IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

28 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I’m enjoying FBI that started on Sky Witness recently. 

Also, from the final trailer Joker looks like it’s going to be a very good movie. 

I cannot wait for the joker. Looks very king of comedy esque. Going to have smuggle my boy in to watch it as he is desperate to see it 

Finally started Peaky Blinders this week. Generally speaking I don't care for mob/ganster shows. I didn't pay much attention to the music until (I leave subtitles on) it popped up with "Hardest Button to Button" by White Strips, which is a great time....but it was different song. Since then I have paid more attention - it throws me off a bit, with modern music set against the 1920's backdrop. That said, they have some great music.

But sure as shit, I'm pulled in, halfway thru the second season after a couple of days.

But it's really weird seeing John Stones playing a Birmingham gangster, but he's more convincing in that role than as a CB.

On 08/09/2019 at 18:49, Bill said:

Just looking forward to the last episode of  "The loudest voice".  About Roger Ailes  Chairman and CEO of Fox news and TV, he built it from scratch for Rupert Murdock.  Russell Crowe gives a great performance as Roger.

Just watched the last episode last night. I thought it was fantastic. Crowe is an unbelievable actor anyway, but he made me (and the missus) really hate Ailes. Almost to the point it was enjoyable to watch his downfall. Sienna Miller was fantastic too, it was difficult to watch most of her scenes as she was falling apart. 

It seems Ailes was a monster, paranoid and racist. Horrible man. Great show!

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

Didn't realise the second series of Star Trek Discovery was out there, binged it and only one more to go but the stand-out for me has to be Tig Notaro; not a major character but I love her contribution.

Wasn't too keen on her thought she was a little too similar to Ellen DeGeneres but did have a few funny moments. Really struggled with the second season in general. 

Just up to the end of season three on deep space 9 myself. 

13 hours ago, MikeO said:

Didn't realise the second series of Star Trek Discovery was out there, binged it and only one more to go but the stand-out for me has to be Tig Notaro; not a major character but I love her contribution.

Felt a little drawn out over the last 2-3 episodes but otherwise I enjoyed it. She certainly was a fun character 

11 hours ago, pete0 said:

Wasn't too keen on her thought she was a little too similar to Ellen DeGeneres but did have a few funny moments. Really struggled with the second season in general. 

Just up to the end of season three on deep space 9 myself. 

DS9 is a rollercoaster. Brilliant show