IGNORED

Luton (FA Cup) 27th January

Romey 1878

pure shite, the passing, crosses and free kicks were atrocious, they should be dragged in tomorrow till they learn to pick a  pass, so pissed off when they are as flat as that, after all the time they had to prepare for this game,😡

That's Luton FFS beat us twice at home, expect Dyche to kick some arses after that.

2 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Exactly what we need, another game added to the fixture list 

2 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Honestly don't give a shit, one less fixture to compete with our league fixtures which is the most important

Amazing how Everton obliged and granted your wish so soon! 👍

Unfortunately, we won't be winning many of the remaining league fixtures with performances as abject as that.

File me under 'a trifle concerned'. 

2 hours ago, Matt Tiger said:

Incredibly poor performance. I thought we were unlucky against Luton in the first loss, but this one was deserved.

I see where you were coming from but I think it’s a bit of a stretch to say they deserved to win

For me it was two shite teams, thought they were even more shite than we were, playing out a shite game refereed by a shite ref yet VAR was even more shite than the lot 

Where to begin with that shit show? Scrap that, I know exactly where to begin.

Going 442. As soon as the team was announced my stomach dropped and then the performance after that was entirely  predictable. With any luck, that fucking shite performance will make our fans stop calling for it to be played. Then again, some dip shits still shout for us to go 3 at the back so I won't hold my fucking breath. One of those strikers knew what he was doing and the other was Beto. Dom was winning headers and instead of getting to where the flick on was likely to go Beto was standing in the same bastard area. Then when the aerial ball there for him to win instead you'd find him standing still watching the ball instead of jumping for it. Dom held the ball up and brought others into the game, Beto was doing stupid flicks with his clown feet and giving up possession. When it was Beto that Dom brought into the game and set him up the fuck couldn't even hit the target. Then blasted one over the bar in the second half too because he has no technique whatsoever. To still be playing 442 when the final whistle went and for Beto to still be one of those two strikers blew my fucking mind. What the fuck?!

Our passing... fuck me, it was diabolical. I'm not even talking hard passes either, these were simple ones being misplaced all over the shop. Controlling the football? Fucking forget about that nonsense as well.

For anyone that complains about Pickford's distribution just take a look at Virginia's today. Woeful. He was twatting the ball to where there was no player a lot of the time. Failing that straight to Luton's keeper. It got to the point where I wanted him to just roll it out to a defender but once the defence got the ball there was next to no movement in front of them and we went nowhere. We are awful at football.

We had two wingers today that just do not beat their man. Ever. And deliveries from wide areas? SHITE. McNeil was utterly anonymous in every sense today. I definitely knew Harrison was on the pitch though. Mainly because I wanted to throttle him. That lack of controlling the football I mentioned earlier? This lad is a big contributor to that. When he wasn't doing that he was just losing the football because he can't beat a man anyway. A case in point is what lead to their first goal. Lost possession on the touchline and then instead of chasing back to make up for being shit he just trotted and then they got the corner. While we were waiting for that corner to be taken Branthwaite was tearing strips off him and Harrison wasn't accepting any responsibility for it at all. Tarks actually had to separate them.

When your midfield two are Onana and Garner and your wide men are a hindrance rather a help you're going to create very little.

It's a good job it was Luton because even a half decent side would have destroyed us today. And Luton still won because even though they're shite we were even shitter.

Let's look at it realistically. We've spent fuck all on transfers in the past three years - net transfer spend of -75m. There's only one other team with negative transfer spending, and that's Brighton. While we do have some good players and occasionally get lucky patches, the reality is that we aren't very good as a team, and our players aren't consistently performing well. Dyche does a good job of getting the best out of them, but sometimes he fails, or rather the players fail him. Anyway, we are where we are with our current squad in bad form. It is clear as day that we need a significant investment if we are to become competitive.

9 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Not had the benefit of seeing it on the box yet but I wasn’t remotely arsed when it went in as I was 110% certain VAR would rule it out 

Our players seemed certain too. Virginia even put the ball down to take the free-kick.

8 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Is....is away to Fulham a crucial leaue match?

Absolutely crucial. Fulham is just the type of team we need to beat, so let's hope we won't tire at the end because of first team players playing twice in quick succession.

I was really hoping that Sheffield United would hold on for a 2-2 tie and then win in the replay. They don't have the squad depth to focus on both the league and the cup. The same is true of Luton, though, so today's loss does have a silver lining.

4 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Absolutely crucial. Fulham is just the type of team we need to beat, so let's hope we won't tire at the end because of first team players playing twice in quick succession.

I was really hoping that Sheffield United would hold on for a 2-2 tie and then win in the replay. They don't have the squad depth to focus on both the league and the cup. The same is true of Luton, though, so today's loss does have a silver lining.

Do you even like football?

50 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Do you even like football?

Yes, especially Premier League football. Focus, focus, focus on survival.

No-one likes to lose, but we don't have the luxury of a squad good enough or deep enough right now for extended cup runs. That's the reality of our situation. The day will come again, for sure, but all that matters right now is surviving another season in the Prem.