IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

7 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

I’m getting into breaking bad big time. Is it me or his Walters brother in law the best thing in this ?

He's good in Under the Dome too. The son who has cerebral palsy is really good too. Jesse steals the show for me. 

10 hours ago, Finn balor said:

I’m getting into breaking bad big time. Is it me or his Walters brother in law the best thing in this ?

Hank is a fantastic character, but not my favourite. I won’t tell you who until you’ve finished though ;) 

Only started watching Star Trek properly the past two years. Thought the first one was great and the second was excellent to the point I didn't wanna move onto the third as I knew it wouldn't be as good. Any how just started deep space 9, three eps in and I'm struggling to see how they have stretched it out for 6 seasons if it's just on a base (rather than trekking! Can imagine the fans kicking off over that at the time). Feels white washed in comparison to the older ones too with the only ethnic minority character being the captain, although there is a stronger female presence with Kira and Dax, the latter who used to be a man so the diversity values are still there 🙂. Last point, thank fuck for Netflix and their auto skip function as this show has one of the worst theme tunes ever! 

Little review is 30 years late but if anyone is like me and not bothered to watch Star Trek yet give the first two series ago, or at least the second one, Next Generation. Even if you don't like space stuff it's worth it alone for Picard, Data, Warf and Dianna which must be one of the best castings in a show ever. 

11 hours ago, pete0 said:

Only started watching Star Trek properly the past two years. Thought the first one was great and the second was excellent to the point I didn't wanna move onto the third as I knew it wouldn't be as good. Any how just started deep space 9, three eps in and I'm struggling to see how they have stretched it out for 6 seasons if it's just on a base (rather than trekking! Can imagine the fans kicking off over that at the time). Feels white washed in comparison to the older ones too with the only ethnic minority character being the captain, although there is a stronger female presence with Kira and Dax, the latter who used to be a man so the diversity values are still there 🙂. Last point, thank fuck for Netflix and their auto skip function as this show has one of the worst theme tunes ever! 

Little review is 30 years late but if anyone is like me and not bothered to watch Star Trek yet give the first two series ago, or at least the second one, Next Generation. Even if you don't like space stuff it's worth it alone for Picard, Data, Warf and Dianna which must be one of the best castings in a show ever. 

I enjoyed DS9 and don't remember a lot of negativity about it when it came out, but then that was pre mass internet so much less space (<accidental pun) to express an opinion. Enjoyed Voyager as well, and the whole premise of that meant that they hag to be "trekking" all the time; won't explain why but it becomes apparent in the first episode or two. It actually ran in parallel to DS9 for a few years.

After that there's Enterprise, which was an attempt at a "prequel" to all of the others covering the first years of alien interaction; decent idea but turned out to be total garbage imo, and I only watched 2/3 episodes before giving up.

11 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I enjoyed DS9 and don't remember a lot of negativity about it when it came out, but then that was pre mass internet so much less space (<accidental pun) to express an opinion. Enjoyed Voyager as well, and the whole premise of that meant that they hag to be "trekking" all the time; won't explain why but it becomes apparent in the first episode or two. It actually ran in parallel to DS9 for a few years.

After that there's Enterprise, which was an attempt at a "prequel" to all of the others covering the first years of alien interaction; decent idea but turned out to be total garbage imo, and I only watched 2/3 episodes before giving up.

It was your post the other day that got me to start watching it again as I don't know half the characters in the new Picard film so thought I best catch up. 

Good to know you enjoyed it and the trekking isn't an issue. So far it's okay, not keen on the captain and his son, but the rest of the cast seem good. Cheers for the heads up about the crossover, will watch Voyager parallel once I get to that point. 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

It was your post the other day that got me to start watching it again as I don't know half the characters in the new Picard film so thought I best catch up. 

Good to know you enjoyed it and the trekking isn't an issue. So far it's okay, not keen on the captain and his son, but the rest of the cast seem good. Cheers for the heads up about the crossover, will watch Voyager parallel once I get to that point. 

I don't think it's absolutely necessary to watch the two together, there's no direct connection, it's just that the producers (leaving out spoilers)..

"...devised the series to chronologically overlap with Deep Space Nine and to continue themes—namely the..[deleted]...which had been introduced in The Next Generation and Deep Space Nine."

3 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I don't think it's absolutely necessary to watch the two together, there's no direct connection, it's just that the producers (leaving out spoilers)..

"...devised the series to chronologically overlap with Deep Space Nine and to continue themes—namely the..[deleted]...which had been introduced in The Next Generation and Deep Space Nine."

Thanks Mike. That's good saves having to flick between, was worried it might be like super girl and flash. I was a little confused with the first ep of deep space as it had the borg/Picard. 

On 03/08/2019 at 09:14, Matt said:

Taking the missus to see the real Moulin Rouge tonight, we’re in Paris for our 9th anniversary so thought it’d be rude not to :) 

Hope you had a great night Matt. Just been to the cinema to watch Hobbs and Shaw the fast and furious spin off. It’s such a good film. A real enjoyable action film with loads of laughs and some surprising cameos. Elba’s character could be a spin off of a spin off. They boy loved it aswell