IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

4 hours ago, aaron said:

Couldn't get into that new Star Trek, thought the acting was very stiff and the story a bit shite. Does it get better?

The first two episodes are scene setters really; "Discovery" and several lead characters don't actually appear until the third. I think the acting's OK personally, I hate stiff stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Agree and it's a pain!

I've just watched the last episode of Breaking Bad series four; superb!

I’m in 2 minds whether to rewatch BB all again. Probably my favourite series. But there’s a lot of noice for Stranger Things, so might have to give it a go 

On ‎18‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 11:00, Romey 1878 said:

I know it wasn't received all that well but I loved the Justice League movie.

I thought it was ok, wasn't a scratch on Marvels big movies.

A lot was cut out the film when Zach Synder left and Joss Whedon came in, that scene *SPOILERS* of Alfred saying "he said you would come" was completely cut out, that was one of the big talking points of the trailer prior to release, who was he talking to?

With Marvel all the films are leading to a big story line conclusion, with DC there doesn't seem to be anything, just "oh lets do another stand alone story".

The Punisher on Netflix is excellent btw!

• 3 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, MikeO said:

New Star Wars movie (though I'm not watching it yet) seems to have very positive leaks after LA premier.

Josh is going tomorrow to watch the last one pre-midnight and the new one at the witching hour. Too much for me but I'll likely go and watch it in the near future.

i plan to go on sunday to see it, hopefully by then the crowds have calmed down and i can get a decent seat.

1 hour ago, aaron said:

Went the midnight showing of The Last Jedi last night, unbelievable film.

Josh did and agrees. Apparently Holly Willoughby blurted out a huge spoiler on TV this morning; don't know what it was and I won't be looking for it, going to watch it next week.

whilst we are talking movies, Disney has just bought Fox for close to $66.1 Billion. Disney now has the rights to the X Men and Fantastic Four franchises, hopefully it wont be long till we see them pop up in the MCU!

Oh and Disney will now own The Simpsons and Sky TV!

7 minutes ago, aaron said:

whilst we are talking movies, Disney has just bought Fox for close to $66.1 Billion. Disney now has the rights to the X Men and Fantastic Four franchises, hopefully it wont be long till we see them pop up in the MCU!

Oh and Disney will now own The Simpsons and Sky TV!

they're only buying 20th Century Fox which is their hollywood film division.  I don't think Sky is part of the deal, Fox news is not either.

3 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

they're only buying 20th Century Fox which is their hollywood film division.  I don't think Sky is part of the deal, Fox news is not either.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/analysis-and-features/disney-21st-century-fox-deal-takeover-sky-rupert-murdoch-explanation-what-does-it-mean-future-a8110166.html

Will take over its stake in Sky TV

1 hour ago, aaron said:

my apologies, thanks for the article.  i don't like it one bit because the already dying film industry becomes even more monopolized.