IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

In case you need something else to watch….

entourage…. Gross out watch, great fun.

sons of anarchy….. great series

dexter…. Awesome, one series with a John Lithgowe is outstanding 

sopranos…. The best full stop

breaking bad… takes a few episodes but brilliant 

Friday night lights…. Enjoyed it 

sex education…. Yeah enjoyed that

ted lasso…. Enjoyable, very easy watch 

On 12/05/2022 at 14:38, Hafnia said:

In case you need something else to watch….

entourage…. Gross out watch, great fun.

sons of anarchy….. great series

dexter…. Awesome, one series with a John Lithgowe is outstanding 

sopranos…. The best full stop

breaking bad… takes a few episodes but brilliant 

Friday night lights…. Enjoyed it 

sex education…. Yeah enjoyed that

ted lasso…. Enjoyable, very easy watch 

I finished the Sopranos for the first time about a month ago. I'm angry at myself I didn't start it way sooner. Amazing show. 

26 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

I finished the Sopranos for the first time about a month ago. I'm angry at myself I didn't start it way sooner. Amazing show. 

Not sure why you'd be angry with yourself,  you've postponed the now constant disappointment watching anything else because it isn't the Sopranos. 

Oz always intrigued me, but never had access to it. 

8 minutes ago, Matt said:

Not sure why you'd be angry with yourself,  you've postponed the now constant disappointment watching anything else because it isn't the Sopranos. 

Oz always intrigued me, but never had access to it. 

Don’t know if you’ve seen The Wire (also really good), but Oz has a lot of the same faces (a couple from Dexter too). 

2 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

Don’t know if you’ve seen The Wire (also really good), but Oz has a lot of the same faces (a couple from Dexter too). 

Never got around to The Wire, always been told its up their with BB and Sopranos

1 hour ago, Sibdane said:

It’s better on second viewing. So many subtleties.   

my favourite characters:-

tony

johnny sack 

junior

chris

paulie

silvio

4 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

It’s better on second viewing. So many subtleties.   

my favourite characters:-

tony

johnny sack 

junior

chris

paulie

silvio

I'll probably watch it again but it'll be another 10 years. Going through Firefly again has been so enjoyable because I'd forgotten so much of the subtleties and I swore I wouldn't watch that again either 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/05/2022 at 16:00, Bailey said:

That was the most disappointing thing for me. That character was the one I most wanted to pull through and if it was going to happen then it needed to be spectacular and not like that. 

*spoilers to anyone who hasn't seen the end of Ozark*

I didn't like the end because it's not the end I wanted. However, it kinda makes sense. I think most people were pulling for Marty and Ruth to make it out ok as the most likeable and often times sympathetic figures (in no small party because Wendy became so awful). But Marty was the original idiot, had to uproot his family to save his ass, and though he tried to avoid it, his whole family became embroiled in self-preservation. The unintended consequences of that led to the Snell and Langmore families being wiped off the face of the Earth, major damage to KC mob family, major hits to Wendy's family, major consequences and losses for the cartel itself, significant disruption to the local community and economy - all for the sake of Marty and his family. Kinda like Breaking Bad, you wind up hoping good things happen to bad people, and there was no way for there to remotely be a happy ending.

Fantastic series. 

15 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Thought about that but ended up binge watching, couldn't resist.

I made that mistake with Ozark, watching the first drop, then had to go back and watch a lot of it all over again to get back on the various plot arcs!

3 minutes ago, Ghoat said:

*spoilers to anyone who hasn't seen the end of Ozark*

I didn't like the end because it's not the end I wanted. However, it kinda makes sense. I think most people were pulling for Marty and Ruth to make it out ok as the most likeable and often times sympathetic figures (in no small party because Wendy became so awful). But Marty was the original idiot, had to uproot his family to save his ass, and though he tried to avoid it, his whole family became embroiled in self-preservation. The unintended consequences of that led to the Snell and Langmore families being wiped off the face of the Earth, major damage to KC mob family, major hits to Wendy's family, major consequences and losses for the cartel itself, significant disruption to the local community and economy - all for the sake of Marty and his family. Kinda like Breaking Bad, you wind up hoping good things happen to bad people, and there was no way for there to remotely be a happy ending.

Fantastic series. 

Well put.

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/07/2022 at 22:49, Formby said:

Just watched LOTR: The Rings of Power third trailer and am now actually quite excited for the Amazon series. The first trailer was awful and the second not much better, so my expectations for the third were really low, but I was impressed. 

Be interested to see how that goes also.

Today, latest BCS episode, off the wall slow burner and will be interesting to see how they contextualise it.

Also been binging Game of Thrones (ahead of cancelling Sky subscription), just started series seven. Arya is far and away the star character of the whole series for me.

40 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Be interested to see how that goes also.

Today, latest BCS episode, off the wall slow burner and will be interesting to see how they contextualise it.

Also been binging Game of Thrones (ahead of cancelling Sky subscription), just started series seven. Arya is far and away the star character of the whole series for me.

I'm looking forward to the prequel show coming in August.

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Brilliant final episode of BCS, what a quality thing it's been; best show of its type ever in my opinion.

BB was great but BCS tops it for me.

I watched seasons 1-4 and loved it, but it's been at least a year since that so I would need a full refresher. 

I just binged season 1 of Severance on AppleTV and....I shit you not, haven't been this genuinely gobsmacked by a show in years. The concept is incredible, the writing acting and directing are impeccable, everything about it is phenomenal.

Couldn't recommend it enough. Everyone go watch. 

31 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

I watched seasons 1-4 and loved it, but it's been at least a year since that so I would need a full refresher. 

I just binged season 1 of Severance on AppleTV and....I shit you not, haven't been this genuinely gobsmacked by a show in years. The concept is incredible, the writing acting and directing are impeccable, everything about it is phenomenal.

Couldn't recommend it enough. Everyone go watch. 

I'll certainly have a look at Severance on that recommendation. Obi-Wan Kenobi next up though, but it's only six episodes so won't take long.

Edit: I did the Youtube series catch-ups of series 1-4 BCS, was enough to jog my brain back into gear.