IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎25‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 02:40, markjazzbassist said:

Peaky blinders, hell of a show here, on the 4th season now and my wife and I ave been holed up all holiday watching it.  It’s addictive.

they filmed some of the new season outside my work a couple of months back.

I couldn't get into it me, got through 2 seasons and gave up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 14/12/2018 at 15:21, Finn balor said:

Looking forward to aqua man 

Wife and son going to see it on Sunday, not really my thing. Planning to see The Favourite in the near future, getting great reviews and I love Olivia Colman.

On another note why has someone bothered to remake Papillon? It's never in a million years going to match the original, it's like someone trying to remake The Godfather. Morons.

31 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Wife and son going to see it on Sunday, not really my thing. Planning to see The Favourite in the near future, getting great reviews and I love Olivia Colman.

On another note why has someone bothered to remake Papillon? It's never in a million years going to match the original, it's like someone trying to remake The Godfather. Morons.

I never knew that they were planning on doing remake of Papillon that's just crazy. At the moment I'm watching the Take That documentary with my wife she's a huge fan been to loads of concerts with my daughter's, I'm trying to pretend I'm not enjoying it can't believe I'm finding it entertaining. Help!!😨

35 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Wife was unwell so rather than waste £13 on an empty seat (recliner, lovely) I went to see Aquaman with Josh today; as I said comic book stuff not really my thing but I quite enjoyed it and Josh thought it was great.

I watched it last week and loved it. 

Watching the second half of the fifth season of Vikings? I’m waiting until all the episodes are out. 

9 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I wouldn’t have known myself but for having Prime. Think there are only a couple more episodes left before the season is finished. 

I have Prime also but didn't get a notification, I probably asked them to stop sending annoying emails, same as I have with Netflix.

2 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Black mirror??? Need a new box set.... any good? 

One of the best shows I’ve ever seen. Utterly depressing because nearly every episode is a short term possiblity, but brilliantly made/filmed/acted/directed... at least 2 episodes that have really changed their entire meaning in the last 2-3 mins and made me think about my own assumptions  

Black Mirror is a British anthology science fictiontelevision series created by Charlie Brooker, with Brooker and Annabel Jones serving as the programme showrunners. It examines modern society, particularly with regard to the unanticipated consequences of new technologies. Episodes are standalone, usually set in an alternative present or the near future, often with a dark and satirical tone, though some are more experimental and lighter.

I imagine, considering your job and what little I know of you, that it’s right up your street mate. “Shut up and dance”, “nosedive”, even the pilot... makes you really think about yourself, others around you and society in general 

edit: I’ve named three but looking through the titles, there really isn’t a bad one. Check IMDb mate if you want other references, but I’d be willing to admit I was wrong about Rom before I thought you wouldn’t love it 

27 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Will give it a go! 

It's very weird in that each episode is a stand alone story, there is no connection at all between each one; not an easy watch for me and while the best ones are brilliant some I find really quite tedious and want to see the "last 2 or 3 minutes" twist long before it arrives. Well worth a watch but I think many if not most could be shortened to half an hour in the same vein as "Tales of the Unexpected" used to be.

On 30/12/2018 at 18:48, Romey 1878 said:

Watching the second half of the fifth season of Vikings? I’m waiting until all the episodes are out. 

I'd somehow missed the last two episodes of the first half so I've caught up now:D. Just about to start watching episode 11.

13 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

i really loved vikings but honestly the show ended for me when

Reveal hidden contents

Ragnar died

I watched half the next season but it just wasn't anywhere near as good in my opinion.

Understand your point but I still enjoyed it a lot. Low point for me having just watched 9 & 10 is that...

Astrid was killed, she was seriously hot!