IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

On 19/12/2019 at 16:21, markjazzbassist said:

The mandalorian.  I honestly feel if it wasn’t Star Wars I would have stopped watching it.  Very singular in story and direction, no character building or other characters to get excited about, just the one storyline and character.

How many episodes have you watched? I've just finished final one and disagree completely; the whole point of the lead is that he has no real character to build, though it has in subtle ways. There are at least three or four strong support cast members plus a new one in the last two episodes, even a 'droid undergoing personality change ffs:P, enjoyed it a lot. 

6 hours ago, rubecula said:

I have been watching the news  recently        ( it  is  almost  like  watching  a soap opera)

I've been avoiding the news since Friday 13th (appropriate). Don't want to know.

3 minutes ago, MikeO said:

How many episodes have you watched? I've just finished final one and disagree completely; the whole point of the lead is that he has no real character to build, though it has in subtle ways. There are at least three or four strong support cast members plus a new one in the last two episodes, even a 'droid undergoing personality change ffs:P, enjoyed it a lot. 

I've been avoiding the news since Friday 13th (appropriate). Don't want to know.

I e watched all but the last.

just finished season 1 of “the Witcher”.  Was fantastic if you like fantasy stuff like lord of the rings or game of thrones.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, MikeO said:

Second series may fill the plot holes😉

It was basic stuff like bad guys can’t find person x.  Episodes later bad guys fly directly to person x front door without saying how they know where he is and how they got that info.  This is one of many just basic story holes that had me not a fan of this show.  

On the way home I watched a Documentary film called big farm little farm, it was filmed over 7 years, I won’t go into details in case you haven’t seen it, but please watch it you will be so clad you did it’s an incredible story. 

If you do get the opportunity to watch it you’re want to tell others it’s so inspirational. 

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

On the way home I watched a Documentary film called big farm little farm, it was filmed over 7 years, I won’t go into details in case you haven’t seen it, but please watch it you will be so clad you did it’s an incredible story. 

If you do get the opportunity to watch it you’re want to tell others it’s so inspirational. 

Do you mean "The Biggest Little Farm"?

38 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

I think the quality has really taken a hit and everything has gotten a bit "preachy". I'm looking at you Dr Who!

Sunday's episode, oh dear.

I thought the opening two-parter was OK and quite clever with the 007 nods (actually more lump-hammer blows than nods) and I have no real problem with Jodie Whittaker but the "companions" need to be ditched completely, Bradley Walsh front and centre.

5 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Sunday's episode, oh dear.

I thought the opening two-parter was OK and quite clever with the 007 nods (actually more lump-hammer blows than nods) and I have no real problem with Jodie Whittaker but the "companions" need to be ditched completely, Bradley Walsh front and centre.

I stopped watching after 2 episodes of Whittaker’s run. It’s shite. 

2 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

I don't know why I put myself through them, especially anything by the BBC. I am a massive fan of War Of The Worlds so was eagerly anticipating the 3 parter over Christmas. First episode was okay, I accepted they wanted to adapt it and change some of the roles. Then episode 2 I noticed it going sideways. Episode 3 was a car crash. The main character became utterly pathetic. I've not even bothered with Dracula, another classic they are going to "adapt"

Don’t bother with Dracula, it was awful. You can see Moffat’s hands all over it. 

1 minute ago, TallPaul1878 said:

I don't know why I put myself through them, especially anything by the BBC. I am a massive fan of War Of The Worlds so was eagerly anticipating the 3 parter over Christmas. First episode was okay, I accepted they wanted to adapt it and change some of the roles. Then episode 2 I noticed it going sideways. Episode 3 was a car crash. The main character became utterly pathetic. I've not even bothered with Dracula, another classic they are going to "adapt"

Completely with you on War of the Worlds, pitiful ending episode. I've not seen Dracula but it's got some very good reviews.

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

Don’t bother with Dracula, it was awful. You can see Moffat’s hands all over it. 

Just now, MikeO said:

Completely with you on War of the Worlds, pitiful ending episode. I've not seen Dracula but it's got some very good reviews.

Apart from Mark's😂

21 hours ago, MikeO said:

A little (lot) different to what we've been talking about but I just watched the first (of two) parts of the documentary "Exposed: The Church's Darkest Secret" on iPlayer; absolutely mind boggling.

And now the second part, overall a disgraceful cover up and old boys network (including prince Charles and George Carey, ex Archbishop of Canterbury and still House of Lords member) which allowed predatory paedophiles to operate with the church with impunity in the C of E since the 1970s. Carey in particular withheld evidence, man should be in prison rather than the upper house.

• 2 weeks later...

Say what you want about Jodie Whittaker (who I personally don't mind in the role) and the current "companions" (who really do need binning) but that episode of Dr Who yesterday was outstanding! Brilliant story-line opening up many questions for future stuff. 

Rated at 8.2 out of 10 on imdb when a lot of her episodes have  been 3/4/5 and up with many episode ratings for past docs.

Even if you have stopped watching do yourself a favour; hold your nose, ignore the three stooges and give it a try. Josh had stopped watching completely but he loved it also.