IGNORED

Rafael Benitez

11 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

Never said he was the sole reason; his leaving is just another example of poor club management that got us into trouble. Disagree with my opinion that he is a good player all you want. It still doesn't make your opinion a fact. 

Let’s just say if people think Digne was one of our best players- then it likely is the best explanation for us being where we are. 

19 hours ago, Sibdane said:

You can say that. I'll stick to my original stance that the club has been mismanaged and player recruitment/outgoings is part of that problem. 

It has over the last 6 years or so and not just the 6 months Rafa was here, and if Alli doesn’t step up will we be saying the same thing under Lampard, make no mistake this has turned out to be a tough place to come whether player manager or DoF. 

• 2 months later...

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rafa-benitez-everton-job-24068453

He didn't join Everton because he loved the club or bought into its history (he has nothing positive to say about Everton): No, he "took Everton" because friends suggested they needed an experienced manager, he loves the city, and Liverpool fans (clearly his real love) would understand because we aren't United. The first comment pulls no punches.

"Declared war on Brands, before he had even signed, stating his belief that a Director of Football encroached on 'his' territory. There followed, with the assistance, again, of the media, a total character assassination of Brands, driving him out. Took his grudge against James (on-going since their 'Real' days) and pushed him into a transfer that he neither wanted, nor needed. Bad-mouthed Digne, stating him to have 'attitude' problems, benching him to force him out of the squad. The mind games he played with some players, have taken months to get over, the recent resurgence of Iwobi, Holgate and Godfrey speaks volumes, before during and after Benitez tenure. He relied on the media to push for his getting the job, the only board member confident of the signing, was Moshiri."

8 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rafa-benitez-everton-job-24068453

He didn't join Everton because he loved the club or bought into its history (he has nothing positive to say about Everton): No, he "took Everton" because friends suggested they needed an experienced manager, he loves the city, and Liverpool fans (clearly his real love) would understand because we aren't United. The first comment pulls no punches.

"Declared war on Brands, before he had even signed, stating his belief that a Director of Football encroached on 'his' territory. There followed, with the assistance, again, of the media, a total character assassination of Brands, driving him out. Took his grudge against James (on-going since their 'Real' days) and pushed him into a transfer that he neither wanted, nor needed. Bad-mouthed Digne, stating him to have 'attitude' problems, benching him to force him out of the squad. The mind games he played with some players, have taken months to get over, the recent resurgence of Iwobi, Holgate and Godfrey speaks volumes, before during and after Benitez tenure. He relied on the media to push for his getting the job, the only board member confident of the signing, was Moshiri."

Sad thing is so many people bought into his rampage. 

28 minutes ago, Matt said:

Sad thing is so many people bought into his rampage. 

For the same reason that many of us were happy to hear lampard talk about lack of bollocks.

let’s not try and escape the fact that our squad is unbelievably poor on so many fronts.   It did need a disciplinarian to get at them but not an egotistical madman. 

On 01/06/2022 at 11:59, Hafnia said:

For the same reason that many of us were happy to hear lampard talk about lack of bollocks.

let’s not try and escape the fact that our squad is unbelievably poor on so many fronts.   It did need a disciplinarian to get at them but not an egotistical madman. 

Based upon what the players have said and what Lampard has said on the whole, I would say it is more about giving the players belief and positivity rather than being a disciplinarian. 

40 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Based upon what the players have said and what Lampard has said on the whole, I would say it is more about giving the players belief and positivity rather than being a disciplinarian. 

Lampard isn’t gonna say “they are where they are cos they are shit”…. He was in a very difficult situation where he needed to get the results with no opportunity to strengthen the squad.  So he needed them onside, he needed them with an injection of confidence.

let’s put it this way, lampard went from an expansive method of playing to being extremely compact and pragmatic. He doesn’t think those players are good enough.   Yeah the players probably felt better under lampard as he’s not got the personality of a dog turd, but we are no where near a level that would see us march up the table. 

A lot of our players are the reason why we ended up where we did. Carlo ancelotti couldn’t get a performance from them in his last few months - he went on to win the league and champs league. 

there is issues with the players 100%

4 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Lampard isn’t gonna say “they are where they are cos they are shit”…. He was in a very difficult situation where he needed to get the results with no opportunity to strengthen the squad.  So he needed them onside, he needed them with an injection of confidence.

let’s put it this way, lampard went from an expansive method of playing to being extremely compact and pragmatic. He doesn’t think those players are good enough.   Yeah the players probably felt better under lampard as he’s not got the personality of a dog turd, but we are no where near a level that would see us march up the table. 

A lot of our players are the reason why we ended up where we did. Carlo ancelotti couldn’t get a performance from them in his last few months - he went on to win the league and champs league. 

there is issues with the players 100%

So you agree that he wasn't a disciplinarian then?

On 02/06/2022 at 22:45, Bailey said:

So you agree that he wasn't a disciplinarian then?

No I said that the situation meant he had to get results before anything else. He needed to get the players onside, he never had the wriggle room to fall out with players, I think I made that point quite clear. 

his true thoughts on certain players will become evident in the coming weeks. 

3 hours ago, Gwlad all over said:

I think Frank is firm but fair and along with his team got the players to realise the true situation and realities of relegation.

Exactly, his powder was kept dry.  There will be players like Gomes who I don’t think will wear the shirt again. He was in crisis mode and will have learned more in those 12 weeks than he did in 12 months managing former clubs. 

On 01/06/2022 at 11:59, Hafnia said:

On 03/06/2022 at 23:22, Hafnia said:

No I said that the situation meant he had to get results before anything else. He needed to get the players onside, he never had the wriggle room to fall out with players, I think I made that point quite clear. 

his true thoughts on certain players will become evident in the coming weeks. 

The original post I quoted is above. You talked about Lampard's comments questioning the players and needing a disciplinarian. 

In your latest post, you are saying he needed to get the players onside and couldn't afford to fall out with the players (which I agree with). They appear to be two sides of the coin and I am not sure that is clear at all! 

I do agree that there will need to be big changes in this squad, especially at the centre of defence and midfield, and it will also be interesting to see how Lampard wants us to play next season because I really don't have a clue at the moment.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

The original post I quoted is above. You talked about Lampard's comments questioning the players and needing a disciplinarian. 

In your latest post, you are saying he needed to get the players onside and couldn't afford to fall out with the players (which I agree with). They appear to be two sides of the coin and I am not sure that is clear at all! 

I do agree that there will need to be big changes in this squad, especially at the centre of defence and midfield, and it will also be interesting to see how Lampard wants us to play next season because I really don't have a clue at the moment.

I think you can question players bollocks without falling out with them. He will have wanted to no doubt go further justifiably, that palace game was a disgrace and the fact we seen Gomes again after it shows how much he couldn’t afford to fall out with players. 

On 05/06/2022 at 18:04, Hafnia said:

I think you can question players bollocks without falling out with them. He will have wanted to no doubt go further justifiably, that palace game was a disgrace and the fact we seen Gomes again after it shows how much he couldn’t afford to fall out with players. 

If someone questioned my bollocks, I would probably fall out with them! 🤣

• 3 months later...
8 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Interesting his point on Gordon’s stamina. I’m still unsure on the lad in that regard, lazy/tired I dunno but he looked gassed on Sunday and I’m not sure why.   

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'd like to add 6 more 'really's to that statement.

Seen some apologists out there on twitter today talking about the players he brought in, in a positive light (which we can never know for sure who is responsible).  I don't care if the unnamable one could fly... would hope he took those red wings straight into the sun first thing.  Absolutely dreaded watching games during that time and in fact weekends as a whole.

4 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Interesting his point on Gordon’s stamina. I’m still unsure on the lad in that regard, lazy/tired I dunno but he looked gassed on Sunday and I’m not sure why.   

Probably just needs to focus a little more on his endurance work over his speed work?

Would also like to see his sprints per 90 compared to the rest of the team.  My guess would be one of the highest?  Seems to be doing a lot of sprints in both directions.  Might need to be more intentional with those until the endurance catches up?  That or be comfortable with being hooked before the 90.  Sure everyone (including Gordon) would take meaningful contributions versus 90 minutes completed any day.

12 minutes ago, plaidharper said:

Probably just needs to focus a little more on his endurance work over his speed work?

Would also like to see his sprints per 90 compared to the rest of the team.  My guess would be one of the highest?  Seems to be doing a lot of sprints in both directions.  Might need to be more intentional with those until the endurance catches up?  That or be comfortable with being hooked before the 90.  Sure everyone (including Gordon) would take meaningful contributions versus 90 minutes completed any day.

Possibly. Reminds me a lot of deulofeu in that regard.

Funny isn’t it, people used to laugh at Rooneys body shape, the lad could run fast, cover immense distances and do loads of sprints. Phenomenal natural runner that lad. 

15 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I think right now he is looked at in direct comparison to Richarlison, whose work ethic is right up there with the best. Wingers can be made to look lazier than they are as the ground they are covering is about 80% of the pitch length & often at high intensity. 

9 hours ago, Btay said:

I think right now he is looked at in direct comparison to Richarlison, whose work ethic is right up there with the best. Wingers can be made to look lazier than they are as the ground they are covering is about 80% of the pitch length & often at high intensity. 

Dunno, to me he runs like mad to do a statement trackback but often falls asleep when all he has to do is press 20 yards away. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...