IGNORED

Hull City (A) FA Cup 3rd round Sat 8th Jan 17:30

MikeO

2 minutes ago, nyblue23 said:

We've one win in twelve in the Premier League and we just got outclassed in large portions of a match against a lower-championship side. I don't know how anyone could have watched this and been happy about the state of the club. We're in shambles.

Not sure anyone on here has ever said they're happy about the state of the club, so...nice try I guess?

Just now, nyblue23 said:

The correct emotions are relief and dismay.

Not sure how you can be dismayed that we have gone through the third round of the FA cup against a championship side away….. I’m chuffed to bits we managed to scrape through.

Doesn't mean I think Rafa is going to save us. But when your down, any lift and win is something to be happy about. 

People forget these guys are human to sometimes.

3 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Not sure how you can be dismayed that we have gone through the third round of the FA cup against a championship side away….. I’m chuffed to bits we managed to scrape through.

Doesn't mean I think Rafa is going to save us. But when your down, any lift and win is something to be happy about. 

People forget these guys are human to sometimes.

That's the relief part. The dismay is that it was even close. Part of that is down to Friend. But as much as I am not surprised by our performance, @Cornish Steve is right that it never should have been close enough to have the refereeing matter.

1 minute ago, nyblue23 said:

That's the relief part. The dismay is that it was even close. Part of that is down to Friend. But as much as I am not surprised by our performance, @Cornish Steve is right that it never should have been close enough to have the refereeing matter.

No i don’t mean that derogatory, it came across like that. I am an optimist mate. I love winning and any win for me recently is massive haha.

Your right it shouldn’t have been close, but we did play a team away that smelt blood from the start… and cut us early. This is the romance of the FA cup, Newcastle and Burnley should I’ve easily on also.

10 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

A win is a win. Kidderminster, here we come!

Missus has just messed it all up… she’s from Shrewsbury and we’re going to watch it tomorrow.

She said we’ll play Shrewsbury next round when they beat the shite! I replied “thanks, we now have Liverpool away next round”!

4 minutes ago, Shukes said:

No i don’t mean that derogatory, it came across like that. I am an optimist mate. I love winning and any win for me recently is massive haha.

Your right it shouldn’t have been close, but we did play a team away that smelt blood from the start… and cut us early. This is the romance of the FA cup, Newcastle and Burnley should I’ve easily on also.

I'm obviously happy to win. I'm not hoping to fail just to get Rafa out. It's just hard to watch performances like that and not feel that we should be so much better.

2 minutes ago, nyblue23 said:

I'm obviously happy to win. I'm not hoping to fail just to get Rafa out. It's just hard to watch performances like that and not feel that we should be so much better.

I totally get where you're coming from. I doubt there's an Everton supporter out there who is happy with the way we've been performing lately.

The big thing I keep harping on about is that I just can't stand us doing another 6-8 month manager stint and firing him and bringing in someone new, expecting them to do any better.

I do not think we will get drawn into a serious relegation scrap, and I want to see Rafa get at least 18 months to see what he can do. If we haven't seen any real, tangible progress after that, then by all means get rid. I didn't want him in the first place, but I am backing him because we have to change the way we run this club, in regards to managers.

Far from a convincing performance from us, our confidence is brittle as anything, but a win is a win and I hope it can boost that confidence going into Tuesday's game.

It really was a weird performance to be honest. Started the game shockingly bad by conceding so early, which obviously shook us. It took us a bit of time to recover from that but then we were by far the better side and crafted two beautiful goals. At that point we looked like we could go on and score a few more, but for whatever reason we didn't manage to.

Second half I thought we really struggled to get into the game but so did Hull, and it made for a pretty nothingy half of football for the most part. Hull managed to have an opportunity and put it away and then we shit our pants a bit, but we found some grit to withstand our own nerves and then from nowhere dragged ourselves to the win and the next round. 

It's a bit of a worry that we had to go through extra time with us having to play Leicester on Tuesday. I really hope DCL is fit enough to start because I do not fancy having to rely on Rondon at the best of times, never mind after lumbering around for all that time.

2 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

I totally get where you're coming from. I doubt there's an Everton supporter out there who is happy with the way we've been performing lately.

The big thing I keep harping on about is that I just can't stand us doing another 6-8 month manager stint and firing him and bringing in someone new, expecting them to do any better.

I do not think we will get drawn into a serious relegation scrap, and I want to see Rafa get at least 18 months to see what he can do. If we haven't seen any real, tangible progress after that, then by all means get rid. I didn't want him in the first place, but I am backing him because we have to change the way we run this club, in regards to managers.

We have won 1 in 12 if we win 1 in the next 12 we are in a serious relegation scrap

8 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

The only thing I disagree with is that I think it's entirely possible we get drawn into a relegation scrap at this point. I don't think we will get relegated because there are clubs with far less talent than we have at the bottom. But with the way we've been playing, something's gotta give soon for us to avoid the possibility entirely.

I do agree that we can't just have a manager carousel. The Rafa appointment was just so wrong from the start. So long as we avoid that relegation scrap, I'm willing to give him that 18-24 months so we can find the real next manager of this club and get it right for once.

3 minutes ago, BedfordBlue said:

We have won 1 in 12 if we win 1 in the next 12 we are in a serious relegation scrap

Yes...then we will be in a relegation scrap...

I said I don't think we will be in that position. I'm...I'm having a hard time trying to figure out why reading comprehension is so difficult for you

2 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Yes...then we will be in a relegation scrap...

I said I don't think we will be in that position. I'm...I'm having a hard time trying to figure out why reading comprehension is so difficult for you

I'm struggling to see where a win is coming from the way we are playing with the formation Benitez is playing 

17 minutes ago, BedfordBlue said:

I'm struggling to see where a win is coming from the way we are playing with the formation Benitez is playing 

We scored 3 probably could have had more…. Defence is our issue - I think Patterson will thrive as a wing back so it cod be effective.