IGNORED

Spurs (Home) Mon Apr 3

dunlopp9987

What a fucking strike that was! 

Such a weird game. Our two best players at the time let us down, albeit at least Keane made up for it with that strike.

I thought we were really good. Gray got on my tits for almost always choosing the wrong option but everyone else contributed to a great team performance that deserved more. 

It is a shame we will miss Doucoure as he was doing so well but Garner came in and looked lively so between him and Davies I am sure we can cover the whole he leaves. 

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

What a fucking strike that was! 

Such a weird game. Our two best players at the time let us down, albeit at least Keane made up for it with that strike.

I thought we were really good. Gray got on my tits for almost always choosing the wrong option but everyone else contributed to a great team performance that deserved more. 

It is a shame we will miss Doucoure as he was doing so well but Garner came in and looked lively so between him and Davies I am sure we can cover the whole he leaves. 

Perhaps some Folks get what they want and iwobi moves inside. 

What a goal from Keane. He was playing so well before the pen & I was guttered he gave it away as I feared he may go in to his shell but he has scored an absolute rocket!! Over the moon for him because he has been playing very well.

Doucs out for 3 won’t hurt us as much as people fear. Garner is so much better on the ball. We have the defensive resilience back & now it’s time to get more progressive going forward.

Great effort for result. Proud of this team right now.

Not going to go too much into this game because I'm still coming down from the ceiling.

Spurs had a few decent chances but overall I thought we were the better team, even when we went down to 10 men. It kicked us in the bollocks for a few minutes afterwards but we came back really well and I even said to the fella next to me that it was like Spurs were the side that were down to 10 (obviously before they actually were).

We should have won but that's 4 games unbeaten now. Consistency.

Harry Kane is a cunt.

Would like to see Iwobi take over from doucs, grey down the right and sims in the middle to ruffle a few feathers.

Don't think we should start with Garner, against his old club, and only just back from injury, also we will get a lot more

out of Iwobi in field, could be a blessing in disguise.

7 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Spurs had a few decent chances but overall I thought we were the better team, even when we went down to 10 men.

I wouldn’t go as far as that, but I do think we were the more dangerous team in attack, with the ever present issue of not being able to take our chances when we made them, Gana and Doucs’s efforts in particular. It was a very open game, I dont remember Pickford having to make any spectacular saves. Kane gets away with so much, but Doucs was just plain stupid, and lashed out, maybe he was hangry?

im really happy with how resilient we now are, all the flakiness we showed under Frank had gone, and we’re producing a little bit of exciting football. As long as we keep players fit and they do t run out out steam, I’m growing more confident in staying up, and securing it ahead of the final day.

Another memorable night under the lights at Goodison.

It was a game when 3 point where a very realistic target, so maybe a couple of points dropped. 

However, getting a late (and spectacular) equalizer is considerable better than conceding a equalizer. Same point gained but psychological so different - for the players and fans. 

A missed opportunity, but positive momentum carries over to the next games. Unbeaten in four.

I'm not really sure what to make of the 2nd half. It was full on crazy.

after the red card and up to the pen. Spurs bossed the game (as you would expect). Then they inexplicably "allowed" us to dominate with 10 men. The risks they took pissing about at the back were mind boggling. They are not a good team. The CB who came on Sanchez is extremely poor (Romero not much better) 

credit to Our boys for seeing that and pressing intensely and causing mistakes, which in turn gets the crowd going. That then feeds the players to do more of the same.

we had so many chances when down to 10 it was a real credit to the team. 

Finally catching up on this thread.  Had to work yesterday and missed most of the match.  Put the game on my phone as I was driving home and caught Keane's thunderbolt.  Almost wrecked, haha.  

Looking forward to games again.  Big thanks to the coaching staff and players for that.

One thing that surprised me was that we actually controlled that match other than a crazy ten minutes. 
They had more possession, but only in their own penalty area. Once the ball hit midfield we closed them off and controlled the game.

I thought we hit them fast, but don’t have anyone that can finish. 
If Gana’s chance fell to Gray for example, or if Doucs header fell to anyone other than him.

But we created chances, and got behind them plenty of times. We are moving forward.