IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

Went to see Ocean's 8 this afternoon, an enjoyable watch. I didn't realise until we were driving home that Rihanna was in it; I wouldn't have recognised her if she'd knocked on my front door before because I have no interest in that kind of music/celebrity thing (I'm plainly not in her target market anyway:lol:), but she can act.

Like many people, he used to be my idol when we were playing at the bars with my friends. I used to play bass, I listened to many better bass players and had the chance to work many of them such as Carles Benavent (I was a tour manager in a part of my life) but this guy has been an inspiration for me, beyond anyone I listened to and thought they are better bass players than Paul. He is a complete musician. That's why when I used to write articles for a music magazine in Turkey, I've made it all about The Beatles and backstories of the lyrics. I've got that legacy from my grandpa who lived in Liverpool for a short-term many years ago. That's why I thought of Liverpool as a magical place when I was a kid, never had the chance to visit yet but definitely, I will one day.

It's the best carpool karaoke I've ever seen. Good job Corden, my hair stood on end. I realized how The Beatles and Paul inspired me and how much I've missed grandpa since he's gone. 

3 hours ago, Sir McGiven said:

Like many people, he used to be my idol when we were playing at the bars with my friends. I used to play bass, I listened to many better bass players and had the chance to work many of them such as Carles Benavent (I was a tour manager in a part of my life) but this guy has been an inspiration for me, beyond anyone I listened to and thought they are better bass players than Paul. He is a complete musician. That's why when I used to write articles for a music magazine in Turkey, I've made it all about The Beatles and backstories of the lyrics. I've got that legacy from my grandpa who lived in Liverpool for a short-term many years ago. That's why I thought of Liverpool as a magical place when I was a kid, never had the chance to visit yet but definitely, I will one day.

It's the best carpool karaoke I've ever seen. Good job Corden, my hair stood on end. I realized how The Beatles and Paul inspired me and how much I've missed grandpa since he's gone. 

That's just brilliant!

One of the most memorable gigs I ever saw was him at Wembley arena in his first post Wings solo tour in 1990; not the best one I ever saw (that would go to Neil Young at the same venue a few years earlier) but what an amazing show. (Just) Too young to have seen The Beatles but it was a pretty good second best! 

20 hours ago, MikeO said:

That's just brilliant!

One of the most memorable gigs I ever saw was him at Wembley arena in his first post Wings solo tour in 1990; not the best one I ever saw (that would go to Neil Young at the same venue a few years earlier) but what an amazing show. (Just) Too young to have seen The Beatles but it was a pretty good second best! 

76 years old, still looks young at his age and producing top songs, performing long concerts. Such an amazing guy.

11 hours ago, Matt said:

FInished s3 of The Expanse last night. Hoe. Lee. Fuck. 

Brilliant show and glad we’ll get at least one more season!

Not seen it... Will check it out.  Just finished sons of anarchy..  enjoyed it overall. Liked the atmosphere of it - characters were good too. 

On 30/06/2018 at 21:25, tonkaroost said:

Watching Unbreakable and Split in anticipation of Glass coming out. Had no idea they were all linked!

Cheers Tonka I really enjoyed Unbreakable was miffed they didn't follow it up or at least until I saw your post 

Never knew of any link saying that I've not seen Split yet so I'll have to watch it now 

9 hours ago, EFC-Paul said:

Cheers Tonka I really enjoyed Unbreakable was miffed they didn't follow it up or at least until I saw your post 

Never knew of any link saying that I've not seen Split yet so I'll have to watch it now 

The link is tiny tbf, but Glass looks like being a proper linked movie to the world. 

On 05/07/2018 at 04:23, markjazzbassist said:

Vikings. On season 4, enjoying it.  also just enjoy saying the name "flokke"

Haha... he is in the latest series of Westworld if you have seen that. Only a small part overall but its weird seeing him play a normal person and not a Viking.

Going back to names on that show, me and the mrs always think they call what I presume is Tirsten an Irish pronounciation of Thirsty. No we dont get out much. 

48 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Haha... he is in the latest series of Westworld if you have seen that. Only a small part overall but its weird seeing him play a normal person and not a Viking.

Going back to names on that show, me and the mrs always think they call what I presume is Tirsten an Irish pronounciation of Thirsty. No we dont get out much. 

sometimes i catch them saying bjorn and sometime bjern, i can never tell what his name really is.

8 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Great film, have you watched split yet? 

Yep, second time last night with the missus. Even better on second viewing, there's so much more to pick up on and actually helped me enjoy it even more than I did first time around

11 minutes ago, holystove said:

"What the health" on Netflix.   

My wife wants our family to eat vegan after having seen it.  I'm semi-convinced.  Anyone else seen this?

my wife went to school for nutrition, i've watched tons of food documentaries, but not that one........yet lol.  honestly in europe your food quality standards are so much higher than anywhere else in the world i don't think you have anything to worry about.  here in america is a different story.