IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

Haven't seen it yet but you have reminded me, ta!

Watch it tonight and feedback.

@Aaron did you watch it?

Not yet, I keep forgetting, seen 5 minutes of the second episode and it looked decent enough tbh, i'll prob watch episode 3 on sunday as that 5 minutes impressed me enough.

Iron Fist.

Didn't know much of this superhero, first impressions is he's basically Green Arrow but uses kung-fu rather than a bow. Episode 2 is very poor, but it's picked up in the fourth. Could be a surprise, but the lead isn't very likeable more so when trying to act naively. The girls are the stand outs so far.

• 2 weeks later...

Not yet, I keep forgetting, seen 5 minutes of the second episode and it looked decent enough tbh, i'll prob watch episode 3 on sunday as that 5 minutes impressed me enough.

Pull your finger out Aaron :P.

It's getting better all the time imo (and others).

http://www.standard.co.uk/stayingin/tvfilm/top-gear-fans-praise-best-episode-in-years-on-twitter-a3499706.html

I watched the new Ghostbusters last night....

My views are possibly controversial, so brace yourselves....

I enjoyed it. A lot more than I expected to. It was a very good film. If only they didn't just dismiss the originals out of hand, it would have been perfect.

Talking of controversial... I really enjoyed the reboot of Power Rangers. Went into it with my expectations fairly low and only really watched it for nostalgia but it was great. I liked Rita's new backstory.

Watched Kong: Skull Island the other day, very good film, sets its self up perfectly in the MonsterVerse (they are making a shared universe of monster films), my advice to anyone who likes their Monster movies is to watch after the credits, a nice hint to the future films to come.

They have already confirmed Godzilla (from the 2014 reboot) is to go one on one with Kong in a 2020 movie.

They have already confirmed Godzilla (from the 2014 reboot) is to go one on one with Kong in a 2020 movie.

Probably why they super sized Kong in this one.

He (Godzilla) was fooking massive.

Edit: Mark - I've been keeping my eye on it for some time. The first trailer got me excited. Would love to see it though!

Edited by Lowensda

Probably why they super sized Kong in this one.

He (Godzilla) was fooking massive.

Edit: Mark - I've been keeping my eye on it for some time. The first trailer got me excited. Would love to see it though!

Go and see it, J, it's a fun movie. Being an origin story it takes a while for full on action, but it's still enjoyable :).

Going to see Logan tomorrow.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did :).

Just got home. Yeah, was good that.

One question. After Logan has his Basil Fawlty moment how does Laura get that truck across the river? Josh said there must've been a bridge close by but I'm not letting them off that easily :P.

I watched the new Ghostbusters last night....

My views are possibly controversial, so brace yourselves....

I enjoyed it. A lot more than I expected to. It was a very good film. If only they didn't just dismiss the originals out of hand, it would have been perfect.

It was a wasted opportunity. I really didn't like it.

I don't remember any river in Logan.

Adult Swim have released an episode of Rick and Morty Season 3

https://vid.me/JBhQ

You know what, I just haven't been sold on this film. The initial discussions about it being a new take on the Planet Hulk story, brought promise but the 'sets' look incredibly tacky.

The best bit about the whole trailer is that last scene, I did laugh out loud. With the build up for the fight, announcer emphasising their devastating champion, the crowd going mental, everybody looking excited for the blood bath...for the reveal to be Hulk smashing his way through the door and Thor shouting "Yesss!!!"...confusion, "we know each other! He's a friend from work". Ahaha. I liked that. Thor was always missing humour for me, I think Hemsworth is a much funnier actor that he's given credit for. I like Thor's naivity in certain situations and hopefully that gets played on more in this.

Edited by Lowensda