact at a tough time for the club. I am not convinced it will work as well second time around. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

We have had so many players in that time that it isnt just a case that the same squad are getting the manager sacked. Each manager has brought in a handful of their own players and it hasnt changed. 

What is happening on the pitch stems from the mess in the boardroom. The thinking up there (if you can call it that) is all over the place, Im not even sure they have ever appointed a genuine "Everton" manager. The players have been bought by every man their dog. This mess with the DoF / Benitez and Digne is symbolic of it all. 

If that is what we know from the outside, imagine what is going on behind closed doors. 

43 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I’ll be honest ….. Ferguson has been amongst the players when they have played like absolute jokes.   

because he’s a number 2 does he just keep his mouth shut?  Or does he lose his shit cos I’ve not seen evidence of that. 

I have a feeling he's been given a brief of what he can and cannot, and carries out that brief whether he likes it or not, because he does as he's been asked. 

I know he said he was worn out after last time but I think if he's ever going to make it as a manager he has to start somewhere. Considering there's no real alternative at the moment he has to be given the hotseat. 

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

Considering it was all over the media that he was gone I haven't seen anything official.  Maybe he's not going.

I reckon tomorrow. Not based on anything other than a hunch. 
Maybe the club are trying to sort the replacement before getting rid. 

Just now, StevO said:

I reckon tomorrow. Not based on anything other than a hunch. 
Maybe the club are trying to sort the replacement before getting rid. 

Hasn't it be quoted everywhere that they're negotiating a settlement? That takes more than a few hours. 

25 minutes ago, StevO said:

I’d like to see Duncan leave and go and be a manager somewhere else, learn his trade and grow into a good manager then come back. 

In an ideal world so would I. But I don't think now is the time. He needs to be given control and instill the fear of God into them.

Just now, Matt said:

In an ideal world so would I. But I don't think now is the time. He needs to be given control and instill the fear of God into them.

I don’t think that’s his style. I know he was all blood and thunder as a player, but seeing him last time with the players he came across more like an arm around the shoulder kind of boss. May be wrong, but just how he seems to me.