IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

I saw Detroit at the cinema. I quite enjoyed it but it's pretty interesting to see how it's divided people.

Listening to Kermode and Mayo discussing that earlier, they think it's superb but they were getting some negative emails saying it was "out of context" somehow. Sounds an interesting one.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Louis said:

I've just come in from seeing Mother!, it was one of the strangest films I've ever seen. I loved it. 

Heard Mark Kermodes' s review on it in the car today, he was very impressed but emphasised the fact that "mother" needed to have a lower case "m". Along with a big old fashioned typewriter style "ding" for the explanation mark; but it sounded a really interesting premise/movie.

• 2 weeks later...

BBC4 documentary on the Vietnam war; just watched the second of ten parts. Unbelievable brutality; that's not aimed at America, they were still pretty much on the periphery at the stage it's up to, it's the different internal factions and the French colonialists thus far. It's fascinating; I was vaguely aware of it happening when I was a kid but learning about the detail is really interesting.

On 29/09/2017 at 16:36, Romey 1878 said:

Ray Donovan is fantastic. One of my favourite ever shows. 

I love it... wasn’t too sure after the first few episodes of the latest series with all the flashbacks but the last couple have been much better.

Watched The Deuce the other day on Sky Atlantic - the pilot/1st episode was brilliant.

1 hour ago, c1982 said:

I love it... wasn’t too sure after the first few episodes of the latest series with all the flashbacks but the last couple have been much better.

Watched The Deuce the other day on Sky Atlantic - the pilot/1st episode was brilliant.

I actually really enjoyed that aspect of the latest season tbh. It has got (even) stronger in the latest episodes though, and I can understand why some weren’t keen on the first few.