IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

On 17/01/2019 at 17:54, nyblue23 said:

The watch thing didn’t get to me, probably because I don’t wear nor give a shit about watches.

Love watches, feel naked without one. One of my most prized possessions is a gold Longines that my dad bought in the 1960's (he got it in Amsterdam airport on his way home from a business trip to the US and "smuggled" it into the country by wearing it when he should have paid import duty:lol:). My mum went mad when she found out what he paid for it. I recently got it completely restored to "as new" (had to do back the Switzerland) including having the face repainted by hand and it cost stupid money, new strap alone was £150 but it's irreplaceable for sentimental reasons as much as anything else. Apparently now worth around £5,000 but I'll never sell it, it'll go to my lad one day, and I hope he never sells it, sure he won't.

14 hours ago, nyblue23 said:

Just saw If Beale Street Could Talk based on the James Baldwin novel. Phenomenal film.

Also just started watching The Inbetweeners. I know I’m late... anybody have anpinion before I waste too much time?

Keep watching the Inbetweeners if you've enjoyed it so far, we get reruns almost everyday over here and there still good to watch again.

40 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Really want to see that

It's excellent, and so well acted; it's almost like they're improvising a lot of the time because it feels so real, and Casey Affleck (who deservedly got best actor at the Oscars for it) was just brilliant. It's on the BBC iPlayer at the moment.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b088fl1q/manchester-by-the-sea

The Punisher (season 2) as Frank Castle is the fucking man.

Not as good as season 1 and will likely be cancelled soon (all the other Netflix series have) but will be interesting to see what they do with The Punisher when he turns up on Disney+ when that goes live.

Slight Vikings spoiler alert follows but it's more my opinion than actually giving anything away.

Just seems to be going around in circles a bit for me now, think they're dragging it out but they still have twenty episodes in series six to do. The Iceland side story was/is also a very bad idea for me, don't see the point of it.

Reviews on Prime itself have dropped from 80% 5/5 for the first raft of this series to 54% on the second lot (with two to come) so seems I'm not alone.

28 minutes ago, Matt said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-46970651

There's going to be a prequel to The Sopranos?! I really don't know how I feel about that...

Best program ever...  not sure how they can carry it on. 

Paulie was the only survivor, Silvio was in a bad way.... Bobby was shot, Tony was too well... I'm certain that shite ending was meant to indicate that. David Chase got carried away with himself at times.... tonys dreams etc....

Best episode... pine barrons.  You don't even need to watch the series... that was a one off that you could watch as a means of getting I to it. 

Just now, hafnia said:

Best program ever...  not sure how they can carry it on. 

Paulie was the only survivor, Silvio was in a bad way.... Bobby was shot, Tony was too well... I'm certain that shite ending was meant to indicate that. David Chase got carried away with himself at times.... tonys dreams etc....

Best episode... pine barrons.  You don't even need to watch the series... that was a one off that you could watch as a means of getting I to it. 

It's a prequel mate. 

Green Book - Brilliant film and a great switch in ethnicity class for the era it really highlights how much ignorance there was (still is) 

Great character development well worth a watch 

Just started The Sopranos as well five episodes in and really getting into it, love the mob stuff so I'm not sure why I've never watched it years ago 

On 26/01/2019 at 21:58, EFC-Paul said:

Green Book - Brilliant film and a great switch in ethnicity class for the era it's set really highlights how much ignorance there was (still is) 

Great character development well worth a watch 

Just started The Sopranos as well five episodes in and really getting into it, love the mob stuff so I'm not sure why I've never watched it years ago 

I’m so jealous that you get to experience it for the first time 

21 minutes ago, aaron said:

Found the Sopranos boring as fuck and turned it off after a season and half. Just didn't do anything for me.

It's no Boardwalk Empire imo but I'm liking it so far, I've had a few people say it's drops off after the first two seasons so I'll see how it goes 

I need a filler until Thrones and Better Call Saul etc kick back off 

1 hour ago, EFC-Paul said:

It's no Boardwalk Empire imo but I'm liking it so far, I've had a few people say it's drops off after the first two seasons so I'll see how it goes 

I need a filler until Thrones and Better Call Saul etc kick back off 

Wife loves that but I've never liked it, acting's a bit wooden imo. Never seen an episode of Sopranos; it's just not a genre that interests me really.

1 hour ago, Sev said:

I think I'll watch all my Sergio Leone films next.

Beyond his spaghetti western trilogy and Once Upon a Time in the West (supposedly edited to shit by the studio) I know nothing about his work.

The three Clint Eastwood movies are total genius though, actually met Eli Wallach once many moons ago when he was in a play at a theatre where my then girlfriend worked, lovely guy.

On 30/01/2019 at 21:34, MikeO said:

Beyond his spaghetti western trilogy and Once Upon a Time in the West (supposedly edited to shit by the studio) I know nothing about his work.

The three Clint Eastwood movies are total genius though, actually met Eli Wallach once many moons ago when he was in a play at a theatre where my then girlfriend worked, lovely guy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergio_Leone

And yes. Don't know for how many times I've watched those three Eastwood movies from Leone. But I will keep on doing that till I die.