IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

16 hours ago, MikeO said:

Brilliant final episode of BCS, what a quality thing it's been; best show of its type ever in my opinion.

BB was great but BCS tops it for me.

Almost hard to separate them, IMO, so much of what made BCS great, was you knew where it was going, and when BB characters were introduced to BCS, it was so cool because we knew their future. BCS was such a slow burn. If we didn't know the BB world, the first season with the brother and the electricity stuff would have been a pretty laborious watch. But since we knew what "Jimmy" became, it made for an engrossing long slow car wreck. 

I think the true genius of BCS, that I never would have expected, was the last 3-4 or so episodes that were no longer pre-BB, but Gene/post BB all shot in black and white, as Gene had always been. They literally changed the show from Jimmy's transformation with snippets of Gene, to skipping the "end" of BCS, past BB and put the final wraps on both series in one fell swoop. That reason alone was enough to make BCS better.

So yeah, sorry, you're right!

26 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

Mrs G's a fan!

I can proudly say that I've never watched more than an accidental (channel hopping) second of it in my entire life. 

Not claiming one-upmanship; I plead guilty to periods of watching Eastenders and Emmerdale in the past, hell I was one of about a dozen people in the country who liked El Dorado😂

And I watched a few Hollyoaks episodes when a mate of mine was in it as well.

Story behind that last one, jobbing (not very good tbh) actor called Paul Kelly lived near me in London in the eighties, was Scouse and a cracking bloke and we spent many happy hours in the pub together. Fast forward close on twenty years and I'd long since moved to Devon and got married etc, then in around 2002/3 we had a holiday in Scotland....and on the way home stopped off in Liverpool. Parked down by the dock and we were walking into town when, just by the yellow submarine, there he was walking towards us, so I said, "hello Paul" and he said "hello Mike" like we'd only seen each other the day before😂. He was up there filming for Hollyoaks (he was a school truant officer or whatever they're now called).

What are the chances?

On 16/08/2022 at 22:16, dunlopp9987 said:

I just binged season 1 of Severance on AppleTV and....I shit you not, haven't been this genuinely gobsmacked by a show in years. The concept is incredible, the writing acting and directing are impeccable, everything about it is phenomenal.

Two episodes in and I'd say I'm intrigued as to where it's going rather than gobsmacked, acting is indeed top notch though.

Also, Fargo? Series one was off the scale but the second one I'm really struggling to get into, any opinions on whether it's worth sticking with?

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Two episodes in and I'd say I'm intrigued as to where it's going rather than gobsmacked, acting is indeed top notch though.

Also, Fargo? Series one was off the scale but the second one I'm really struggling to get into, any opinions on whether it's worth sticking with?

Yeah it takes a bit. I won't say anything more, other than you should stick with it.

Agreed about Fargo. While I appreciate the concept of doing a different story each season, nothing hits the heights of S1. I did watch all 4 seasons, and I enjoyed them, but they left a little bit to be desired after the first

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Last season of GOT just destroyed any interest I had in the whole thing. Had the potential to be one of the best final seasons of all time and they killed it in 2 episodes, then started kicking the corpse. 

Just showed how good GRRM's material was. Once they didn't have that to work from they showed that they were pretty shit show writers really.

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Never been a watcher of Strictly but this was linked on the BBC sport site so I had a look, it was a physically painful watch; Arse fans must be searching for rocks to crawl under!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0d2gvng

Up there with that video from a while back of him taking a training session as a manager.