IGNORED

Nugent ?

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cant remember who it was but somebody said that we're looking to pay £10 mil for a England Internation, but personally i dont think that hes worth that much.

probs be jenas, we was quoted £10m for him and he is a england international.

Wouldnt want him then anything over 4mil is to much.

If he realy wants to sign he will wait till next year when we can get him on the free.

He won't be free it will go to a tribunal and no tribunal is going to set a fee of pennies for an England international, even though he's only played one senior game and maybe a couple more by then.

Edited by Romey 1878

I don't think that its Everton that are enquiring for him.

Sunderland will be one and I think the other is either Birmingham or The Skunks to replace Owen.

Last weeek it didn't look that bad but now over the weekend it looks like we will be out bid for Jag (although can't understand how we can be as all we have to do is offer the release clause) Nugent reports are saying he is going to Sunderland with part exchange and reports today say that Everton won't buy Manny and don't think that Benfica will allow another loan

I'm with Adam with this one. Looks to me like Moyes has given up with him or a deal would have probebly already been reached. I remember we were linked with him about a season or 2 agao, and he was about 2 million and we didn't want to pay that. So I doubt we would go all the way up to 8 million or whatever is being quoted. I think we could find better on the market for that price!

As for the Jegielka situation, I read somwhere that we were bidding just below the release clause- cause we know he wants to leave anyway! The deal has said to have been stalled by us trying now to involve neysmith in a swap deal for him.

From the People..

DAVID NUGENT last night told Preston: Sell me or I'll leave for nothing.

The England Under-21 star has refused to sign a new deal and insisted that he must be playing in the Premiership next season, with Everton leading the way for the £6million-rated striker.

With only one year left on his deal at Preston, Nugent knows he could move for free next summer, but he is desperate to play in the top flight to force his way into the England senior side for Euro 2008.

Nugent said: "Being a full international could price me out of a move. But I've only a year left on my contract so obviously it's up to Preston to accept a bid.

"If they don't, they will get no money at the end of the season.

"They know I'm not going to sign a new contract. The Premiership is where I need to be."