IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

7 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

He'd become that safe in his position that he was blatantly corrupt. 

I binged all 4 episodes last night. What's crazy is I eventually started to feel compassion for Blatter, if only because there were others who were just as (or more) vile than he was.

The whole thing really makes you not want to watch the world cup this year...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, MikeO said:

Finished His Dark Materials on the iPlayer earlier, thought it was very well done.

Didn't know the story at all up front and the ending was totally unexpected for me; most things I twig ahead of time but not this, impressed.

I'm watching it week by week but I've read the books (they're very good), so I know what happens anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/01/2023 at 21:37, Btay said:

How did you find it? I started the first episode but I was just run down from work. Big fan of Charlie Cox so I’m hoping it’s good 

I thought it was quite good Btay. Watched another series a few months ago called Kin with Charlie Cox in it, thats worth a watch too if you havent seen it.

• 4 weeks later...
On 01/02/2023 at 13:31, MikeO said:

The Last of Us.

Not normally my sort of genre but impressed thus far.

The writing, direction and acting is all top notch. The third episode from last week will likely be one of the best episodes of television we'll see in 2023. 

I'm currently on a Spielberg binge right now. Have re-watched a bunch that I've seen previously, watched for the first time ones like AI, Minority Report, Catch Me If You Can, etc. ET is still #1 in my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/02/2023 at 08:26, Matt said:

Picard s3 already seems light-years away from the first 2 seasons. Really enjoyed the first 2 episodes. 

Watched the first one and seriously underwhelmed (Jeri Ryan aside, not aged a day); nothing original, same old....while I enjoyed the first two series because they moved the narrative on. This is just copy/paste imo, but I'll give it more time to prove me wrong.

37 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Watched the first one and seriously underwhelmed (Jeri Ryan aside, not aged a day); nothing original, same old....while I enjoyed the first two series because they moved the narrative on. This is just copy/paste imo, but I'll give it more time to prove me wrong.

Couldn't disagree more. This an actual Star Trek storyline. Ep3 has a big twist too which is quite original unless you've played Portal. 

17 minutes ago, Matt said:

Couldn't disagree more. This an actual Star Trek storyline. Ep3 has a big twist too which is quite original unless you've played Portal. 

Ex-Enterpise officers decide to go rogue and commandeer a ship thus rebelling against Starfleet? Ex-crew mate in trouble so needs rescuing?

That's a new one....not.

It's an actual Star Trek stroryline in that it's the same old stuff. 

I'll continue to watch, hopefully episode three twist makes it interesting.

14 hours ago, MikeO said:

Ex-Enterpise officers decide to go rogue and commandeer a ship thus rebelling against Starfleet? Ex-crew mate in trouble so needs rescuing?

That's a new one....not.

It's an actual Star Trek stroryline in that it's the same old stuff. 

I'll continue to watch, hopefully episode three twist makes it interesting.

No, it's a new take on a "Star Trek storyline". It's not the same really but I know what you mean. 

Miles better so far than s2 (which was also unoriginal by your definition; back in time to Earth has been done in 2 films and several episodes, mostly very well done if you ignore ST4) and most of s1 which was a massive let down. 

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

No, it's a new take on a "Star Trek storyline". It's not the same really but I know what you mean. 

Miles better so far than s2 (which was also unoriginal by your definition; back in time to Earth has been done in 2 films and several episodes, mostly very well done if you ignore ST4) and most of s1 which was a massive let down. 

Stop interrupting, I'm trying to watch episode two:D