IGNORED

Burnley (Away) 16th December

Romey 1878

• Burnley have won five of their eight Premier League home games against Everton, more victories than they have managed against any opponent at Turf Moor in the competition.

• Everton’s Abdoulaye Doucoure has applied 664 pressures on opposing players in the Premier League this season, over 100 more than any other player. The Mali midfielder has scored 11 goals since Sean Dyche joined the Toffees earlier this year, accounting for 34% of his total in the Premier League.

• This will be Everton manager Dyche’s first return to Turf Moor since leaving Burnley in April 2022. His only previous away game against the Clarets was a 2-2 draw with Watford in the Championship in August 2011 – his inaugural game as a manager.

• Everton lost 3-2 at Burnley in their past Premier League meeting in April 2022. Only once have they lost consecutive games against the Clarets in the competition, doing so in the 2017-18 campaign.

This game has the making of a bit of a banana skin, off the back of two good home wins, but a few suspensions and injuries coming at the same time and all being defensive type players.

I would be playing on the fact Burnley are one of the shithouse clubs that complained to the PL about Evertons financial affairs that has led to us losing 10 points and now want to put the boot in and try and shake us down for compensation. These are one of the teams I really really want us to beat this season (along with Notts Forest). These fuckers could have casued this club no end of hardship. 

3 hours ago, RuffRob said:

This game has the making of a bit of a banana skin, off the back of two good home wins, but a few suspensions and injuries coming at the same time and all being defensive type players.

I would be playing on the fact Burnley are one of the shithouse clubs that complained to the PL about Evertons financial affairs that has led to us losing 10 points and now want to put the boot in and try and shake us down for compensation. These are one of the teams I really really want us to beat this season (along with Notts Forest). These fuckers could have casued this club no end of hardship. 

To be fair, that's been brought on us by our own ineptitude and some guys opinion in an dodgy panel. The compensation claims are ridiculous but understandable from their respective business perspectives.

4 hours ago, Matt said:

To be fair, that's been brought on us by our own ineptitude and some guys opinion in an dodgy panel. The compensation claims are ridiculous but understandable from their respective business perspectives.

If those four clubs had not make a song and dance about it, I don't think the Premier league would have bothered getting a independent commission to scrutinies us.

so if we can take a maximum 12 point off forest and Burnley this season I would find that particularly satisfying. 

7 hours ago, RuffRob said:

If those four clubs had not make a song and dance about it, I don't think the Premier league would have bothered getting a independent commission to scrutinies us.

so if we can take a maximum 12 point off forest and Burnley this season I would find that particularly satisfying. 

Well those 4 clubs would only have found out from the league anyway, as we have to submit our books to them and the league would've made the first noise. 

Still, 12 points would be nice. 

10 hours ago, Boston Toffee said:

While I'd be ok with a draw due to  our thin squad, 3 points would really be amazing. Pull us further out of trouble. Win it for Dyche!

Potential to climb 2 places up the table with a win if results go our way. We should have enough depth to make 2 changes and get a result here. Branthwaite is a huge loss though due the quality of replacements, something that needs to be addressed in the summer window.

On 15/12/2023 at 06:49, Matt said:

Well those 4 clubs would only have found out from the league anyway, as we have to submit our books to them and the league would've made the first noise. 

Still, 12 points would be nice. 

I will not lose a minutes sleep if Burnley and forest go down or if Leeds and Leiceter fail to get promoted this season.