IGNORED

Burnley (Away) 16th December

Romey 1878

1 minute ago, Boston Toffee said:

That was a fun watch. Went to Everton supporters bar in Boston to watch. Thoroughly enjoyed. Kudos to Keane (big goal and strong overall) and Godfrey (saved a goal, also strong). Never thought we would be playing this well.. makes for a great weekend.

I’d like to see Boston.  I have strong Irish roots and would love to see the place…, I don’t drink anymore so won’t get the full Irish bar feel 

Great result & given that we had 3 changes to our backline (understandably a bit shaky at times) we performed well.

Thought Keane was excellent along with Godfrey who's effort in the first half is as good as scoring a goal. Onana was solid in the middle, he has everything in his game already for such a young age.

Dyche though, set it up perfectly for the players he had. The misconception around him technically would have had everyone thinking flat back 4 with godfrey as a LB but he tweaked it and made the system suit the players coming in.

3 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I’d like to see Boston.  I have strong Irish roots and would love to see the place…, I don’t drink anymore so won’t get the full Irish bar feel 

Boston was the first place I lived in the US, and I still remember vividly landing at Logan airport. The smell of mulch remains nostalgic.

The players have complete belief that we can get something from every game. Awesome to see and everyone associated with the club deserves credit for getting us to this point.

reminds of the year we got 4th, I remember going into games thinking we won't lose. Score first and it's game over. 

1 hour ago, Goodison Glory said:

The players have complete belief that we can get something from every game. Awesome to see and everyone associated with the club deserves credit for getting us to this point.

reminds of the year we got 4th, I remember going into games thinking we won't lose. Score first and it's game over. 

The remaining games this month will be a real test. 

7 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

You mean that season where we'd barely survived the season before? It'd crossed my mind :)

• Only Tottenham (18) have won more Premier League points away from home than Everton this season (16). The Toffees’ 16 points is already more than they won on the road in the whole of last season (15).

• Excluding penalties, Everton have scored more goals from set piece situations than any other side in the Premier League this season (10), with both of their goals today coming from a corner and a free-kick.

• Burnley have lost eight of their nine Premier League home games this season (W1) – it’s already as many defeats as they suffered at Turf Moor in their last top-flight campaign in 2021-22 (W5 D6 L8).

• Everton keeper Jordan Pickford has kept more clean sheets than any other goalkeeper in the Premier League this season (6), with only Newcastle (7) keeping more than the Toffees overall (6).

• All eight of Everton’s Premier League wins this season have been while having less than 50% possession – more than any other team this season.

Feels awesome waking up Sunday morning knowing yesterday was 3 more points in the bank. I'm trying to change my thinking. I've been so accustomed last few seasons to negativity with Everton.  Even up 2 late in 2nd half my warped Everton mind thought we may very well blow this lead. But they didn't. That's pre-Dyche Everton.  What a joy to watch lately.

Comments from Garth Crooks on the BBC site:

"Everton go from strength to strength and look like a very dangerous team whoever they play. I don't think I've seen an Everton team look so dangerous on set-pieces. James Tarkowski, Michael Keane, AmadouOnana and Abdoulaye Doucoure, all six foot-plus, attacking the six-yard box like their lives depended on it. The superb header scored by Onana was typical of the barrage of artillery the Burnley defence was under when it came to set-plays."