Jump to content
IGNORED

Chelsea (Away) 18th March


Romey 1878

Recommended Posts

On 20/03/2023 at 13:29, Palfy said:

That was born out by nearly all pundits on player scores, Iwobi wasn't the motm as you rightly say but was no where near the worst player on the day, unfortunately Iwobi is turning into the new hate figure, so much so he was even got the blame for their 2nd goal because he gave the ball away in the Chelsea half, that has to be the biggest I don't know fuck all I've ever heard. The passes and opportunities to effect them passes before the ball got into the area not even mentioned, the 2 poorly executed tackles in the penalty area that conceded the penalty not even mentioned, but Iwobi gives up possession in Chelsea's half and the goal becomes his fault 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 The miss timed tackles in the area are the reason for the goal it's not so hard to work that out it's simple really. 

That’s just not true at all Palfy. 
My comments on him were actually during the match, nothing to do with pundits at all…. I was watching the match.

The second goal was 100% started by his pass. If he kept possession there then they wouldn’t have been on the attack. It wasn’t even an attempted difficult pass, it was on the half way line and a simple sideways pass. They didn’t even need to intercept it, they just stood and received it from him. It put them instantly on the attack with our players out of position. 
 

Yes we had chances to defend it, but the situation wouldn't have arisen if it wasn’t for his pass. You manage your own company, you know full well about root cause analysis. And I’m pretty sure that video will be shown by Dyche to the players with him pointing it out as a mistake. 
This is why the world needs managers, as managers have the ability to look at the root cause of a problem. 
 

To wash over it as insignificant compared to other “players” mistakes is foolish as it lead directly to an opposition attack. 
The “I don't know fuck all” comment would be disrespectful to all coaches and managers, as I know first hand that they analyse these type of mistakes and use it to help players grow and learn. And I’m 100% sure that Iwobi will also analyse it himself and use it as a tool to grow and improve his own game.

Football is a very subjective matter and while some may feel he had a terrible game, others may think he was average and others were worse.

I do it myself regularly when I favour players, it’s natural. I want DCL to succeed so much that I sometimes gloss over his mistakes and weaknesses. 
 

But Iwobi is on a terrible run of form, and that game highlighted his bad run. No one needed pundits to tell them how someone played, we just simply watch and make an observation.

Now get back in your hole in the Gana thread please.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Shukes said:

That’s just not true at all Palfy. 
My comments on him were actually during the match, nothing to do with pundits at all…. I was watching the match.

The second goal was 100% started by his pass. If he kept possession there then they wouldn’t have been on the attack. It wasn’t even an attempted difficult pass, it was on the half way line and a simple sideways pass. They didn’t even need to intercept it, they just stood and received it from him. It put them instantly on the attack with our players out of position. 
 

Yes we had chances to defend it, but the situation wouldn't have arisen if it wasn’t for his pass. You manage your own company, you know full well about root cause analysis. And I’m pretty sure that video will be shown by Dyche to the players with him pointing it out as a mistake. 
This is why the world needs managers, as managers have the ability to look at the root cause of a problem. 
 

To wash over it as insignificant compared to other “players” mistakes is foolish as it lead directly to an opposition attack. 
The “I don't know fuck all” comment would be disrespectful to all coaches and managers, as I know first hand that they analyse these type of mistakes and use it to help players grow and learn. And I’m 100% sure that Iwobi will also analyse it himself and use it as a tool to grow and improve his own game.

Football is a very subjective matter and while some may feel he had a terrible game, others may think he was average and others were worse.

I do it myself regularly when I favour players, it’s natural. I want DCL to succeed so much that I sometimes gloss over his mistakes and weaknesses. 
 

But Iwobi is on a terrible run of form, and that game highlighted his bad run. No one needed pundits to tell them how someone played, we just simply watch and make an observation.

Now get back in your hole in the Gana thread please.

I may have not been clear in the fact that no pundits mentioned his part in the first goal never mind blaming him for the goal, if a player loses the ball in the opposition half the 7-8 players behind him should have the ability to deal with it otherwise there would be seventy to 80 goals a game if goals were expected to be conceded because possession was lost in midfield, that goal was 100% conceded because of poor defending in the penalty area, nothing to do with Iwobi anyone who blames Iwobi for that goal and not the poor defending is frankly delusional, again I looked at six pundit's player's scores and Iwobi wasn't the lowest scorer in the team he was average or above compared with others in the team. Under Dyche he's been asked to play a different role as most have, he works hard in trying to get forward and be direct with the ball, but has to make sure he can get back and do his defensive duties, which he does really well backing Coleman up who relies on his help. 
lf you want to discuss Gana maté let's do it shouldn't take long, he's not done much to discuss lately😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I may have not been clear in the fact that no pundits mentioned his part in the first goal never mind blaming him for the goal, if a player loses the ball in the opposition half the 7-8 players behind him should have the ability to deal with it otherwise there would be seventy to 80 goals a game if goals were expected to be conceded because possession was lost in midfield, that goal was 100% conceded because of poor defending in the penalty area, nothing to do with Iwobi anyone who blames Iwobi for that goal and not the poor defending is frankly delusional, again I looked at six pundit's player's scores and Iwobi wasn't the lowest scorer in the team he was average or above compared with others in the team. Under Dyche he's been asked to play a different role as most have, he works hard in trying to get forward and be direct with the ball, but has to make sure he can get back and do his defensive duties, which he does really well backing Coleman up who relies on his help. 
lf you want to discuss Gana maté let's do it shouldn't take long, he's not done much to discuss lately😂

I question your knowledge on football if you don’t think a player turning the ball over to the opposition that instantly puts them on the attack isn’t at fault. 
No point in discussing any further.

Glad you’re admitting that Gana hasn’t been at fault for anything lately though. Didn’t think you could get over your prejudice with him. Good to see you’re growing mate! It’s only took me about five years!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I question your knowledge on football if you don’t think a player turning the ball over to the opposition that instantly puts them on the attack isn’t at fault. 
No point in discussing any further.

Glad you’re admitting that Gana hasn’t been at fault for anything lately though. Didn’t think you could get over your prejudice with him. Good to see you’re growing mate! It’s only took me about five years!

How tall did you get in your five years of growing, unfortunately I'm at the age where I'm shrinking so there be no growing for me going forward. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Palfy said:

How tall did you get in your five years of growing, unfortunately I'm at the age where I'm shrinking so there be no growing for me going forward. 

Tall is subjective! Or that’s what I tell Anna.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...