IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

19 hours ago, MikeO said:

Still not having it, in those circumstances your wife looks pissed (after you found it funny) you talk her down, you don't go from finding it funny to incredible hulk in five seconds. Not remotely credible.

Smug strutting, imo, confirmed rehearsal.

One day the truth will come out and all you guys will bow at my feet in grovelling apology (though I promise I won't punch anyone....OK maybe Palfy but nobody else:P).

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ fuck me I feel like marked man, do I need grovel now for mercyπŸ™

13 minutes ago, Palfy said:

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ fuck me I feel like marked man, do I need grovel now for mercyπŸ™

You're in no danger mate. First, I've never punched anyone in anger in my life; and second, my "punching" shoulder has the strength of a kitten after myΒ spinal accessory nerve was damaged in surgery. I'm about as dangerous as a feather dusterπŸ˜‚

On 28/03/2022 at 13:40, dunlopp9987 said:

What would be the motivation for it to be staged?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-60881824

"Rock has yet to comment publicly on what happened at the Oscars or Smith's apology.

However, tickets for his upcoming comedy shows have reportedly skyrocketed in Sunday's aftermath.

One live event ticketing site, TickPick, said on Monday that it sold more tickets the previous night than it did in the past month combined.

A spokesperson also told CBS that prices for an upcoming Rock show on Wednesday in Boston rose from $46 (Β£35.16) to $411 (Β£314).

More than half of all ticket sales for Rock's tour - which went on sale a month ago - came after the incident at the Oscars. The vast majority - 88% - of ticket sales for Rock's shows on the website over the last week came after the incident."

10 minutes ago, MikeO said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-60881824

"Rock has yet to comment publicly on what happened at the Oscars or Smith's apology.

However, tickets for his upcoming comedy shows have reportedly skyrocketed in Sunday's aftermath.

One live event ticketing site, TickPick, said on Monday that it sold more tickets the previous night than it did in the past month combined.

A spokesperson also told CBS that prices for an upcoming Rock show on Wednesday in Boston rose from $46 (Β£35.16) to $411 (Β£314).

More than half of all ticket sales for Rock's tour - which went on sale a month ago - came after the incident at the Oscars. The vast majority - 88% - of ticket sales for Rock's shows on the website over the last week came after the incident."

It obviously pays to be bitch slapped from an actor who played Ali, even if he didn’t learn how to throw a decent right punch.Β 

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched the first part of the new Netflix doc about Jimmy Savile. I'm not quite sure how I've made it these 35 years and never heard about this, nor even really heard about him in general. I'm sure I heard about the news in 2012 when it broke, but I obviously didn't pay too much attention to it.

Part one doesn't get into any horrific details, but I'm sure part two will.

3 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Just watched the first part of the new Netflix doc about Jimmy Savile. I'm not quite sure how I've made it these 35 years and never heard about this, nor even really heard about him in general. I'm sure I heard about the news in 2012 when it broke, but I obviously didn't pay too much attention to it.

Part one doesn't get into any horrific details, but I'm sure part two will.

Based on the reach of the vile piece of shit I’m surprised half of us never encountered the ghastly twat.Β 
Β 

goes to show the amount of respect people give to money and power. There is a podcast done by James English where he talks about this to a police man who quits frankly is a hero. I’ll link it in the edit. Β People need to watch this stuff to be aware of the need to be vigilant.Β 

Β 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Based on the reach of the vile piece of shit I’m surprised half of us never encountered the ghastly twat.Β 
Β 

goes to show the amount of respect people give to money and power. There is a podcast done by James English where he talks about this to a police man who quits frankly is a hero. I’ll link it in the edit. Β People need to watch this stuff to be aware of the need to be vigilant.Β 

Β 

Some of his pods are very good I've only got into these in the last couple of years.

Not putting this in sport because I don't consider horse racing to be a sport, it exists purely as a means to gamble....but, watching the grand national coverage (for the first time in many a year) on ITV; car crash television, embarrassing presenters.

2 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Finally subjected myself to the Dr Who Easter special, what a pile of poop.

They really need to nail the recasting now or it's finished I think.

I haven’t taken much notice of Dr Who for a few years now, more because of the cheap budget, it’s become a poor comedy in my eyes. It’s like the BBC are just relying on it’s Iconic status to keep it current instead of good writing and a healthy budget for special effects and good filming, now I realise for a lot of Dr Who fans that is part of the charm of it, but not for me.Β 

5 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I haven’t taken much notice of Dr Who for a few years now, more because of the cheap budget, it’s become a poor comedy in my eyes. It’s like the BBC are just relying on it’s Iconic status to keep it current instead of good writing and a healthy budget for special effects and good filming, now I realise for a lot of Dr Who fans that is part of the charm of it, but not for me.Β 

Been downhill since Russell T Davies/David Tennant left really, 2009/10; Davies is now back and Tennant rumoured to be coming back as well, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just finished the final series of Ozark.

I really enjoyed the series as a whole but I can't help but be disappointed with the conclusion.Β 

There is nothing worse with a TV series that you spend so long watching only to end like it was an afterthought.

43 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I have just finished the final series of Ozark.

I really enjoyed the series as a whole but I can't help but be disappointed with the conclusion.Β 

There is nothing worse with a TV series that you spend so long watching only to end like it was an afterthought.

Have three left to watch, found a lot of this series a hard watch tbh; all of it was totally absurd but went to another level of craziness.

On 08/05/2022 at 14:34, MikeO said:

Have three left to watch, found a lot of this series a hard watch tbh; all of it was totally absurd but went to another level of craziness.

It certainly goes from one leap of imagination to the next!

9 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Overall I really enjoyed it. Β The wrong woman got shot though! Couldn’t stand the obvious one….. that false smile. Amber heard esque

That was the most disappointing thing for me. That character was the one I most wanted to pull through and if it was going to happen then it needed to be spectacular and not like that.Β