IGNORED

Chelsea (Away) 18th March

Romey 1878

A really big point, a gutsy display all about hard work instead of good football, until Simms comes on and adds some football ability to get the best goal of the game. I'll be very honest if Dyche keeps us up, I hope we don't repeat this style of football next season all bluster on no real footballing ability. 

8 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Missed header, happens. See dcl do that all the time. The lad is a top finisher, loads of the players admit it themselves. Watch a video of finishing drills. 

He had no one between him the ball and the goal, that was as free a header you could wish for got high enough just didn't attack it, top finishers attack the ball in those situations, scoring for fun in training is completely different to match time. 

7 minutes ago, RPG said:

I think the question that now has to be asked is this: Has Simms done enough to get a start against Spurs? Even if DCL is fit he won't be matchfit so there may be an argument for starting Simms and giving DCL the last 20 minutes if he is fit. And if we do that, who do we drop?

Iwobi or Gana.

7 minutes ago, Palfy said:

He had no one between him the ball and the goal, that was as free a header you could wish for got high enough just didn't attack it, top finishers attack the ball in those situations, scoring for fun in training is completely different to match time. 

So a good finisher never misses a header? 

7 minutes ago, RPG said:

I think the question that now has to be asked is this: Has Simms done enough to get a start against Spurs? Even if DCL is fit he won't be matchfit so there may be an argument for starting Simms and giving DCL the last 20 minutes if he is fit. And if we do that, who do we drop?

I would think Dyche will most likely start with the same team. But he has undoubtedly deserved more of a chance now. 
It gives us the opportunity to bring DCL back on slowly.

10 minutes ago, Palfy said:

https://tbrfootball.com/andros-townsend-makes-surprising-claim-about-everton-defender/?amp

as if the goal he scored vs Crystal Palace wasn’t top quality finishing. 

anyhow. He’s playing as a defender. You get back on with skating Gana!

2 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

https://tbrfootball.com/andros-townsend-makes-surprising-claim-about-everton-defender/?amp

as if the goal he scored vs Crystal Palace wasn’t top quality finishing. 

anyhow. He’s playing as a defender. You get back on with skating Gana!

We are talking one goal in hundreds of games, no where near as good as Jags finish against the shite but that doesn't make him a top goal scorer, same as Keanes doesn't make him a top finisher.