IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

14 hours ago, MikeO said:

I've not no, never heard of it to be honest, passed me by.

If you like Tarantino give it a go. It wasn’t really box office over here, was part of a double feature in the states. 
It’s less than two hours long, not like all his others, but it’s probably his most fun film. 

2 hours ago, StevO said:

If you like Tarantino give it a go. It wasn’t really box office over here, was part of a double feature in the states. 
It’s less than two hours long, not like all his others, but it’s probably his most fun film. 

I'll track it down.

34 minutes ago, Matt said:

You’ll have to drive quickly...

it’s a brilliant film, maybe “his” best

It’s debatable. I’m lucky enough that the missus let me build a bit of a cinema room in our house, it’s the only Tarantino film to get a poster on the wall. It’s my favourite, at the moment anyway haha. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

It’s debatable. I’m lucky enough that the missus let me build a bit of a cinema room in our house, it’s the only Tarantino film to get a poster on the wall. It’s my favourite, at the moment anyway haha. 

Well it wasn’t just him, hence the quotes. The whole series of films he did with Rodrigues is ridiculous and brilliant 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Finn balor said:

Some new films added on Netflix that I want to watch. Particularly the king. 

I watched the start of that last night and it was promising. Quite a risk to "rewrite" Shakespeare essentially but it was working for me, and I love the Bard's Henry IV/V period that it covers so a high bar.

American Son.

Proof Netflix will make anything into a film. Truly dreadful. Luckily I sped through half it so never wasted a full 90 minutes of my life on it. I assume it started like as one of them shitty drama troupes that go around schools highlighting key issues. This one being racial prejudices. 

Black mum searching for her missing son, white cop is then rediculously racist in a completely unbelievable way. Keeps asking about gold teeth or nicknames even though he knows the kid is from a well to do area so I doubt they'd be so many gang related questions. 

Mum plays the black card all throughout, well I assume all I fast forwarded fair few conversations. Plot twist husband turns up and he's white and FBI.

Find out kids have been pulled over and police have fired and you can hear nigger get shouted... Another convenient plot twist, the cop is black and it was the person who recorded it that shouted the n bomb. 

The mum speaks to the top cop/press officer or whatever person it is that gets the information. Another convenience, he's black. Puts mum in her place for playing black card.

Plot twist he then gets the info and finds out the son has been shot by the police. The End. 

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

His Dark Materials on the BBC is interesting, don't know the books at all but anything that James McAvoy & Anne-Marie Duff commit to has a lot going for it from the off for me. First two episodes have been intriguing enough to carry on watching. 

I’ve read the books, they’re good. I’m enjoying the show too. 

Add Dafne Keen to the list of those in it that mean it has a lot going for it too.