IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

7 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Agree on Rings of Power; HotG I've still not watched the last two episodes yet, I'll get round to it but it's the poor relation imo.

I agree MikeO, Rings of Power was better all through the season but after the last two episodes House of the Dragons Is looking promising for season 2.

On 22/10/2022 at 21:46, Hafnia said:

Finally Got into better call Saul. Love it. His brother is a horrible git, I’m just getting to the breaking bad characters now with gus making his first appearance. 

@MikeO watched the episode last night where his brother is written out.  Awful the way he treated his baby brother, I think the resentment came from his mum asking for jimmy. 

Started watching “how to change your mind” on Netflix.  As someone who has struggled with anxiety/ocd/addiction/adhd I’m quite intrigued and equally frustrated that medical research and funding into issues of the brain are neglected. 

I was listening to Michael Pollan on a podcast and was intrigued that psychedelics showed massive promise  in treating addiction years ago but was outlawed. 

recently there has been a huge revival in looking at the potential of treating ptsd, depression, addiction.  There are obvious risks as some people can induce permanent psychosis so the trials have to assess who is a risk and who isn’t. 

never taken lsd, I’m sure a few on here may have done. Always been very scared of what it could do. Just very interesting to see scientists talk about it. 

On 26/10/2022 at 08:25, MikeO said:

Agree on Rings of Power; HotG I've still not watched the last two episodes yet, I'll get round to it but it's the poor relation imo.

HotD picked up in the last couple of episodes for me. The last one ended with you wanting to start the second season of course that isn't out of course. 

Still think Rings of Power is better overall though. 

57 minutes ago, Formby said:

Just seen the new All Quiet on the Western Front (German language version) on Netflix. A very poignant reminder of the horror of war and those that get caught up in it.  

Didn't realise there was a new one out, 1930 one was/is a classic, I'll have  watch.

5 hours ago, MikeO said:

Didn't realise there was a new one out, 1930 one was/is a classic, I'll have  watch.

I loved the fact that, like the book, it was in German. Gave it a very authentic feel, like you were seeing the shared history from the other side, and realising that everything was just the same - the uncaring leaders, the desperate conditons, the loved ones back home, the brutality of war and the ultimatum loneliness of brave men from both sides. I prefered it to 1917, if you have seen that.