IGNORED

Chelsea (Away) 18th March

Romey 1878

• Chelsea are unbeaten in their past 27 Premier League home games against Everton (W15 D12) since a 1-0 loss in November 1994. Against no side have they ever had a longer unbeaten run at Stamford Bridge in their top-flight history.

• 40% of Sean Dyche's Premier League victories (30/75) have been by a 1-0 scoreline, including all three of his wins as Everton manager. Of the 52 managers with at least 50 wins in the competition, only Tony Pulis (42%) has won a higher share by that exact score (41/98).

• Kai Havertz is looking to score in three consecutive appearances for Chelsea in all competitions for the second time, previously doing so in March 2022. The German is the Blues' top scorer in all competitions this term (eight).

Chelsea are still a decent team, they just haven't found their feet properly under Potter. That in itself isn't surprising given how many players they signed and not in the key positions they needed. 

I think they have the potential to improve a lot in a short space of time if they give Potter time and sign the players they actually need. 

I haven't seen loads of them but Felix has looked a bit of a problem to me. He doesn't press with the team, he looks a bit positionless and whilst undoubtably talented, it means Chelsea are playing with one hand behind their back. I don't think they need to play with a striker but Havertz doesn't have that instinct either. Koulibaly looks past his best, Silva is injured, Cucurella is playing as a 3rd CB, Loftus-Cheek played as a wing back last week. As good as they may be, there is only so much ground Kovacic and Fernandez can cover. Kepa is still a dodgy keeper too. 

I do think they will get there and they are well coached but at this moment in time they are just a bit soft and its a shame we dont have Dom upfront making a nuisance of himself.