IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

On 05/01/2019 at 05:33, Matt said:

Bandersnatch was fantastic. Very clever and typically dark and humorous. Depending on which path you took, obviously ;) 

Ahh man I was so disappointed. That said, my expectations for anything associated with that series are impossibly high.

On 30/12/2018 at 16:37, hafnia said:

I watched bird box on Netflix .... I enjoyed it but wouldn't be able to write a good constructive review about it.  Feels like there could have been an excellent film there but they missed a trick.... one of those films where you are left with too many questions at the end. 

Agreed. I thought it was thrilling enough. Was pretty troubled by the commentary on people with mental illness though.

I’ve started the Sunderland Til I Die series on Netflix. Interesting if only because of the number of Everton castoffs on that particular team (Vaughn, McGeady, Gibbo, Oviedo, Galloway, Browning... I think I’m still missing one or two).

Also halfway through season two of Donald Glover’s Atlanta which has been fucking brilliant so far.

38 minutes ago, nyblue23 said:

Ahh man I was so disappointed. That said, my expectations for anything associated with that series are impossibly high.

Agreed. I thought it was thrilling enough. Was pretty troubled by the commentary on people with mental illness though.

I’ve started the Sunderland Til I Die series on Netflix. Interesting if only because of the number of Everton castoffs on that particular team (Vaughn, McGeady, Gibbo, Oviedo, Galloway, Browning... I think I’m still missing one or two).

Also halfway through season two of Donald Glover’s Atlanta which has been fucking brilliant so far.

Sunderland till I die pissed me off..... it made me realise how many unprofessional greedy bastards who don't give a shit make themselves incredibly rich.

The chief executive and a few of the players were a disgrace.  Darron Gibson who I said years ago was a big drinker was filmed by fans pissed up slagging off other players.... hypocrite.

Then you had Mr chief executive who thought he was Sean Connery flashing off his expensive range of watches slagging off Rodwell cos he wouldn't tear up his contract.... what a prick.  Rodwell had every right to claim his money just in the same way no manager of chief exec writes off their money after getting sacked for doing a shite job.

Never heard of it before but on the radio earlier they were talking about the fourth (and last) series of Catastrophe starting on four and it sounded good so I've just watched the first two episodes of series one and it's brilliant! Wife appalled by the rudeness of it as she passed through the room so I'll have to watch it on the quiet but never mind. Funny how she's "grown up" and I'm still a teenager at heart:lol:.

right finished season 1 of True Detective. It was good but I felt like it took too long to get the story to the last two episodes and when it did it felt the ending was rushed. Still a decent show.

I always have a "short show" I watch, the 20 minute comedy shows, to go with the main tv show im watching, at the moment its scrubs for the millionth time, its just an ageless show and one of the best comedies about.

39 minutes ago, aaron said:

right finished season 1 of True Detective. It was good but I felt like it took too long to get the story to the last two episodes and when it did it felt the ending was rushed. Still a decent show.

I always have a "short show" I watch, the 20 minute comedy shows, to go with the main tv show im watching, at the moment its scrubs for the millionth time, its just an ageless show and one of the best comedies about.

Big Mouth, Deep Space 69 (only on YouTube I think, about 5 mins an episode), Final Space, Rick and Morty. 

I loved Scrubs (last season aside) but think I watched it to death 10 years ago :D 

On 10/01/2019 at 13:11, hafnia said:

Sunderland till I die pissed me off..... it made me realise how many unprofessional greedy bastards who don't give a shit make themselves incredibly rich.

The chief executive and a few of the players were a disgrace.  Darron Gibson who I said years ago was a big drinker was filmed by fans pissed up slagging off other players.... hypocrite.

Then you had Mr chief executive who thought he was Sean Connery flashing off his expensive range of watches slagging off Rodwell cos he wouldn't tear up his contract.... what a prick.  Rodwell had every right to claim his money just in the same way no manager of chief exec writes off their money after getting sacked for doing a shite job.

Yeah the bit about Rodwell was framed kind of interestingly. I will say there was one bit where Rodwell was filmed in the physio room after claiming he was as healthy as he’d ever been telling a teammate there was no chance he’d be suiting up to play that weekend. The series was vague about the circumstances surrounding that, but if Rodwell was actually refusing to play despite being healthy, that’s obviously problematic.

The watch thing didn’t get to me, probably because I don’t wear nor give a shit about watches. They do have some truly passionate supporters, though, I’ll give them that.