IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

17 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Looking at the reviews I appear to be in a minority Ste so maybe I need to have another watch. Never seen anything in IMAX; had the option to watch Jedi tomorrow in "reclining screen" but as it was £17.50 each gave it a swerve.

That looks a little too comfy for me Mike, like I might fall asleep. If you have the chance to watch a big film in IMAX I swear its worth the extra money. I saw Dark Knight Rises in IMAX the first time, the opening scene nearly killed me!

Just come home from watching Star Wars. Not the hugest fan of the genre and thought the film was a bit of a mess. Adam driver gave a good account of himself but apart from that i thought the storyline was poor, certain characters shoe horned in for a cameo for no reason and Finn and Rey either had little to do or her acting was wooden. Think they need to get rid of the remaining old school characters and start from fresh 

22 hours ago, StevO said:

That looks a little too comfy for me Mike, like I might fall asleep. If you have the chance to watch a big film in IMAX I swear its worth the extra money. I saw Dark Knight Rises in IMAX the first time, the opening scene nearly killed me!

Off to watch it shortly, sadly the nearest IMAX cinema is 95 miles away (Cardiff) so that's not going to be happening anytime soon.

On 20/12/2017 at 23:48, rubecula said:

the last episode of Peaky Blinders left me feeling a bit flat

Me too. It seemed that they crammed in too much, of completely different story threads into 1 episode. 

It should have ended after the Alfie Solomans scene but padded it out and increased the tension. Everything after that was a bit shit. 

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

In depth Jedi review-

It was OK. I'd give it a seven, maybe seven and a half. Nothing special but a pleasant enough way to spend a few hours, went by quickly which is a decent sign.

My favourite of the last three is still Rogue One though, and that was the prequel rather than a full on Star Wars film.

I also Really enjoyed rogue one

Watched Doctor Who yesterday; far from the most epic Christmas special but OK. Slight spoilers below.

Thought they dragged out the regeneration process a bit but really enjoyed the political incorrectness of Doc no.1, that was a brilliant touch.

Appears the Tardis feels the same about a female doctor as many fans:lol:.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Watched Doctor Who yesterday; far from the most epic Christmas special but OK. Slight spoilers below.

Hide contents

Thought they dragged out the regeneration process a bit but really enjoyed the political incorrectness of Doc no.1, that was a brilliant touch.

Appears the Tardis feels the same about a female doctor as many fans:lol:.

Personally, I’m hoping she hits the ground, dies, and regenerates straight away so I can pretend it never happened. 

33 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Personally, I’m hoping she hits the ground, dies, and regenerates straight away so I can pretend it never happened. 

On the fence again I see mate:lol:.

Personally I'm OK with it and interested to see how she does, more pissed off that Bradley Walsh is the new companion:dry:.

Just saw the first episode of Hard Sun, quite enjoyed it and well made but why in the World does anyone give Jim Sturgess a job? He just can't act, rest of the cast is great but he's a lump of 2x4; he's exactly the same character with the same vocal inflection he had in Close to the Enemy, the only difference is that he now has a beard.

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Nah, too far; he'd have died long before he got there. I think...

Hide contents

Iceland; reckon the volcano was the clue.

That’d slipped my mind :lol: 

What episode are you on? I’ve watched 3. The second half of the season will be released soon. 

It’s a bit weird without the main man :(