IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Very good that is all.

Gotcha. He is just the most inconsistent filmmaker so I never know. 

Recently watched both Judas and the Black Messiah and The Trial of the Chicago 7. Would highly recommend both. Daniel Kaluuya and LaKeith Stanfield are perfection in Black messiah, and the writing and performances in Chicago 7 are unbelievable

The Irregulars. 

Just watched the first episode and it wasn't great. Based very loosely on the homeless kids who helped Sherlock Holmes.. but they've added supernatural shite and to make it extra shit have used modern music. 

Filmed in Liverpool though and you can tell by a couple of the extras having a scouse twang.

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, MikeO said:

Edge of Tomorrow which is like Groundhog Day on steroids, for some reason it passed me by on release but liked it a lot.

Is that the robot one with TC? Had it on my watch list for ages but I can't stand him 

I, unashamedly, have watched about 30 seasons of survivor in the last 4 months. Had never really watched the show (bar the 3 seasons a good college friend was on), but it became a quarantine obsession recently.

So much so that I even submitted an audition tape recently 🙈

11 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

I, unashamedly, have watched about 30 seasons of survivor in the last 4 months. Had never really watched the show (bar the 3 seasons a good college friend was on), but it became a quarantine obsession recently.

So much so that I even submitted an audition tape recently 🙈

Never seen that but a quick bit of research tells me in was cancelled in 2002 after just two series over here, so that would explain why.

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, MikeO said:

Never seen the appeal of "zombie" stuiff so watched "Army of the Dead" on Netflix to see if I was missing out. My opinion hasn't been changed,

Very little of it is actually good, and even the good stuff is more about the living than the dead. 28 Days Later was and is a masterpiece. The sequel was an embarrassment though. 

On 22/06/2020 at 23:16, markjazzbassist said:

finished "the code", if you have netflix, i highly recommend it.  excellent show.

now watching "a very secret service", it's a french show kinda spoof of spy type shows.  soundtrack by nicolas godin (of AIR) which is awesome, and the humor is very dry, and pokes fun at the french (who won world war II?) and americans and everyone in between.  i'm really enjoying it.

Good shout on The Code, I am surprised I never noticed it before reading your post. I'll start season 2 next couple days. A Very Secret Service was pretty silly, but also a good shout.

If you enjoyed The Code and it's cast and haven't seen -

Secret City (political thriller)

Mystery Road (crime/police drama) TV series as well as 2 movies, I really enjoyed the TV series.

My Life is Murder (crime drama-comedy) A bit lighter, but enjoyable. Supposed to be a second season at some point.

All 3 are Australian, and all have The Code cast scattered through them. All pretty entertaining, and learned a fair amount about Australia I didn't know.

3 minutes ago, Ghoat said:

Good shout on The Code, I am surprised I never noticed it before reading your post. I'll start season 2 next couple days. A Very Secret Service was pretty silly, but also a good shout.

If you enjoyed The Code and it's cast and haven't seen -

Secret City (political thriller)

Mystery Road (crime/police drama) TV series as well as 2 movies, I really enjoyed the TV series.

My Life is Murder (crime drama-comedy) A bit lighter, but enjoyable. Supposed to be a second season at some point.

All 3 are Australian, and all have The Code cast scattered through them. All pretty entertaining, and learned a fair amount about Australia I didn't know.

yes i enjoyed secret city as well.

recently watched on netflix

Alone - the latest season, its people surviving in the arctic in Canada alone, foraging for food, hunting, building a shelter, pretty nuts, i love this stuff.

Behind Her Eyes - psychological thriller/mystery.  wonderful just edge of the seat type show.  it's english (BBC?) and the main character is Bono's daughter. 

Yusuke - Anime on Netflix, was decent, about a black samurai.

on apple tv

Mosquito Coast - holy shit this was awesome.  thriller/mystery/on the run type show based on the book.  just finished the season finale and i can't wait till next season.

HBO

The Nevers - pretty decent sci fi/fantasy from Joss Wheden, really enjoyed the show.