IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, MikeO said:

Need something to binge, is Succession as good as it's purported to be?

Other suggestions welcome.

I just finished Foundation and Silo on Apple+. I thought they were decent. Season 2 of Foundation just started a week or two ago. 

Not really bingeworthy though, as both just have one complete season. 

18 hours ago, MikeO said:

Need something to binge, is Succession as good as it's purported to be?

Other suggestions welcome.

It is. The writing and acting is as good as any show I've seen. However, you have to be fine with watching despicable people be horrible to each other.

Severance on Apple? If you haven't, it's a must.

I just recently did my first watch through of the Sopranos in about 15 years. Really was the show that started the boom in quality tv that we see now.

5 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Just saw Oppenheimer, and wowwy zowwy I think that might be Nolan's opus. And he's made some great ones. A long movie but I'm tempted to go back again soon, I absolutely loved it. The entire a-bomb test sequence was one of the most gripping 10-15 minutes of film I've seen in a while.

Brilliant wasn't it? Like I said above, I would have happily sat through a fourth hour.

6 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Just saw Oppenheimer, and wowwy zowwy I think that might be Nolan's opus. And he's made some great ones. A long movie but I'm tempted to go back again soon, I absolutely loved it. The entire a-bomb test sequence was one of the most gripping 10-15 minutes of film I've seen in a while.

Is it that long? I lost all concept of time during that film, just mesmerised.

On 28/07/2023 at 03:37, dunlopp9987 said:

The entire a-bomb test sequence was one of the most gripping 10-15 minutes of film I've seen in a while.

For me it was the most gripping 10 minutes since the end of Inception (still the best Nolan film, or any film to be honest, but this runs close). 

I’ve been a fan of Nolan for sometime, but at this point I can’t put anyone above him. The man is on another level. 
I used to love Scorsese and how he told a story, but the last ten years or so he’s been far overtaken. 

29 minutes ago, StevO said:

For me it was the most gripping 10 minutes since the end of Inception (still the best Nolan film, or any film to be honest, but this runs close). 

I’ve been a fan of Nolan for sometime, but at this point I can’t put anyone above him. The man is on another level. 
I used to love Scorsese and how he told a story, but the last ten years or so he’s been far overtaken. 

Oh I still rate PTA over Nolan. PTA will probably forever be my favorite director.

Also it's v cliche, but hot damn Spielberg knows how to craft a film. I went back and watched almost all of his filmography in Jan/Feb and I think he's the 🐐