IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

1 hour ago, StevO said:

Anyone watched The Bear?

Me and the missus watched the first series in the last two days. Loved it. 

Yeah. I fell asleep a few times as was watching late on.  Different style of series, enjoyable. Need to find where I fell asleep as I’m sure I’ve done series 1. 

2 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

I haven't been this pumped for a season two of a show in a long time. It was one of the most original, thrilling things I've seen.

Agree on so many levels. It was fantastic and ended on a perfect cliff hanger. Way better than I expected. I'll probably rewatch it right before season 2 comes out. 

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Anyone watch season 1 of Welcome to Wrexham? Thought it was one of the better seasons of tv about sports I've seen. S2 trailer just dropped and I have to say, the trailer is thrilling. Even with knowing how the season ends. 

I thought I had seen all of series one. And then I looked on Disney + the other day for the series two date and turns out I still have two episodes left. 

I started watching Physical on Apple TV last night, enjoyed the first two episodes. Some really good stuff on there lately. 
Watched the first two episodes of Afterparty and that was shit. 

• 4 months later...
12 hours ago, MikeO said:

Doctor Who looks like it's going to be back on form after the dross of Jodie Whittaker and Bradley Walsh (what the hell were they thinking?).

Ncuti Gatwa looks like solid casting, and a promising companion also...bit of Clara Oswald about her I think.

It's actually just one companion again and not a whole troop that satisfies every bit of political correctness you can think of like it's been for the past few series'?

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Thought I'd watch Oppenheimer to see if it was as good as those that hand out gongs have decreed.

Bored me to death, given up on it before the end.

I agree, although the 10 minute bomb test scene was some of the most thrilling filmmaking I've seen in a long time. 

On another note, I recently tore through The Bear. Brilliant writing, brilliant acting, and legitimately gave me PTSD anxiety pains from having opened a restaurant 6 years ago 🥴

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

Thought I'd watch Oppenheimer to see if it was as good as those that hand out gongs have decreed.

Went and saw it shortly after it came out in IMAX. Had never seen a film in that format before but decided to splurge for this one. Was not disappointed at all. The run time of right at 3 hours is a bit of a slog, I admit it. That being said, it's definitely worthy of the awards praise it's getting. I had thought Cillian Murphy was a shoe-in for the Best Actor Oscar but it seems as if Paul Giamatti is starting to take some of the wind out of the sails during awards season thus far (Giamatti is good in The Holdovers though). I'd be shocked if Robert Downey Jr. doesn't get a best supporting actor Oscar for his role in Oppenheimer. 

6 hours ago, MikeO said:

Saw it twice in the cinema and bought the 4kray so I could watch all the extras. One of my favourite films of recent times. 

4 hours ago, StatesideToffee14 said:

Went and saw it shortly after it came out in IMAX.

40 minutes ago, Matt said:

Saw it twice in the cinema and bought the 4kray so I could watch all the extras.

Maybe move to small screen lessened the impact, but wasn't impressed at all.

Oppenheimer and Napoleon are high on my watch list.

the reviews of napoleon are disappointing I'm hoping I find it much better as he is the one character in history with a long awaited modern release.  The silent movie made in 1927 ain't gonna cut it for me despite its acclaim. 

25 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Oppenheimer and Napoleon are high on my watch list.

the reviews of napoleon are disappointing I'm hoping I find it much better as he is the one character in history with a long awaited modern release.  The silent movie made in 1927 ain't gonna cut it for me despite its acclaim. 

I went to see Napoleon as well. It was ok but some bits of it came across as a comedy which I found strange.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...