IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

7 hours ago, aaron said:

whilst we are talking movies, Disney has just bought Fox for close to $66.1 Billion. Disney now has the rights to the X Men and Fantastic Four franchises, hopefully it wont be long till we see them pop up in the MCU!

Oh and Disney will now own The Simpsons and Sky TV!

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Does that mean they get the X Men?

I know you can read :P 

39 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I know that's a common complaint but I disagree completely. Loved it; be watching the new one next week.

kid on desert planet discovers droid with message to go to Rebellion (resistance).  luke and rey wearing same color clothes and basically outfit. a fight breaks out in the cantina (mos eisley, maz kanata place).  bad guys have a death star.  the mentor figure is killed (obi wan, han solo).  masked black villain with a lightsaber who's master is darth ____   who calls in over blue hologram.  main female character is captured and a rescue operation commences.  death star has engineering weakness that makes it vulnerable.

all the main storyline points are the exact same.

8 minutes ago, aaron said:

Do yourself a favour and never watch the prequels. the first two are shite, 1 worse than 2, 3 is alright.

Watch the new ones though, they are good!

i liked 1 and 3, thought 2 was the worst of all the movies.  having gone back and watched them all now the prequels aren't that bad honestly.  not sure why people hate 1, darth maul was awesome, qui gon and obi wan, the pod racing was cool, maybe i'm wierd but i loved episode 1.

1 minute ago, rubecula said:

I saw it as a kiddywinky Mike  not sure that I have the patience to sit through the whole film now,  it is a great film but it is so looooooong

I agree in fact, she who must be obeyed was watching it recently but the chariot race (in particular) goes on forever so I passed on that bit (knew the result:D). Ending still leaves a tear in my eye though, no matter how many times I see it. I'm a wimp:lol:.

13 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Just come back from taking my boy to watch jumanji. Was a good effort, the cji was a bit ropey at times but we enjoyed it. The British girl is seriously fit in it aswell 

Karen Gillian! yeah she's stunning. Most people don't realise she plays Nebula in Guardians of the Galaxy!

Was Jumanji any good? I've not fancied it at all, cant see it being better than the original myself.

13 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Just come back from taking my boy to watch jumanji. Was a good effort, the cji was a bit ropey at times but we enjoyed it. The British girl is seriously fit in it aswell 

19 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I refuse to watch it. The original was quality. Now it's about a computer game!

They remade it?! Fucking hell :(

34 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

1959 release mike, i was born in 1984.  only old movie i've seen was Lawrence of Arabia and The Sting.

Are you honestly telling me that you've never seen "The Great Escape":o?

Put that right asap (and let me know whether Steve McQueen makes the jump this time; you'll understand if you watch:lol:).

3 minutes ago, StevO said:

I loved it Mike, watched it in IMAX (I love IMAX). I really like Nolan though, each to their own I guess.

Looking at the reviews I appear to be in a minority Ste so maybe I need to have another watch. Never seen anything in IMAX; had the option to watch Jedi tomorrow in "reclining screen" but as it was £17.50 each gave it a swerve.