IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

• 2 weeks later...

Going to watch the second series of After Life on Friday; not a Gervais fan normally but thought the first series was great. Be interesting to see where he goes with it because the first lot seemed to pretty much start and finish the story, was actually surprise he's done more.

6 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Going to watch the second series of After Life on Friday; not a Gervais fan normally but thought the first series was great. Be interesting to see where he goes with it because the first lot seemed to pretty much start and finish the story, was actually surprise he's done more.

Not watched it because of him really. He has really good moments and is clearly a very clever man, but he’s done some stuff that’s really put me off him in the past. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MikeO said:

The Last Kingdom, didn't realise there was a fourth series out; in fact I didn't realise there was a third. Thea Sofie Loch Næss is a real stunner!

Mike, I was the same. I watched the first two series’ on BBC and then heard nothing more and hadn’t realised Netflix had taken it on instead. I watched the third series but haven’t watched the fourth yet.

Who does she play? Aethelflaed?

16 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Mike, I was the same. I watched the first two series’ on BBC and then heard nothing more and hadn’t realised Netflix had taken it on instead. I watched the third series but haven’t watched the fourth yet.

Who does she play? Aethelflaed?

Skade.

Capture.JPG

On 10/05/2020 at 02:12, markjazzbassist said:

yeah i finished season 4, i really love that show.  season 3 was a little slow for me, but 4 was excellent.  uhtred is the man!

Just watched the last two episodes of series three, epic stuff; the Uhtred/Arthur scenes at the start of ep 9 were brilliantly done I thought. I'll start series four tomorrow.

On 10/05/2020 at 02:12, markjazzbassist said:

yeah i finished season 4, i really love that show.  season 3 was a little slow for me, but 4 was excellent.  uhtred is the man!

Done that now but I really think they're dragging it out; the next series needs to be the last one and bring some conclusion; it seems to be at the moment that x beats y beats z then Uhtred sorts stuff only for z to beat y to beat x ad infinitum. Nice nod to Vikings and Ivar the Boneless though, so tipping its hat to actual history, as it has all along.

• 2 weeks later...

Waiting to see if the SpaceX launch goes ahead in twenty-five minutes or so, weather a bit iffy and a final decision expected in 3/4 minutes. Watched all the Apollo and shuttle launches over many years and never fails to excite me; be safe guys. Last thing I want to see is another Challenger style incident.

Edit: Sounds unlikely to go ahead now, probably be Saturday.

Another edit: Definitely aborted.

49 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Just finished watching Little Boy Blue with the wife. Now stomping round the house in a rage. There's a budding vigilante in me just itching to get out. I've watched Vikings and wouldn't mind blood eagleing some of those scum bags

Not seen it but for those guys who weren't around all those years ago his big brother Owen was actually a TT member. We took a collection and donated a trophy, probably our finest hour.

http://www.toffeetalk.com/topic/8682-rhys-jones-memorial-trophy/

3 hours ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Just finished watching Little Boy Blue with the wife. Now stomping round the house in a rage. There's a budding vigilante in me just itching to get out. I've watched Vikings and wouldn't mind blood eagleing some of those scum bags

if only Jarl Borg was still around.....great show

Just now, Sibdane said:

I'm watching Black Mirror. There are some good episodes, but some of it is little too much for me. 

It is somewhat hit and miss I agree, some brilliant stuff and others that just leave you scratching your head, gave up on it after a while.

Just now, MikeO said:

It is somewhat hit and miss I agree, some brilliant stuff and others that just leave you scratching your head, gave up on it after a while.

I've been picking and choosing episodes. I'm sure I'll watch all of them eventually though. 

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Did anyone watch Knightfall? Cancelled after two series with some bloody big questions unanswered:mad:

i lost interest early second season or maybe late first season for some reason i can't remember.  

watching an australian show on Netflix titled "The Code".  enjoying it so far, mystery/political thriller type show. 

finished "the code", if you have netflix, i highly recommend it.  excellent show.

now watching "a very secret service", it's a french show kinda spoof of spy type shows.  soundtrack by nicolas godin (of AIR) which is awesome, and the humor is very dry, and pokes fun at the french (who won world war II?) and americans and everyone in between.  i'm really enjoying it.