IGNORED

Newcastle (Away) 8th February

dunlopp9987

8 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Three. Mykolenko became unavailable as well. No team can have that happen and expect to stick to the agreed game plan.

Basic things like don't lunge in or pass simple aren't dependent on a game plan. They're standards you shouldn't need to explain. 

Game did change massively when Grey off. Imagine how St Maximan going off would have effected Newcastle.

Second half, we definitely looked like a team who had played 4 days earlier, Newcastle looked a lot fresher and with the crowd behind them also had an the extra half yard. Sometime its a little too easy to say we where just out battled without looking at the big picture - when Goodison is rocking it is like the 12man, but that is the same for most home teams. 

We have also changing the way be play - in a week!!! This is going to be the risk of bring in a manager who is going to flip from defensive counter attacking to possession based high pressing football, its a massive fundamental change, and its really not going to work like clockwork overnight. We could have gone there and got behind the ball and waited for a counter - but we didn't we had 61% possession and tried to play.

What we need to make sure is that in our home games we get behind the team just like we did at the weekend. Winning most of our  home games is going to be key, as we adapt from counter attacking to possession based high press. As fans we have to whole heartedly get behind the team as it develops. 

Just finished watching the game again can’t find to many positive’s bar Gordon and surprisingly Coleman who once again covered more ground than those a lot younger, Alli and DVB showed that they have more ability than most of our team, now it’s down to Lampard to make sure it’s used and not wasted I don’t envy his task yesterday showed we haven’t got the players to read the game as well as these 2, Alli made runs and no one had the vision to play him in, DVB gets on the ball and control’s it well you can see he wants it,but he needs people round him who he can play off, so often he’s stood still waiting for someone to make a move. I worry we don’t have the right calibre of player to implement Lampard's plan, I hope he’s got a plan B to implement if we don’t get the right results in the next two games, I can guess what it will be pack the defence and hit on the break.  

2 hours ago, Bill said:

I see we still have forum members who still don't know we have a player called Gray, Not Grey. 😰

Yawn. Correcting grammar and peoples spelling really is a tad tedious.

I did all my schooling in first language Welsh and I also have dyslexia (which wasn't diagnosed when in school - so was sent to the remedial classes). When I was in school I constantly have the piss taken out of me for my spelling and reading (and that included the teachers). I can still recall the time when a teacher encourage a whole class to laugh at me because I kept reading the name 'Walter' as 'waiter'. This type of ridicule knocked my confidence massively when I was young. 

So snide comments and ridiculing 'errors' in the way I write simply takes me back to those day in school. 

Maybe people on here want to educate, but maybe you should educate yourselves a little first on why some peoples writing might not be you to your own exacting standards.  

Plenty of people just have difficulties in language - it doesn't mean we are fucking dumb.

A general rant, and not personal aimed at you Bill. 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Just finished watching the game again can’t find to many positive’s bar Gordon and surprisingly Coleman who once again covered more ground than those a lot younger, Alli and DVB showed that they have more ability than most of our team, now it’s down to Lampard to make sure it’s used and not wasted I don’t envy his task yesterday showed we haven’t got the players to read the game as well as these 2, Alli made runs and no one had the vision to play him in, DVB gets on the ball and control’s it well you can see he wants it,but he needs people round him who he can play off, so often he’s stood still waiting for someone to make a move. I worry we don’t have the right calibre of player to implement Lampard's plan, I hope he’s got a plan B to implement if we don’t get the right results in the next two games, I can guess what it will be pack the defence and hit on the break.  

I love Coleman for all he is to the club but right now we need a captain out there who can encourage and communicate with players, laying into them when not performing.

You couldn’t make it up !

I was pissed but thought after a sloppy start we found our feet and were starting to boss the game last night, with Gordon very much at the centre of everything good we did. Then that tackle from Shelvey effectively took him out of the game , although we scored from the resultant free kick them equalising seconds later combined with the Refs baffling decision not to send Lord Voldermot off turned the game on its head and we just couldn’t cope

1 hour ago, Gwlad all over said:

My heart sinks when I hear commentators saying "he hasn't scored since he signed 2 years ago" "his last goal was against Everton in..."  "their last away win was last season". You just know it will happen.

Me too, I don’t know if it’s being over sensitive and I hear it more when it’s said against Everton, but it does seem to happen far too often.

Extract from an article at The Athletic

"Newcastle pressed with more intensity than Brentford did and forced more mistakes. Gomes, a key performer at the weekend, saw his pass accuracy slump to just 72 per cent. Holgate, whose errant pass resulted in the corner that led to Newcastle’s equaliser, managed just 68 per cent — the lowest of any Everton outfield starter. 

......Lampard was forced to choose between Donny van de Beek and Dominic Calvert-Lewin as his last change while chasing the game. Although the former made a difference, completing more passes in his 30 minutes than Gomes, who he replaced, did in an hour (41 to 32) at a higher success rate (91 to 72), Everton were crucially left without a focal point"

I think we all saw the same thing (Gomes was shite) but at least we can take some positives from DVB.

And we had no focal point up front, Richy is not a focal point player, he’s outstanding when he can run free, but as a target man it’s not his game, doesn’t win many aerial challenges or hold the ball up that well. DCL is the only one who is able to do that, if we hadn’t already had to make two subs, DCL would have come on for at least 30 mins and we may have had a chance of getting points.