IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

54 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Ad Astra is well worth a watch. 

Seems to have split the critics down the middle; some saying it's Oscar material and others saying it's self-indulgent crap, don't think I'll risk a visit to the cinema but I'll have a look when the DVD comes out.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Seems to have split the critics down the middle; some saying it's Oscar material and others saying it's self-indulgent crap, don't think I'll risk a visit to the cinema but I'll have a look when the DVD comes out.

I can see why. Most of the film you’re just focused on one person. 

But I enjoyed it myself. 

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Joker is a quality film. Phoenix puts in a special performance. 

Just got back from watching it. It was intense! I’d like to see more of him as Joker. 

Am I right in thinking DC weren’t involved in the film? That seems a bit weird to me. 

32 minutes ago, StevO said:

Just got back from watching it. It was intense! I’d like to see more of him as Joker. 

Am I right in thinking DC weren’t involved in the film? That seems a bit weird to me. 

It’s supposed to be just a one and done, so no more of him as Joker. But if it’s as successful as it looks like being I think money will talk. 

DC were involved fully, it’s just part of their DC Dark label. It’s where they’ll do R rated movies like this that are a very different mood and feel. So completely separate to the main world stuff like Aquaman and the new Matt Reeves Batman trilogy with Robert Pattinson as Batman etc. 

7 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

It’s supposed to be just a one and done, so no more of him as Joker. But if it’s as successful as it looks like being I think money will talk. 

DC were involved fully, it’s just part of their DC Dark label. It’s where they’ll do R rated movies like this that are a very different mood and feel. So completely separate to the main world stuff like Aquaman and the new Matt Reeves Batman trilogy with Robert Pattinson as Batman etc. 

Ah ok. I just found it strange not having the DC intro and it saying based on DC characters. I liked it though. Not sure I’ll like Pattinson at Batman. 

8 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Not sure about him either but I didn't think I'd like Affleck and he worked well in the end.

Pattinson has made some really good independent movies and im hoping his batman will be darker and the success of the joker will hopefully see to that. Back to the joker it needs repeated viewing as if everything as it seems or is it in Arthur flecks head? That’s what I liked about it 

I am not going to tell you what I have been atching lately  just going to mention something I have not been watching too well lately,  and that is where I put my  delicate size 10s lol  it is why I found myself in hospital last night with a neck brace on (my lord it was not bloody nice  lol)  I had tripped up on thr stairs and managed a flying head butt n the front door  lol  talk about bloody idiots  I was covered in blood  lol anyway  I decided to go to bed when I got home  …  fat chance  every man and his dog wanted to phone me or visit n-me today  and now I am totally cream crackered, and bugger me I can not settle down tor a good nights  sleep.

You've got to stop practising those diving headers Rubes.😮

On the other subject ..... I'm in the middle of watching "City on the hill"  Kevan Bacon playing a corrupt FBI man,  if you decide to watch it with family be careful, there's lots of bad language and naughty scenes.

5 hours ago, Bill said:

On the other subject ..... I'm in the middle of watching "City on the hill"  Kevan Bacon playing a corrupt FBI man,  if you decide to watch it with family be careful, there's lots of bad language and naughty scenes.

I’ll give that a watch. Going to watch the breaking bad film this weekend. Just been the pics to see the kids yeti film with the boy. It was ok 

29 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

I’ll give that a watch. Going to watch the breaking bad film this weekend. Just been the pics to see the kids yeti film with the boy. It was ok 

Watched El Camino last night and it’s definitely well worth a watch , only problem is now I want to watch the entire series again

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Watched El Camino last night and it’s definitely well worth a watch , only problem is now I want to watch the entire series again

Wow hows this for timing? Robert Forster (Ed Galebraith, vacuum cleaner salesman) died yesterday, he was superb in Jackie Brown!

7 hours ago, Bill said:

Finished City on the Hill last night Bill, really enjoyed it. Bacon is brilliant, the guy playing DeCoursey Ward is great too.