IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

Just finished Colin in Black and White which I thought was great, Kaepernick himself was impressive in the "narrator" role and I liked the unusual format. Whether it's an accurate reflection of how black people are treated in America I don't know (be interested to hear from across the pond members) but if it is it's pretty damning.

5 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I went to see it for something to do, having not read it or even knowing what it was really going to be about, and I loved it.

I envy you in a way, you don't know what's coming. This is my read book, pretty much once to twice a year when I was an active reader. So much of the book isn't possible to translate to film but the hard parts were done brilliantly. Aside from a couple of timeline tweaks and questionable dialogue changes, it's a brilliant representation of the book. 

25 minutes ago, Matt said:

I envy you in a way, you don't know what's coming. This is my read book, pretty much once to twice a year when I was an active reader. So much of the book isn't possible to translate to film but the hard parts were done brilliantly. Aside from a couple of timeline tweaks and questionable dialogue changes, it's a brilliant representation of the book. 

Visually it was absolutely stunning, and the performances were amazing too.

I can see why some people were bored for large chunks of the movie and didn't enjoy it as much as I did. It was very story-driven and world building, without much actually happening, but I really liked learning about the characters and their stories. . I was quite mesmerised by it all and the time absolutely flew by for me.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Not watched it yet but have the three Get Back films set up to watch, dipped into it a little thus far and find it pretty amazing, how has all this footage never seen the light of day before?

It's on my list. Very excited to watch.

Just finished my first full re-watch of The Wire. Watched the whole series probably 8-10 years ago, and man oh man. It's just absolutely one of the best of all-time. The writing, acting, character and story progression is just top-notch.

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Spider-Man No Way From Home is stupendously good. Put it this way, I would've happily bought another ticket and gone straight back in to watch it again.

That is all I'll say about it so as not to spoil anything.

Is it worth watching if you know nothing about the Marvel Universe? Josh is going tomorrow and we could get two tickets for the price of one, so tempted to join him.

10 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Is it worth watching if you know nothing about the Marvel Universe? Josh is going tomorrow and we could get two tickets for the price of one, so tempted to join him.

You'll still really enjoy it because it's a great movie, but lots of the little nods to the fans won't have quite the same impact. Like the theatre cheered in parts when certain things happened.

I'd say go and watch it with him. He'll get a lot out of it seeing as he's a fan of the Universe and you'll probably enjoy his reactions to things throughout as much as the movie itself.

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

You'll still really enjoy it because it's a great movie, but lots of the little nods to the fans won't have quite the same impact. Like the theatre cheered in parts when certain things happened.

I'd say go and watch it with him. He'll get a lot out of it seeing as he's a fan of the Universe and you'll probably enjoy his reactions to things throughout as much as the movie itself.

Might do that, although I just realised 2 for 1 is only Tuesdays and Wednesdays:(

Josh always went to these with his mum, she really enjoyed the Universe.

On 15/12/2021 at 13:46, Romey 1878 said:

I go to a Vue cinema and that's only £4.99 during off-peak times but I would've happily paid full price.

Ask him to treat you 😛.

Didn't go in the end, I spent an hour in a theatre yesterday watching one of my grandkids in a dance thing and the atmosphere really messed with my breathing, so didn't really want to risk best part of three hours in a cinema.

Josh thought it was brilliant though.

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

Didn't go in the end, I spent an hour in a theatre yesterday watching one of my grandkids in a dance thing and the atmosphere really messed with my breathing, so didn't really want to risk best part of three hours in a cinema.

Josh thought it was brilliant though.

Fair enough, I hope you’re feeling better ASAP, Mike.

I knew he’d enjoy it :).

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone watching Attenborough and the mammoth 🦣 graveyard. Cerney wick when this was happening it was about 15-20 minutes walk for me from my old house in Latton, now I’ve moved it’s about about 30 minutes. I new there was a dig going on there I’ve walked around it so many times and saw them there, to be honest I thought they had found another Roman settlement for the first couple of months, until talking to a few of them in the local pub garden. I know it may sound geeky but I find this subject so interesting. 

On 15/12/2021 at 07:11, Romey 1878 said:

Spider-Man No Way From Home is stupendously good. Put it this way, I would've happily bought another ticket and gone straight back in to watch it again.

That is all I'll say about it so as not to spoil anything.

Saw it last week and couldn't stop thinking about it for a couple days. Absolutely jumped into my top 3 MCU films. 

Cannot wait to see it again.

Catching up on The Witcher on Netflix, but it's really the kind of thing that I watch for a bit, get a bit bored so do something else and then come back. Want to see where it goes but doesn't hold my attention through an episode.

Enjoying The Tourist on the iPlayer though.

Finally (may have expressed this view before), I'm still one of the dwindling bunch who watch Doctor Who and the thing that really annoys me in this incarnation, is that the support cast is often excellent (Aisling Bea in the latest special, brilliant) but the core characters are planks of wood. Needs a lot of work.

13 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Catching up on The Witcher on Netflix, but it's really the kind of thing that I watch for a bit, get a bit bored so do something else and then come back. Want to see where it goes but doesn't hold my attention through an episode.

Enjoying The Tourist on the iPlayer though.

Finally (may have expressed this view before), I'm still one of the dwindling bunch who watch Doctor Who and the thing that really annoys me in this incarnation, is that the support cast is often excellent (Aisling Bea in the latest special, brilliant) but the core characters are planks of wood. Needs a lot of work.

Who is going to be the new Doctor? Might give it a watch again then. 

20 minutes ago, MikeO said:

The wife loves The Witcher, but it's a series that I've watched twice and haven't got a real clue what's going on. I get the basics of Geralt, but just got totally lost trying to follow it. 

A lot of people I know love it, so think that it's just one of those things that goes over my head :lol:.