IGNORED

Blues Turn To Yak And Fernandes

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sport Lisbon and Benfica - Soccer, SAD, under the cover of the alínea i) of the Article 3º of the Regulation of CMVM nº 4/2004, informs that it received a proposal from the Everton Football Club for acquisition of 50% of the economic laws that withholds of the Manuel athlete Enrique Tavares Fernandes. The Advice of Administration of the Sport Lisbon and Benfica - Soccer, SAD, now equate or the acceptance of the proposal of the Everton or, in alternative, to come to acquire 50% of the economic laws that do not belong to the Society. For the decision on this substance, the will of the player will be determinative.

translation from CraccerC's link to the official Benfica site

can i get excited yet?

But, however, Manuel Fernandes was replaced by the Argentine one Andrés Diaz in the list of him called for the game of this Tuesday with the FC Copenhaga, of the third one pre of the Champions, and we be able to advance that the fate more than probable of the medium red one passes for the return to the Everton.

yes jack it would have if not for tht ^

Edited by CraccerC

Is f***ing right!!! Very excited. What a midfield. Mani, Arteta, Cahill, Osman and Pienaar. Bring Europe on. Shame Mani won't be elligible for the Spurs game 2moz, saying that we won't need him if they play the same as they did against the mackems. Well done Moysie lad!

im fucking made up!!! But! so I hear we have only made a bid for him, anyone else could also bid so lets hope he wants to come back, I think he will because as ive said my mates dad has became one of his best mates and was meant to be visiting him in portugal so lets hope he's back asap!

is it it true benfica have accepted a 9 million euro bid from us? i heard on sky :huh:

rumour would suggest so.

that is the first half sorted. they did ask for £6m from us to start with, that is for 50% of manny, which means we value the other 50% at £6m. so we now go and buy the other £6m/50% from his investors.

this may go down to the wire, because you know we will try to save a few quid if we can. im sure it'll be worth waiting another couple of weeks for the years of entertainment we can get from him.

excitement has commenced! :P

rumour would suggest so.

that is the first half sorted. they did ask for £6m from us to start with, that is for 50% of manny, which means we value the other 50% at £6m. so we now go and buy the other £6m/50% from his investors.

this may go down to the wire, because you know we will try to save a few quid if we can. im sure it'll be worth waiting another couple of weeks for the years of entertainment we can get from him.

excitement has commenced! :P

Very good news. Just a striker now and I'll never moan about Kenwright again :D

It was in the mail on saturday that they had a 6 million bid accepted and was understood that the 3rd party side of it would only cost 2 million moyes does'nt want to go above 8 million for him. only Paper talk but you never know.

Its on BBC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ton/6945169.stm

Everton make move for Fernandes

_44056487_fernandes203.jpg

Fernandes played for Everton on loan last season

Everton have made a formal offer for Benfica's Manuel Fernandes, according to the 21-year-old midfielder's cub.

Benfica own only 50% of the Portuguese international, while Everton would want to buy the player outright to avoid third-party ownership complications.

Benfica said in a statement: "We have received an offer from Everton to acquire 50% of Fernandes' rights. We are analysing Everton's offer."

However, Everton are thought to be £4m short of Benfica's £12m valuation.

Fernandes spent the second part of last season on loan at Goodison Park and did enough for manager David Moyes to want to agree a permanent deal for him.

But Everton will be wary that Fernandes is part-owned by a third party, the Global Sports Agency.

Under Premier league rules: "England's top clubs are not allowed to field a player owned by a third party who would have the "ability materially to influence its policies or the performance of its teams".

Benfica have named Fernandes in their squad for Tuesday's Champions League qualifying match against FC Copenhagen - but did not join the rest of the team on Monday.

If he does play, Fernandes would not be eligible to play for Everton in this season's Uefa Cup - and that could scupper a deal.

Didn't storys from different places.

Sky says offer been accepted.

BBC and ITV say that offer is being considered but 4m short.

Then I came accross this.

In a whirlwind few hours, Everton official Ian Ross has confirmed what all Evertonians have been dying to hear - Benfica star Manuel Fernandes is fully expected to tie up a deal with the Toffees in the next 24 hours.

The enigmatic midfielder became somewhat of a cult hero at Goodison Park with cameos of skill and the occasional magnificent strike peppering his time with the club.

And hours after Benfica confirmed the Everton bid for the player, Ian Ross has stated he is "expected" to sign a five-year-contract imminently.

Ross said: "I think that everything will be decided in next the 24 hours, We have everything worked out with Benfica and now the decision is in the hands of the player.

"We just need to wait for him to confirm the agreement, but I think that only a great overturn would prevent the transfer happening.

"He is expected to sign a five-year contract, as is the norm with young players joining the club."

Not sure what to believe at the moment but would be very happy if this is true.

Edited by Adam

if he plays in the champions league match this week does it mean he can not play in eufa cup for us ???

Someone asked this question before and the answer given was that he can play for us even if he plays in europe for them as they are two different comps. Mascherano did it for the Shite (champs league) and West Spam (Uefa).

Yet another story, this one from tomorrows daily mail

Manuel Fernandes flew into Merseyside on Monday night to complete an &8million move to Everton after being pulled out of Benfica's Champions League qualifier with FC Copenhagen.

The midfielder, who had a loan spell at Goodison last season, is due to discuss personal terms today over a move that will cost Everton an initial &6m, with addons. Everton are also refusing to give up their pursuit of Middlesbrough's Nigeria striker Yakubu.

Starting to look good!! Still dont rate Yak at anywhere near £10-£12M and we will still be short in numbers upfront over the Xmas & New Year because of African Nations Cup

Still who cares he will defo improve the squad!!

Yet another story, this one from tomorrows daily mail

Manuel Fernandes flew into Merseyside on Monday night to complete an &8million move to Everton after being pulled out of Benfica's Champions League qualifier with FC Copenhagen.

The midfielder, who had a loan spell at Goodison last season, is due to discuss personal terms today over a move that will cost Everton an initial &6m, with addons. Everton are also refusing to give up their pursuit of Middlesbrough's Nigeria striker Yakubu.

Starting to look good!! Still dont rate Yak at anywhere near £10-£12M and we will still be short in numbers upfront over the Xmas & New Year because of African Nations Cup

Still who cares he will defo improve the squad!!

Why not? He's a proven goal scorer in this league and you have to pay for that because it's the hardest thing to do. I'll be happy to spend the money on him, he's quality and AJ needs the support.

Why not? He's a proven goal scorer in this league and you have to pay for that because it's the hardest thing to do. I'll be happy to spend the money on him, he's quality and AJ needs the support.

Good post and point, I really am baffled about people who slate Yakubu. Personally, I think he would be perfect foil for AJ!