IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

1 hour ago, Finn balor said:

Half way through breaking bad. I love it but this “fly” episode is really bad struggling to get through it 

Feel for you, was big error for me, extremely annoying episode. No clue as to who thought it'd be a good idea.

Just now, Finn balor said:
48 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Feel for you, was big error for me, extremely annoying episode. No clue as to who thought it'd be a good idea.

It just felt like it didn’t belong? The sopranos pine episode deviated a little and was a classic. I really like the old hit man though he’s a class character 

Just finished season one of deep space nine. Many episodes are tiresome and I found the first half to be very antisemitic, never noticed the ferengi were a Jewish trope before and there was one of two eps that made me uncomfortable in the first half before they humanised the Ferengi (I know MikeO wouldn't stand for such a stereotype, so Googled it and apparently it was on purpose, star trek made the ferengi unlikeable on purpose at the start of ds9 and then humanised them to combat antisemitism). Overall season one is underwhelming but I was absolutely blown away by ep 18, one of the best episodes of TV I've ever watched. 

11 hours ago, pete0 said:

Just finished season one of deep space nine. Many episodes are tiresome and I found the first half to be very antisemitic, never noticed the ferengi were a Jewish trope before and there was one of two eps that made me uncomfortable in the first half before they humanised the Ferengi (I know MikeO wouldn't stand for such a stereotype, so Googled it and apparently it was on purpose, star trek made the ferengi unlikeable on purpose at the start of ds9 and then humanised them to combat antisemitism). Overall season one is underwhelming but I was absolutely blown away by ep 18, one of the best episodes of TV I've ever watched. 

DS9 just gets better and better. I didnt want it to end. 

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

I thought it was great because it went completely against the flow but also shows the state of Walters mind. 

It does delve a little bit more into the relationship between Walter and Jesse, but I honestly found the episode boring for the most part. It probably had something to do with the previous episode having some sort of cliff hanger and it not being explained the following week though!

Just now, Sibdane said:

It does delve a little bit more into the relationship between Walter and Jesse, but I honestly found the episode boring for the most part. It probably had something to do with the previous episode having some sort of cliff hanger and it not being explained the following week though!

No doubt it was uncomfortable, and it’s only afterwards that I really appreciated the cleverness of the episode 

On 05/08/2019 at 08:39, Matt said:

No doubt it was uncomfortable, and it’s only afterwards that I really appreciated the cleverness of the episode 

That was an odd episode that was more appreciated in retrospect for me. There are so many scences like that (not whole episodes like this) throughout the series. Many become even more brilliant during Better Call Saul. If I would have been watching BB when it was aired and not binging it after it was over, I would probably have really disliked the episode. 

It's painful enough BCS season 4 ended 10 months ago, and it's going to be another 5+ months minimum before season 5. *Twitch*

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Slow start but ends up being brilliant 

This.

From the start, you know how it's going to end - where Breaking Bad starts. But the build to that point, with the gradual introduction and development of the characters that are central in Breaking Bad is superb.