IGNORED

Spurs (Home) 7th November

dunlopp9987

Just now, Wiggytop said:

Well that was one of the most exciting 0-0 I’ve seen for a long time, we came out with the intensity that’s been missing in the last 3 games and didn’t let them settle. Richarlison ran his socks off, but he’s not the right player to lead the line. The ref was appalling from start to finish, I’m really pissed off that he blew for the penalty when Ricky had the ball with an open net, where was the playing advantage in that?

overall happy to walk out with a point as I was fearing the worst on the way in.

I thought so too. Shame the media/PL didn't think so. Highlights on YouTube are a joke.

https://youtu.be/d2fHHLJSu2w

6 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Looking at those highlights, we’ve stolen a point there.

Reading this thread, it’s sounds unlucky?

Sailed close to the wind in the last 10-15 minutes when Holgate came on, but other than that we were very much the better team. So frustrated that we only took a point, but much better than the defeat I was expecting.

The media will want to paint the picture that Conte was unlucky in his first Premier League game, which wasn't the case.

13 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Sailed close to the wind in the last 10-15 minutes when Holgate came on, but other than that we were very much the better team. So frustrated that we only took a point, but much better than the defeat I was expecting.

The media will want to paint the picture that Conte was unlucky in his first Premier League game, which wasn't the case.

Really? 

We created one genuine chance on goal, plus the Richarlison moment.

They created two good chances (both full backs) and then some speculative efforts.

I have watched the clip and whilst they cut our best chance that was all that happened in the game. It was a dreadful game for attacking quality. 

Defensively it was really solid. Lots of determination and challenges on both sides. It was really competitive in midfield however that doesn't make highlight reels.

IMO neither side deserved more than a point.

Once again, we were fucking horrific on the ball and had very little movement but in every other aspect we were massively improved on recent weeks. On the whole we looked solid defensively and we actually pressed the opposition and didn't just sit off and let them have the ball. Which meant we forced them into mistakes and didn't allow them to just put the ball wherever they wanted to. We showed a lot of grit in that game and if we continue to display that sort of attitude until we get key players back then we'll be ok.

Make no mistake, though, that was two fucking god awful teams playing each other today.

Contrary to what some have written, this was not a great result (dropping two points at home against another mid-table team never is). Team spirit and effort may have improved significantly, but I thought we still struggled with ineffective tactics, and substitutions were once again bizarre (Holgate for Allan?). Delph was decent but I don't understand why so many voted for him as MotM (maybe because it was a big improvement over useless?). Allan was by far the most important player on the field.

The defence was perhaps the biggest improvement, so all credit to Michael Keane for this. Gray was a live wire at times, as was Richarlison, but game tactics meant they had few real opportunities. I'm glad Gordon got to start, and let's hope he's given a string of games to prove himself. The quality of refereeing was poor, but Holgate deserved his card. Frankly, he needs to be transferred to a championship team ASAP.

We've yet to play a top team this season, so the real test is going to be from now until the end of December. It's too soon to know whether we'll finish the season in the top or bottom half of the table: the next few weeks will determine that.