IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

I need one of you comic book fans to give me a list of must watch films and their links. X men, wolverine etc etc.

I always think they are linked so want to get the chronological order right.

X-men: X-Men, X-Men 2, Logan - No need for Origins, Wolverine or First Class or Apocalypse

Not linked: Deadpool - I didn't enjoy it that much, some great bits of humour ruined followed up with jokes that don't land. TJ Miller is awful, every scene he was in dragged.

Marvel Cinematic Universe: Recommended - Iron Man, Captain America, Avengers, Iron Man 3, Captain America Winter Soldier (2), Civil War, Doctor Strange, there's not really a bad film in the MCU although most are skippable. There's a real drop in quality between Iron Man and its sequel. I can't really recommend the Thor films, dull as dishwater.

You can watch Daredevil and Jessica Jones after Avengers.

DC: Man of Steel, Batman vs. Superman (Don't bother with Suicide Squad)

These are recentish standalone films based on comics/graphic novels that I recommend:

Dredd

Kingsmen

Snowpiercer (not sure if it's even out im the UK, I watched it on Netflix when the region switch cheats worked. It was fantastic until the final scene.)

X-men: X-Men, X-Men 2, Logan - No need for Origins, Wolverine or First Class or Apocalypse

Not linked: Deadpool - I didn't enjoy it that much, some great bits of humour ruined followed up with jokes that don't land. TJ Miller is awful, every scene he was in dragged.

Marvel Cinematic Universe: Recommended - Iron Man, Captain America, Avengers, Iron Man 3, Captain America Winter Soldier (2), Civil War, Doctor Strange, there's not really a bad film in the MCU although most are skippable. There's a real drop in quality between Iron Man and its sequel. I can't really recommend the Thor films, dull as dishwater.

You can watch Daredevil and Jessica Jones after Avengers.

DC: Man of Steel, Batman vs. Superman (Don't bother with Suicide Squad)

These are recentish standalone films based on comics/graphic novels that I recommend:

Dredd

Kingsmen

Snowpiercer (not sure if it's even out im the UK, I watched it on Netflix when the region switch cheats worked. It was fantastic until the final scene.)

Cheers!!!

Cheers!!!

Ignore the Deadpool shout from Louis. It's brilliant.

Also, he's missed off the best of the lot IMO (and many many others), which is Guardians of the Galaxy. Best of the lot, followed by Winter Soldier (Cap America) and then the original Iron Man.

Guardians 2 has obviously just been released and it's AMAZING. Fan boy (of Marvel) or not, you'll love that franchise, Louis is the ONLY person (not kidding) who doesn't seem to really enjoy it.

I enjoyed it enough to the see the sequel. :P

There's something about it (the original) that I just don't like, I watched it again on the BBC the other night in preparation for the sequel. It's just too dense and almost a slog to get through despite being only two hours long. I'm on board until the Knowhere scene then I find it becomes a bit boring despite a lot going on at the time.

Have you tried the game yet?

OK, so it sounds like a silly question, is the book a worthy read? I've heard mixed about it but going on holiday next week and thinking of picking something up.

I'm not a big reader any more, partly because I read that and knew in my heart nothing would ever come close. It is spectacular, but then all of Gaimans stories are.

If you want something lighter, get Good Omens by Gaiman and Terry Pratchett. It's also brilliant but easier to read.

Yeah it's two episodes in J, I've not read the books but I like the first episode it's different as I'm sure Matt will know if it's true to the books

To many inspector zombie sword swinging generic material out lately so up to now it seems a decent change of pace and story

Just read a couple of spoiler free reviews, it's getting a VERY positive response (considering the violence and some subject matter)

It's not shy mate put it that way, just watched episode two bar seeing a big cock it's one I'll definitely keep watching

Paul, just watched both episodes. Its out there. Not afraid to go a bit weird!

Yeah. Massive cock in that last episode.

My Mrs correctly identifies the actor playing Shadow Moon as "he's from Hollyoaks"....he was indeed aha.

I watched episode one with my missus and episode two on my own whilst everyone was out, he's done well to jump from that to this

I think I'll tell her it's not worth bothering with episode two after seeing that dong spare her eyes.

... Honest ?

I watched episode one with my missus and episode two on my own whilst everyone was out, he's done well to jump from that to this

I think I'll tell her it's not worth bothering with episode two after seeing that dong spare her eyes.

... Honest

H went to bed before that episode too. Thank god.

Bit spoilerly but hey! The fact she (Moon) had it in her mouth in the car, that girl's got skills.