IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

That's brilliant, and anyone that is horrible to him is a cunt.

Agree with that; but should they really be putting him on TV? I'm sure they'd justify it by saying it "raises awareness" but having a media whore as a mum makes me just a bit sceptical of the motive. Has she got a book/TV show in the offing?

Agree with that; but should they really be putting him on TV? I'm sure they'd justify it by saying it "raises awareness" but having a media whore as a mum makes me just a bit sceptical of the motive. Has she got a book/TV show in the offing?

I've got no idea as to why they were on there. I'd want to shoot myself if I did know :lol:.

Anyone been to see the new X-Men movie yet? I thought it was alright but there wasn't enough action for me. It's an X-Men movie so you expect lots of action scenes where you see all their powers.

Nope. Haven't been that gripped by it. Not sure why. Loved First Class, thought it was incredibly strong. Days of Futures Past was OK. This just looked a little....'silly' (as a comic film is quite a damning opinion).

I am however looking forward for a childhood favourite "read" of mine, to start it's TV adapted debut on Sunday, Preacher. I LOVED the Preacher novels, thought they were incredible. Written by one of my favourite authors Garth Ennis and it will be adapted and produced by Seth Rogan and Evan Goldberg respectively.

I am not a reader, just can't do it. My mind is stimulated by imagery and that's why I liked Graphic Novels like Preacher, The Boys (amazing spin on 'supes', includes a character written/design to be Simon Pegg), Hellblazer (John Constantine), Watchmen, Walking Dead (Pre-TVSeries), V for Vendetta....just to name a few.

Preacher (as an 11) was an eye opener, literally. Mature content that I could rent from the local library. Safe to say I smashed through their stock of GN's over a couple of months, reading everything.

....following on from GOT thread.

Has anyone seen the Preacher pilot yet?

Oh My God. It's like Fargo and Supernatural had a baby. Excellent stuff. It'll only get better, i'm sure of it.

Worth a watch for people who are looking for something a little different.

....following on from GOT thread.

Has anyone seen the Preacher pilot yet?

Oh My God. It's like Fargo and Supernatural had a baby. Excellent stuff. It'll only get better, i'm sure of it.

Worth a watch for people who are looking for something a little different.

I would watch it but don't know where it's shown, Lowensda. :P

Watched the first of the new Top Gear last night. Not a huge fan of the previous incarnation anyway, though I'd watch if I had nothing better to do.

Evans & LeBlanc far too "excited" for me, not a good start.

Quite enjoyed the evolution of the "star in reasonably priced car" bit; interesting change of track, but that was about it.

LeBlanc was to obvious in following the script for me it was almost robotic. I am not over impressed I am afraid.

Spot on (it's rare I can say that to a Rubes post :lol:).

The three guys previously were (and still will be when their new prog starts) following a script but made it far less obvious. You'd think an actor would be better able to convince you he's not acting; kind of goes with the job description. He failed.

I saw Warcraft and absolutely loved it. I've never even played the games and yet I found myself grinning while watching.

I've seen a few people say pretty much the same thing I'll watch it when a decent copy is out

Age of Apocalypse was decent some very good moments in it some drab aswel but considering he's one of my favourite villains I'm abit biased towards it also really enjoyed Civil War more than I thought I would not a patch on GOTG or the first Avenger's IMO but still a good film

Stopped watching arrow mid season 4, Flash mid season 2 and legends of tomorrow after episode 2.

Just started getting repetitive and dull. There's little explanation as to why things happen or how they came to some conclusions / actions. Writers have stopped writing and let the CGI/action over take the story. Disappointed.

Stopped watching arrow mid season 4, Flash mid season 2 and legends of tomorrow after episode 2.

Just started getting repetitive and dull. There's little explanation as to why things happen or how they came to some conclusions / actions. Writers have stopped writing and let the CGI/action over take the story. Disappointed.

I've stuck with Flash, speed force episode was a massive ass pull and too rushed to give an explanation for Barry Allan getting a power up. This season seems very lazy and trying too hard to fit everything in. Think I'll stick with it for another season. Loved Smallville back in the day but had to give up on that eventually, surprised how quick Flash had declined.

Anybody watch the finale of Peaky Blinders season 3 last night?

Unbelievable. One of the best finale's I have EVER seen. Honestly, it's fantastic.

If you need something to watch and have kept an eye on it, just owe it to yourself and do it.

Only 6 episodes per season, so nice and short (comparatively) but fantastic viewing.

• 2 weeks later...

Flicking through some of Glastonbury just now, totally unimpressed by Two Door Cinema Club other than the fact that one of the guys plays Hendrix style; ie southpaw playing right handed guitar upside-down; hard enough to play it the right way up (have you ever seen someone blowing a trumpet from the wrong end :P?).

Incidentally, for me, Glasto has become far too big and is a million miles from what it was/should be. Not a fan.