IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

my wife went to school for nutrition, i've watched tons of food documentaries, but not that one........yet lol.  honestly in europe your food quality standards are so much higher than anywhere else in the world i don't think you have anything to worry about.  here in america is a different story.  

Yes it is focused on the US but I assume processed meats, mercury in fish, etc. are the same everywhere.  I would love it if my wife was a nutritionist.  Food/healthy eating is the start of everything.

Most eye-opening was the power of your farmers-lobby.  They have the agression of the NRA backed by the money of big Pharma; incredibly powerful.

9 minutes ago, holystove said:

Yes it is focused on the US but I assume processed meats, mercury in fish, etc. are the same everywhere.  I would love it if my wife was a nutritionist.  Food/healthy eating is the start of everything.

Most eye-opening was the power of your farmers-lobby.  They have the agression of the NRA backed by the money of big Pharma; incredibly powerful.

Dunno how accurate this site is, but I know for sure food standards in the EU are some of the most stringent on the planet 

https://www.ecowatch.com/13-ways-the-eu-beats-the-u-s-on-food-safety-1881850175.html

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, nyblue23 said:

Adult film means something very specific over here. I had a moment of shock before I realized that MI was that adult film.

it is true about 2 nations divided by a single language isn'tt it?  there is British type English, and then there are the mistakes. :rofl:

just joking NYBlue you have your way and we have ours, just as long as we can understand each other it is ok.

3 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

the man city documentary "all or nothing" is fantastic.  really enjoying it (about 4 episodes in so far) and i didn't like pep before but he comes across really well and is very like able.

I find it hard to believe a toffee has his head turned by shitty.  Been nice knowing you MJB

18 minutes ago, Palfy said:

My missus thinks I’m so sad watching the Repair Shop on BBC 2, but I find so interesting please tell me whose right because I’m beginning to doubt myself. 

Never heard of it before but having had a quick gander on the iPlayer it seems quite interesting to me, I'd have no shame in watching it.

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

Never heard of it before but having had a quick gander on the iPlayer it seems quite interesting to me, I'd have no shame in watching it.

Well that’s good enough for me thanks Mike, she’s not gonna like it but she’s bitten off more than she can chew with this one, I can’t wait for you to tell her how it is, get prepared and don’t be scared she’s not as fierce some as she looks😂

13 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Well that’s good enough for me thanks Mike, she’s not gonna like it but she’s bitten off more than she can chew with this one, I can’t wait for you to tell her how it is, get prepared and don’t be scared she’s not as fierce some as she looks😂

*Runs away*

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Wife took grandson (nearly five) to see Christopher Robin today, he enjoyed it but wife didn't like it and said it was a bit "dark" for a Disney Pooh movie (I suspected it might be due to the PG certificate). He's staying the night and was just on the phone to his mum to say goodnight saying Grandma didn't enjoy it because it was too dark in the cinema:lol:.

Let’s hope he doesn’t have nightmares 🙂

21 hours ago, MikeO said:

Wife took grandson (nearly five) to see Christopher Robin today, he enjoyed it but wife didn't like it and said it was a bit "dark" for a Disney Pooh movie (I suspected it might be due to the PG certificate). He's staying the night and was just on the phone to his mum to say goodnight saying Grandma didn't enjoy it because it was too dark in the cinema:lol:.

We took our two (3&7) to see it last week one fell asleep when it first started after doing his sweets in whilst the trailers were on but us three enjoyed it nice moral story to it but I can see where your wife's coming from compared to the original stuff

3 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

We took our two (3&7) to see it last week one fell asleep when it first started after doing his sweets in whilst the trailers were on but us three enjoyed it nice moral story to it but I can see where your wife's coming from compared to the original stuff

I'll have a look myself when it's out on DVD but I think she went in with the wrong expectation; to be fair though the trailer (which we watched beforehand) does give the impression that it's going to be all happy happy so that's a bit deceptive it seems. Fact of the matter though is that AA Milne was a very troubled man and wanted to write serious stuff after coming home from WW1 but got writer's block so ended up getting closer (though never close) to his son and Pooh was the result. Christopher Robin himself hated the association and being paraded around while he thought it was just something between him and his dad, so the whole story is very dark despite it being a work of absolute genius on a "simple" level.

I read from AA Milne at my mum's funeral because she read it to me and my brother when we were kids so it's very close to my heart; watched Goodbye Christopher Robin last year and that's certainly no kids' film but very affecting.

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

I'll have a look myself when it's out on DVD but I think she went in with the wrong expectation; to be fair though the trailer (which we watched beforehand) does give the impression that it's going to be all happy happy so that's a bit deceptive it seems. Fact of the matter though is that AA Milne was a very troubled man and wanted to write serious stuff after coming home from WW1 but got writer's block so ended up getting closer (though never close) to his son and Pooh was the result. Christopher Robin himself hated the association and being paraded around while he thought it was just something between him and his dad, so the whole story is very dark despite it being a work of absolute genius on a "simple" level.

I read from AA Milne at my mum's funeral because she read it to me and my brother when we were kids so it's very close to my heart; watched Goodbye Christopher Robin last year and that's certainly no kids' film but very affecting.

I sort of guessed that there's a darker nature behind it all with each character nigh on representing a form of mental health/well-being and as you've said it's very clever the way he's woven it all together

Lovely that I'm sure you'll enjoy it tbh especially with it having a deeper meaning 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Never, ever really watched Winnie the Pooh as a kid, so I have no clue what any of you are on about :lol: 

It was never about watching it for me when I was a kid Mark it was about listening to it being read to me, a much more memorable experience. Still have the 1934 print edition that we were read to from, the year my mum was born so in all probability she was read it by her parents; pretty priceless that:).

And if you've not read any of it then you should, bloody hilarious!

10 minutes ago, MikeO said:

It was never about watching it for me when I was a kid Mark it was about listening to it being read to me, a much more memorable experience. Still have the 1934 print edition that we were read to from, the year my mum was born so in all probability she was read it by her parents; pretty priceless that:).

And if you've not read any of it then you should, bloody hilarious!

I don’t know why I didn’t say watched or read in my previous post, but yeah not read any either! I’m not sure why I never as a kid tbh, my Nan and grandad bought me plenty of books. 

23 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I don’t know why I didn’t say watched or read in my previous post, but yeah not read any either! I’m not sure why I never as a kid tbh, my Nan and grandad bought me plenty of books. 

Words of wisdom to be had there Mark, this could apply to many on here:lol:.

“My spelling is Wobbly. It’s good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.”

Also this would be a good one for some threads ...

“Owl looked at him, and wondered whether to push him off the tree; but, feeling that he could always do it afterwards, he tried once more to find out what they were talking about.”