IGNORED

Spurs (Home) Mon Apr 3

dunlopp9987

I just hope it doesn't allow their players to release the shackles so to speak.

Under Conte they were so restricted. They have so much quality in attack that they hamstrung week in, week out.

Potentially, they will actually be allowed to go out there and have a go and with the talent they have that could make them a very dangerous team to play for us.

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

It's not a new manager though.

It isn’t but I think the players will want to set the record straight with the fans and try and prove that Conte was the problem and not them. I would rather Conte was still in charge, but with him there or not Dyche and the team’s job doesn’t change which is to get something out of the game, which they are more than capable of doing under lights at Goodison with the fans behind them. 

5 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

People are getting far too caught up in what the other side will be doing, what they won't be doing, what they'll be feeling, what they'll be thinking.

Fuck them.

Sorry mate I added to my post because I feel the same way, no matter who’s there or not for Spurs it’s in our hands. 

42 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

People are getting far too caught up in what the other side will be doing, what they won't be doing, what they'll be feeling, what they'll be thinking.

Fuck them.

If we had more of this fuck'em mentality the last few years, we wouldn't be in the mess we're in (well, not as much of a mess). 

Not a fan of Ferguson, but his 'Lads, it's Tottenham' team talk is all we need to remember.

So long as Stellini doesn't say 'Lads, it's Everton' in their dressing room, we should be fine. 😬 

For me it’s not a change in regime, the players hopefully have a bit of down time till their new perm manager is in place. Either way, with goodison being a bear pit and spurs players hopefully at odds with each other over a crazy draw to Southampton will hopefully see us get points. 

13 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Hopefully he's still injured so that can wait for another day and the atmosphere we need to create for us doesn't get diluted.

I think we could still give him a clap and then turn Goodison into an absolute gladiators pit! 
I got the itch now and can’t wait mate.

11 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I think we could still give him a clap and then turn Goodison into an absolute gladiators pit! 
I got the itch now and can’t wait mate.

Nah, Goodison needs to be angry and intimidating. I don't want to lose any of that to make anyone feel welcome.

Save it for another game. Hopefully a day time match, Saturday at 3 PM.

• Everton have won just one of their past 20 Premier League games against Tottenham, 1-0 away from home in September 2020.

• Spurs have kept more Premier League clean sheets against Everton than any other opponent (24), including the past three meetings.

• The Toffees have won three of their four league games at Goodison Park under Sean Dyche, more than in their first 10 of the season under Frank Lampard. Those three victories under Dyche have all been 1-0 - as have seven of the past nine of Everton's home league wins.

• Tottenham have scored a league-high 14 headed goals this season, last netting more in 1999-00 (16). Nine of these have been scored by Harry Kane, with no player ever scoring 10 headers in a season in the competition.

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:
  • Everton have won just one of their past 20 Premier League games against Tottenham, 1-0 away from home in September 2020.

• Spurs have kept more Premier League clean sheets against Everton than any other opponent (24), including the past three meetings.

• The Toffees have won three of their four league games at Goodison Park under Sean Dyche, more than in their first 10 of the season under Frank Lampard. Those three victories under Dyche have all been 1-0 - as have seven of the past nine of Everton's home league wins.

• Tottenham have scored a league-high 14 headed goals this season, last netting more in 1999-00 (16). Nine of these have been scored by Harry Kane, with no player ever scoring 10 headers in a season in the competition.

Wonder how close Dunc or Cahill got to 10 headed goals in a season.