IGNORED

Newcastle (Away) 8th February

dunlopp9987

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

Wow we got away with that. Holgate commical at start but he couldnt bring him down either.

Holgate isn’t even a championship player though. I would roast him in five a side back on Hills lanes pitch.

Hoping he makes a rash challenge and gets a red to be honest. Even with our injury’s.

Just now, Bailey said:

Lets just give Lampard more than a few with the group before the Rafa comparisons start coming into play. 

For me it's not comparing Rafa to Frank, it's pointing out that I don't think it was as much Rafa's fault as many people think. 

As @Sibdanesaid, this clearly shows that the players are shit.

2 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I would say that even though Deli hasn’t had his best debut, he is on a different level to most of our team.

Van Der Beek, actually looks class. 

In the last five minutes of this game it has been those two trying to keep things moving.

And they haven't been playing regularly so maybe there's hope in the next few games.

2 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

For me it's not comparing Rafa to Frank, it's pointing out that I don't think it was as much Rafa's fault as many people think. 

As @Sibdanesaid, this clearly shows that the players are shit.

Rafa had a pre-season, and part of two windows to change things and the football was getting worse not better. 

Lampard has had a few days with the players and been able to sign two players. 

The players won at the weekend 4-1. This week they were easily beaten. Lets just give it some time and see how we are 6 months from now. 

Today went wrong. Lets see if Lampard can out that right ahead of the weekend before writing too much off.

8 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Newcastle away was always going to be a tough game, especially considering the buzz around that place at the moment. I'll be panicking if we're shite at home to Leeds in the next game. 

Of course, Lampard can't be criticised too much at the moment but the players can as they've been here for years - as a group we're just a bit shit and I'm hoping that should we stay up, Frank can build a team that actually gels and does well.

Exactley this, I was concerned that there was going to be a massive buzz around the place and this proved to be the case. 

Tripper put in class deliveries all night and St Maxiam even by his own standard put in one of his best performances of the season. He scared the life out of our players. 

Lampard rightly played down the importance of this as a single game. 

Out played out fought whether we were out managed far to early to say, I said he needs 3-4 games and then we should expect to see good progress if not we are destined for the drop. But I will be brutally honest I doubted his ability before he got the job to know how to fight a relegation battle, now I pray I’m wrong. 

Poor performance, but I think it was down to losing Gray and then Mina, any balance or shape was lost, and more importantly we lost the ability to bring on the subs we probably had planned to change the game. 
St James was always going to be a tough place to go, and it certainly was, although we had subdued it after 20-25 mins, a fluke goal for us, then for them, and another for their second. Too many free kicks given away, which finally put the game to bed, can’t understand the gap in the wall.

I’ll give Frank time to get them better organised, we need to win on Saturday to ease the nerves.