IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

17 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Who is going to be the new Doctor? Might give it a watch again then. 

No idea but in all seriousnes I don't think anyone could be worse, not Jody Whittaker's fault because she's had very little to work with, latest episode adding a clunky nod to lesbianism. Why?

9 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

The wife loves The Witcher, but it's a series that I've watched twice and haven't got a real clue what's going on. I get the basics of Geralt, but just got totally lost trying to follow it. 

A lot of people I know love it, so think that it's just one of those things that goes over my head :lol:.

It's a bit odd in that time seems to jump forward and back without explanation, and some of the "creatures" look like they've been created with fairy liquid bottles in the Blue Peter garden, but there's something that keeps me engaged (possibly Yennifer's breasts:P).

24 minutes ago, MikeO said:

No idea but in all seriousnes I don't think anyone could be worse, not Jody Whittaker's fault because she's had very little to work with, latest episode adding a clunky nod to lesbianism. Why?

It's a bit odd in that time seems to jump forward and back without explanation, and some of the "creatures" look like they've been created with fairy liquid bottles in the Blue Peter garden, but there's something that keeps me engaged (possibly Yennifer's breasts:P).

I was disappointed because I really like her as an actress but it was just terrible and I couldn’t stomach it after two or three episodes. 

13 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I was disappointed because I really like her as an actress but it was just terrible and I couldn’t stomach it after two or three episodes. 

Get that completely, she never had a chance with what (and who) she had to work with.

On 03/01/2022 at 20:44, MikeO said:

Enjoying The Tourist on the iPlayer though.

Then episode five (of six) goes completely bat-shit bonkers, looking at ratings on IMDB people seem to agree with me and the last episode gets a decent rating again, but whoever thought five was a good idea needs to lay off the....

Spoilers.

6 hours ago, MikeO said:

I plan on doing that at some point.

I would post the list here, but it would likely take up the entire page.

The list I have also breaks up certain tv seasons, so for example you start Agents of Shield and do episodes 1-7, then it's Thor Dark World, and then back to episodes 8-16 of AoS.

36 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

I would post the list here, but it would likely take up the entire page.

The list I have also breaks up certain tv seasons, so for example you start Agents of Shield and do episodes 1-7, then it's Thor Dark World, and then back to episodes 8-16 of AoS.

Think the main decision is whether to watch them in chronological order of events or by release date. My motivation really is to understand how my wife got so drawn into it, it really was never her type of thing but for some long forgotten reason she went to the cinema with Josh to watch one and was immediately hooked; she had them all on her hard drive and watched them again and again, and when a new one came out the two of them always had to see it on opening day.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Think the main decision is whether to watch them in chronological order of events or by release date. My motivation really is to understand how my wife got so drawn into it, it really was never her type of thing but for some long forgotten reason she went to the cinema with Josh to watch one and was immediately hooked; she had them all on her hard drive and watched them again and again, and when a new one came out the two of them always had to see it on opening day.

I had only seen a few of them before covid. Did a release date watchthrough at the beginning of covid, then did a chronological last year. Now doing the full chronological.

Was just talking with my friends about the appeal of the MCU, and I think it's partially because there's nothing like it. There are certainly other franchises that have a wide story net (Star Wars, Harry Potter, Star Trek, etc) but nothing comes close to this. Star Wars has a few character arc break-offs (Solo, Mandalorian, etc) but the MCU has endless. 

Just off the top of my head, from Phase 1-3 we've seen FOURTEEN characters get at least one spin-off TV series or film. That is unheard of. It's an all-encompassing world that has never been achieved before, and I don't think it ever will again.

27 minutes ago, Matt said:

Oh really? The last season was a shitshow. Mind you, after the Trinity season it was always going to go downhill. Lithgow was immense. 

That last season is exactly why they’ve brought it back for this one season - to rectify the shit show of a final season we were given.

I’ll be watching the finale after the footy. 

48 minutes ago, Matt said:

Oh really? The last season was a shitshow. Mind you, after the Trinity season it was always going to go downhill. Lithgow was immense. 

I would say it’s the second or third best season. Really good, great baddie, far better than could be expected for a show that’s been away so long. The police chief is fit too. 

21 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

That last season is exactly why they’ve brought it back for this one season - to rectify the shit show of a final season we were given.

I’ll be watching the finale after the footy. 

Loads of people moaned about finale, I thought it was very good. 

11 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Loads of people moaned about finale, I thought it was very good. 

Felt rushed to me. The ending of the finale even felt like a writer said "guys! I've just thought if a really good story for a season!" 

"Oh really, better change the outcome of the storm and save it for later"

Glad to hear this new season is good though. I did love Dexter.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Felt rushed to me. The ending of the finale even felt like a writer said "guys! I've just thought if a really good story for a season!" 

I think he might have been talking about the finale of this new season, Matt.

Loads of people have complained about it but I thought it was the only way they could end it, and anyone moaning about it is just living in denial.

11 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Loads of people have complained about it but I thought it was the only way they could end it, and anyone moaning about it is just living in denial.

Aah, I see that now. 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Sorry I meant this latest finale….. it was good. Yeah first one was odd

59 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Yes agreed.  They can’t deal with the closure.  When a great program ends it’s quite emotive. 

I thought the baddie was great in this series, he was Byron Hadley from shawshank. 

On 03/01/2022 at 15:05, Zoo 2.0 said:

The wife loves The Witcher, but it's a series that I've watched twice and haven't got a real clue what's going on. I get the basics of Geralt, but just got totally lost trying to follow it. 

A lot of people I know love it, so think that it's just one of those things that goes over my head :lol:.

I had never heard of it, until I got bored a couple months ago, looking for a new game and downloaded Witcher 3. So when I noticed it on Netflix (right before season 2 dropped) I binged thru, and watched season 2 the day it dropped. Very true to the game at least, and enjoyed it

• 3 weeks later...